“Slightly outdated, good for extended stays”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #89 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Princeton, New Jersey
“Slightly outdated, good for extended stays”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

If in Atlanta for leisure, you would want to in or near downtown as thats where all the attractions are and traffic can get really bad in ATL so you should be in the area for business to pick this hotel. Location is ok, several restaurants are closeby within 5-7 minutes walk, including Hooters and Tilted Kit ;). Galleria and another mall are very closeby too with plenty more options to eat. Shuttle for nearby business areas.
Hotel has a good overall feel on the outside, gives a ranch like feeling what with all the wood work in the lobby, impressive. All the cottages (read rooms) are also distinct unlike your usual Homewood. Pool is small but has a small basketball court and couple of grillers. gym overlooks the pool which is pleasant. Breakfast and evening dinner reception werent as good as what I have had at other Homewood's but still was better than most hotels.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the highest floor overlooking the pool as that will give u a pleasant view to get up t...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear thewanderer-nammo,

Thank you for your great review of not only our hotel but our city as well! Atlanta is a wonderful city with many attractions. Our Cumberland Galleria location is a great alternative to guests that do not want to stay in the heart of Atlanta as there is a little bit of everything here and we are only 15 minutes away from downtown. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel does have a unique feel that we have specifically designed to make our guests truly feel at home. Our goal is to make every guest feel at home, which is something we achieve by not only the décor but also the extra amenities we offer. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner, but sad that you found it not to be as good as other Homewood Suites locations. Our menu changes nightly as we have all different types of guests to accommodate. You will have to come back to stay with us and experience a different meal as I am sure you will find it as great as you found other Homewood Suites dinners! We hope to see you soon and thank you again for the review!

Rebecca Hamby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Yes, I said great food. I am a Hilton diamond member so stay at different Hilton's across the country every week. And I can tell you the staff was absolutely outstanding at this property and they actually offer great food at their complementary breakfast and managers reception. My wife and kids were on vacation and it was the best meals we had the entire trip (and they even offered a nice glass of wine at dinner--which my wife really enjoyed). Staff was wonderful--offered little gifts to my kids as we were leaving, were very responsive and very friendly. I had never stayed here before but location turned out to be perfect--just off of I-75 and tons of restaurants very close to the hotel. Rooms were just average but very clean and more space than you will get anywere else. Very happy.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
What a wonderful review from one of our loyal Hhonors travelers. First, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. Second, thank you for the wonderful review! I will be sure to pass your kind words about our staff along during our morning huddle! Ensuring our guests have a great stay while visiting with us is very important to all of our staff. I am happy to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. It's great that your family enjoyed their vacation here. Cumberland Galleria area is a great location for visiting Atlanta as we do have Cumberland Mall and several restaurants close by and, as you said, we are right off 75 which makes downtown just a few minutes away! Thank you again for the wonderful review and we can’t wait to welcome you back to our home the next time you’re in the Atlanta area.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great place to stay! Staff is very friendly an helpful. The complex is clean and quiet. The basketball court and laundry room are a bonus for a family traveling with children. The complimentary breakfast and Managers dinners have something for everyone, and the times they are offered are just perfect. The separate living room is also a bonus~ and the two TV's saved from having to compromise!! This complex reminded me of an apartment complex rather than a hotel. My niece kept saying that this was the best hotel she ever stayed at~ We will be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community! It was our pleasure to welcome you and your family into our home. I am so happy that our staff were both pleasant and helpful to accommodate all of your needs while staying here. It is our goal to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I am thrilled we were able to do that for you. It is wonderful news that you not only enjoyed your spacious suite but also our complimentary breakfast and dinner. Making our guests feel at home is very important to us which is why we have the extra amenities that you don’t always find at other hotels. We hope you all come back to visit us soon.

