“homewood suites does not disappoint”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
St. Louis, Missouri
“homewood suites does not disappoint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stopped at this Homewood Suites on the way to Florida. Reserved the 2 bedroom suite. Room was very nice as the bedrooms were sectioned off from the kitchen/living room area. Each bedroom had a full bathroom. The fireplace was nice. This is an older type Homewood Suites and the room lighting was dim, it needs to be updated. The furniture was worn, but it was not a problem. Beds were comfortable. Enjoyed the free breakfast. I always stay at the Homewood suite properties. Was not able to use the outside pool due to the colder weather.

Room Tip: I always choose the highest floor possible so I do not hear people walking above me. I try to stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear getty2go,

Thank you for stopping at our hotel during your travels to Florida! We love welcoming new guests to our property. I am very happy that your overall experience here was pleasant and that you enjoyed your spacious suite. I have shared your concerns in regards to the lighting in your suite and the conditions of the furnishings with our Chief Engineer in an effort to avoid the recurrence. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and I can assure you that the issues will be addressed immediately. I appreciate you sharing your wonderful feedback! We look forward to having you back the next time you come through Atlanta so you can go for a swim in the pool!

Best Wishes,
Rebecca Hamby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stay at this hotel each time I am in the Atlanta area whether for business or leisure. It gives me the comfort and convenience of home when I am away. The staff is very accomodating and they consistently go the extra mile to make you feel welcomed. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area: Copeland's, The Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, etc. There's a movie theatre and a mall nearby as well.

Dear Shannon V,

What a wonderful post! We are very grateful for your kind words. Our team here works very hard to ensure all of our guests are happy. We aim to provide sincere service, as your happiness is of our utmost importance. The next time you are here, you should check with our guest service associate’s at the front desk for some additional options for restaurants and activities in the area. There are lots of fantastic options! Thank you again for your review! We can’t wait to welcome you home soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed at Homewood in Atlanta for business. Excellent breakfast, they used real whole eggs and not powdered eggs like other hotels. Dinner consisted of salmon with salad and the quality was excellent. Undoubtedly the best hotel I ever stayed for business. Convenient to the Galleria Shopping Mall.

Dear Alan F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us during your business travels! I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland, we want all of our guests to feel at home. Part of maintaining our home like atmosphere is being able to provide our guest with home style meals. I am overjoyed that you thought both our breakfast and dinner were delicious. Thank you again for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We travel to Atlanta fairly regularly and have had very bad experiences at the Hampton Inn at Northlake. Even though this is closer to our destination than the Galleria area, we chose to drive farther to get more helpful, courteous service. Although it is 15 minutes further to drive, it is well worth the difference for the service. I can't think of anything that can destroy a trip more than an unpleasant atmosphere caused by poor service. Both the Galleria Hampton Inn and Galleria Homewood Suites provide great service, comfortable and clean rooms and an overall pleasant atmosphere.

2 Thank Grateful155019
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Grateful155019,

It was our pleasure to welcome you into our home while you were in Atlanta! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our Trip Advisor community. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave our property feeling extremely satisfied and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff and the service we provided you. Thank you again for the review. We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in Atlanta!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

I always stay at Homewood's, this one kind of let me down though. I didn't get the room I prepaid for, the front office suggested I check back the next morning to see if one was available. I didn't bother, who wants to reload luggage and move from one room to another. The room I had was alot smaller than what my family (me, hubby and two kids) needed.
I was dissappointed by the small variety in the breakfast buffet. The others I'd been to had a large variety of foods. I did eat a breakfast, so I won't complain.
Overall, not a bad stay, these were the issues that stuck out with me.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites without the fireplaces are very small. The kitchen and living area are just...
Dear Chelle R,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for choosing to be our guest during your recent visit to Atlanta! The Homewood Suites Atlanta-Cumberland/Galleria would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer each of our guests. I can understand how not being able to receive the room type you booked can be frustrating, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience for you and your family. Additionally, I apologize our breakfast was less than satisfactory as it is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations. If you have the time I would love to speak with you about your stay in hopes to reconcile and be given a second chance to exceed your expectations the next time you’re in Atlanta! You can reach me at 770.988.9449 ext 519. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor family!

Best Wishes,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Unlike other reviews I've read here, I enjoyed my room (Building E) and proximity to the main lobby. The room was clean and features like the full-size refrigerator, toaster, and microwave, makes a full week business stay feel like home if you are tired of eating out. The usual hotel breakfast is offered in the mornings with your stay but they also serve Dinner here. This was a nice perk (and don't assume it is going to be gourmet but was pretty good). Tornado sirens were going off with torrential rain coming down so our consultant team decided to stay in and enjoyed a dinner of chicken cordon bleu with green beans and rice along with the wine/beer offerings. Homewood Suites prints a menu of their dinner offerings from Monday through Friday and posts it on your refrigerator so you can decide if this is going to be a night in or out. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Building E was the most convenient building to the lobby
Dear Kandie I,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear you loved our accommodations during your business trip here to Atlanta. It’s great that you took full advantage of the amenities in your spacious suite and were able to make dinner at home instead of going out . We are also thrilled that you were able to enjoy our Welcome Home Reception dinner with your colleges. It’s always nice to be able to relax and unwind with friends in the evening. Thank you again for the amazing review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in the Cumberland/ Galleria area of Atlanta!

Hoover, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I truly enjoyed the clean and comfortable accomodations of the Homewood Suites. I am already planning my next trip and have booked again in this hotel! I LOVE IT!!!! I highly recommend it, worth every penny.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room with the fireplace it adds a good homey feel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear theKingskyd,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review! It brings me joy to hear that your accommodations were exemplary during your stay, as we strive to make every guest here feel like they are at their home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor family! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rebecca Hamby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!