Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #89 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great place to stay! Staff is very friendly an helpful. The complex is clean and quiet. The basketball court and laundry room are a bonus for a family traveling with children. The complimentary breakfast and Managers dinners have something for everyone, and the times they are offered are just perfect. The separate living room is also a bonus~ and the two TV's saved from having to compromise!! This complex reminded me of an apartment complex rather than a hotel. My niece kept saying that this was the best hotel she ever stayed at~ We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community! It was our pleasure to welcome you and your family into our home. I am so happy that our staff were both pleasant and helpful to accommodate all of your needs while staying here. It is our goal to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I am thrilled we were able to do that for you. It is wonderful news that you not only enjoyed your spacious suite but also our complimentary breakfast and dinner. Making our guests feel at home is very important to us which is why we have the extra amenities that you don’t always find at other hotels. We hope you all come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Reallly liked how the GM was energetic with her team during the morning stand up meeting. Everyone really seems to CARE at this property. The morning breakfast attendant always said good morning and inquired if there was something else she could get for us. The room was refreshed on a daily basis with all of the guest supplies and proper turn down service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear DouglasD471

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Making sure our guests feel welcomed and at home is very important to us because as you said, we really do care that our guests have a wonderful experience here. Odulia, our breakfast attendant, is an amazing member of our team and I am happy to hear she was able to accommodate you during your stay. I will pass on the compliment to her as we always love to let our employees know when they are recognized by guests for their outstanding performance. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we hope to see you soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I spent 5 nights here on business. Housekeeping didn't leave shampoo; I had to go to the front desk and ask for some and on Wednesday morning I had a cold shower; it started warm and quickly became cold. I went to the front desk to let them know and they grudgingly offered me some HHonors Points to "make up for it". On the last night they left a card in my room that said, and I quote, "If you are not EXTREMELY SATISFIED, please let us know prior to checking out...if we are unable to correct the issue to your satisfaction that night's stay is on us." Well I already let them know I was not satisfied so this guarantee is a load of baloney. The eggs at breakfast were inedible 2 out of the 5 mornings; how can you mess up eggs? The key card access on the exterior doors did not work very well but then the exterior doors didn't like to lock anyway. The room was very dim especially in the kitchen area and the TV would not show what channel you were watching. The last morning the toilet decided to overflow, which I thought was apt giving it didn't really want to flush anyway.

1  Thank ICClearly

Dear ICClearly,

I appreciate your honest feedback and I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland we always strive to maintain the best possible service and hospitality. In an effort to make up for your inconveniences, we offered you HHonors points. You should have received HHonors points that are equal to 1 night stay. If you were not awarded the equivalent please let me know and I can make sure you receive additional points. If you prefer to have a free night stay instead of the HHonors points, please let me know and I can take care of one night for you. I am glad that our maintenance staff was able to fix the issues with your water and again I apologize. Additionally, you should know that I have made my chief engineer aware of the issues with Building E doors as well as your room conditions. I assure you that the issues you had while staying with us are not typical here and I sincerely apologize. I hope the next time you are in the Atlanta area you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. For additional points and to speak about your recent stay more indepth, please call me at 770-988-9449 or email me at Rebecca.Hamby@hilton.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stopped at this Homewood Suites on the way to Florida. Reserved the 2 bedroom suite. Room was very nice as the bedrooms were sectioned off from the kitchen/living room area. Each bedroom had a full bathroom. The fireplace was nice. This is an older type Homewood Suites and the room lighting was dim, it needs to be updated. The furniture was worn, but it was not a problem. Beds were comfortable. Enjoyed the free breakfast. I always stay at the Homewood suite properties. Was not able to use the outside pool due to the colder weather.

Room Tip: I always choose the highest floor possible so I do not hear people walking above me. I try to stay...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear getty2go,

Thank you for stopping at our hotel during your travels to Florida! We love welcoming new guests to our property. I am very happy that your overall experience here was pleasant and that you enjoyed your spacious suite. I have shared your concerns in regards to the lighting in your suite and the conditions of the furnishings with our Chief Engineer in an effort to avoid the recurrence. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and I can assure you that the issues will be addressed immediately. I appreciate you sharing your wonderful feedback! We look forward to having you back the next time you come through Atlanta so you can go for a swim in the pool!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stay at this hotel each time I am in the Atlanta area whether for business or leisure. It gives me the comfort and convenience of home when I am away. The staff is very accomodating and they consistently go the extra mile to make you feel welcomed. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area: Copeland's, The Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, etc. There's a movie theatre and a mall nearby as well.

Dear Shannon V,

What a wonderful post! We are very grateful for your kind words. Our team here works very hard to ensure all of our guests are happy. We aim to provide sincere service, as your happiness is of our utmost importance. The next time you are here, you should check with our guest service associate’s at the front desk for some additional options for restaurants and activities in the area. There are lots of fantastic options! Thank you again for your review! We can’t wait to welcome you home soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed at Homewood in Atlanta for business. Excellent breakfast, they used real whole eggs and not powdered eggs like other hotels. Dinner consisted of salmon with salad and the quality was excellent. Undoubtedly the best hotel I ever stayed for business. Convenient to the Galleria Shopping Mall.

Dear Alan F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us during your business travels! I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland, we want all of our guests to feel at home. Part of maintaining our home like atmosphere is being able to provide our guest with home style meals. I am overjoyed that you thought both our breakfast and dinner were delicious. Thank you again for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We travel to Atlanta fairly regularly and have had very bad experiences at the Hampton Inn at Northlake. Even though this is closer to our destination than the Galleria area, we chose to drive farther to get more helpful, courteous service. Although it is 15 minutes further to drive, it is well worth the difference for the service. I can't think of anything that can destroy a trip more than an unpleasant atmosphere caused by poor service. Both the Galleria Hampton Inn and Galleria Homewood Suites provide great service, comfortable and clean rooms and an overall pleasant atmosphere.

2  Thank Grateful155019
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Grateful155019,

It was our pleasure to welcome you into our home while you were in Atlanta! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our Trip Advisor community. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave our property feeling extremely satisfied and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff and the service we provided you. Thank you again for the review. We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in Atlanta!

Rebecca Hamby

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!