Warm Regards,
New Orleans
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Reallly liked how the GM was energetic with her team during the morning stand up meeting. Everyone really seems to CARE at this property. The morning breakfast attendant always said good morning and inquired if there was something else she could get for us. The room was refreshed on a daily basis with all of the guest supplies and proper turn down service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear DouglasD471

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Making sure our guests feel welcomed and at home is very important to us because as you said, we really do care that our guests have a wonderful experience here. Odulia, our breakfast attendant, is an amazing member of our team and I am happy to hear she was able to accommodate you during your stay. I will pass on the compliment to her as we always love to let our employees know when they are recognized by guests for their outstanding performance. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we hope to see you soon!

USA
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I spent 5 nights here on business. Housekeeping didn't leave shampoo; I had to go to the front desk and ask for some and on Wednesday morning I had a cold shower; it started warm and quickly became cold. I went to the front desk to let them know and they grudgingly offered me some HHonors Points to "make up for it". On the last night they left a card in my room that said, and I quote, "If you are not EXTREMELY SATISFIED, please let us know prior to checking out...if we are unable to correct the issue to your satisfaction that night's stay is on us." Well I already let them know I was not satisfied so this guarantee is a load of baloney. The eggs at breakfast were inedible 2 out of the 5 mornings; how can you mess up eggs? The key card access on the exterior doors did not work very well but then the exterior doors didn't like to lock anyway. The room was very dim especially in the kitchen area and the TV would not show what channel you were watching. The last morning the toilet decided to overflow, which I thought was apt giving it didn't really want to flush anyway.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ICClearly
Dear ICClearly,

I appreciate your honest feedback and I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland we always strive to maintain the best possible service and hospitality. In an effort to make up for your inconveniences, we offered you HHonors points. You should have received HHonors points that are equal to 1 night stay. If you were not awarded the equivalent please let me know and I can make sure you receive additional points. If you prefer to have a free night stay instead of the HHonors points, please let me know and I can take care of one night for you. I am glad that our maintenance staff was able to fix the issues with your water and again I apologize. Additionally, you should know that I have made my chief engineer aware of the issues with Building E doors as well as your room conditions. I assure you that the issues you had while staying with us are not typical here and I sincerely apologize. I hope the next time you are in the Atlanta area you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. For additional points and to speak about your recent stay more indepth, please call me at 770-988-9449 or email me at Rebecca.Hamby@hilton.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stopped at this Homewood Suites on the way to Florida. Reserved the 2 bedroom suite. Room was very nice as the bedrooms were sectioned off from the kitchen/living room area. Each bedroom had a full bathroom. The fireplace was nice. This is an older type Homewood Suites and the room lighting was dim, it needs to be updated. The furniture was worn, but it was not a problem. Beds were comfortable. Enjoyed the free breakfast. I always stay at the Homewood suite properties. Was not able to use the outside pool due to the colder weather.

Room Tip: I always choose the highest floor possible so I do not hear people walking above me. I try to stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear getty2go,

Thank you for stopping at our hotel during your travels to Florida! We love welcoming new guests to our property. I am very happy that your overall experience here was pleasant and that you enjoyed your spacious suite. I have shared your concerns in regards to the lighting in your suite and the conditions of the furnishings with our Chief Engineer in an effort to avoid the recurrence. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and I can assure you that the issues will be addressed immediately. I appreciate you sharing your wonderful feedback! We look forward to having you back the next time you come through Atlanta so you can go for a swim in the pool!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stay at this hotel each time I am in the Atlanta area whether for business or leisure. It gives me the comfort and convenience of home when I am away. The staff is very accomodating and they consistently go the extra mile to make you feel welcomed. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area: Copeland's, The Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, etc. There's a movie theatre and a mall nearby as well.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Shannon V,

What a wonderful post! We are very grateful for your kind words. Our team here works very hard to ensure all of our guests are happy. We aim to provide sincere service, as your happiness is of our utmost importance. The next time you are here, you should check with our guest service associate’s at the front desk for some additional options for restaurants and activities in the area. There are lots of fantastic options! Thank you again for your review! We can’t wait to welcome you home soon!

Rebecca Hamby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!