Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #92 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“5 star”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Traveled from maryland to Atlanta for my college graduation. This hotel was perfect. Very clean, easy to find, near alot of shopping centers (malls, restaurants), awesome breakfast, the rooms were big, just to name a few. I would highly recommend this hotel to any and every one.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie S, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Tay Hollywood,

It was our pleasure to welcome you into our home while you were in the Atlanta-Galleria area! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our Trip Advisor community. Our goal is for all guests to leave our property feeling extremely satisfied and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff, spacious suites, and the full, hot breakfast we provide daily. Waking up to a delicious meal is a great way to start your day and it saves money while traveling. Once again, thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay and I we look forward to welcoming you back in the future if your travels bring you to the Atlanta-Galleria area!

Warm Regards,
Stephanie Schade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Maysville, Georgia
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We were pleased overall with our last stay at this hotel. The room was what we expected but a little dark. We only had one window and one of the beds was right up against it. The side of the bed was literally touching the window. The window was a magnet for the kids. My husband slept up against the window but felt uncomfortable doing so.
The food was good when we ate there and that is a great perk of a Homewood Suites. The pool area and hot tub felt overused and just appeared very worn. The kids had a good time playing in the pool regardless.

Overall it was a good place to stay within a reasonable distance from the aquarium and other downtown attractions without being right in the middle of the city.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Babygrand159,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! It was a treat to have you with us and we are happy to see that you were pleased with your overall experience. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of each guest, so if there are ever any questions or concerns in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 770-988-9449 or stephanie.schade@hilton.com. We value all feedback, positive or negative, and once again, thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and we look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you back to the area. Please rest assured that I have informed the Chief Engineer about the issues you noticed in regard to the hot tub, and we are doing all we can to address this issue. I'm glad to hear our location was convenient to the attractions you and your family visited. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Atlanta!

Tennessee
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I'm not sure if I've ever given a rating of 1 at a hotel, but they earned it. I was here for business and would have checked out to switch hotels if my coworkers weren't here too. However, some of them weren't in the same building as me, so they didn't have the same issues. BEWARE of the 1st floor of Building E!!! (Tip: this shows up as Building A if you're using e-check in online)

Honestly, I have always had pets and they've been indoors. But I have NEVER encountered the horrible smells like the ones that existed in the hallway AND my room. When it first hit my nose, I thought it was a nasty pet or urine smell. Then after a while, I started to question if it was also mixing with mold/mildew. It honestly TOOK my breath away. No exaggeration. I tried to spray perfume, air freshener, and even Lysol....but nothing worked. After returning home, the clothes that I had in the room still had the nasty odor lingering on them. Yuck!

I had many other issues during my stay, but the smell trumped everything else. If you arrive after dark, it's hard to figure out where you're supposed to go to check in. They have a serious lack of lighting in their parking lots around the various buildings. I can understand people who commented about not feeling safe unless they were carrying a weapon. As a female traveling alone, I was NOT comfortable being outside after dark. Parking here is close to impossible if you're in Building E. There are 4 spots on one side of the building - 2 of which are handicapped. Parking spots on the other side fill up very quickly. So you could easily get stuck walking a LONG way from your car to your room. The complimentary hot breakfast was nothing like I've had at other Homewoods. There were only a couple of options of hot food to choose from (and not everyone wants salsa, peppers, and onions already mixed into their eggs). The complimentary manager's reception was a disappointment as well. My room had coarse black dog hair ALL over it. I actually had to clean the vanity and shower on my own, as well as wipe the floors. I still kept finding hair throughout my entire stay despite all of my cleaning.

After my stay, I received one of those random "take our survey" emails and I was candid in it. The Guest Service Manager responded and said the entire management staff is aware of the odor issues and are working diligently to resolve them as quickly as possible. However, I can see that people have been complaining about the odors on Trip Advisor for quite some time now. He didn't address any of my other comments.

I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor of Building E!
Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
TNHarleyChick,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We truly appreciate all guest feedback, positive and negative. Please rest assured I have made all members of management aware of the issues you encountered during your stay. I would like to apologize for the odor issues you experienced, as well as the dog hair you came across in the suite. These issues are not acceptable, and we are doing everything possible to ensure these issue never happen again. Also, we are looking into a solution for the lack of security you felt while walking in the parking lot. Please contact me directly, I would love to talk with you more about your stay.

Sales Coordinator
770-988-9449 ext 519
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were very impressed with friendliness of the staff, free breakfasts were outstanding to pleased all picky eaters in my family, room was clean, great price when booked with AARP discount and Hilton Honors card. Definitely will stay again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

193jennyd,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with our TripAdvisor community! It brings me joy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to leave an everlasting impression on all of our guests, so I am thrilled to hear that we were able to do that. Your kind words in regards to our staff and amenities are greatly appreciated. Having the delicious breakfast and dinner is always a great amenity to have when away from home. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again very soon during your next visit to the Galleria area!

Warm Regards,
Hephzibah, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was a great, clean, afforable, staff friendly hotel. I will definetly be returning when i'm in the area and referring to my family and friends. The location of this hotel is in the mist of everything you need from eating, shopping, gas stations etc.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tonya W.,

On behalf of the entire Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria Cumberland we would like to extend a huge THANK YOU for your amazing review in regard to your recent stay with us here at our Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria Cumberland!!! We strive very hard every day to make sure that we are exceeding our valued guest expectations and to hear such a fabulous review truly reassures us that our staff is going above and beyond to please our guests. I am overjoyed that your entire experience was a positive one. Our convenient location seemed to suit you perfectly when headed on your Atlanta adventures. Again, thank you for your positive feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back into our home if your world travels ever bring you back to our neck of the woods.

Wishing you all the best,
Limestone, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I love this place. It is secluded and quiet. The staff are great. My only complaint is that the rooms always smell musty. I think the A/C units need an overhaul. Still it is one of my favorite places to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Pick an upstairs room, otherwise you will hear the guest above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Room Tip: Pick an upstairs room, otherwise you will hear the guest above you.

Mr. Byrd,

It brings me great pleasure to hear you were so pleased with your recent stay here with us at Homewood Suites Atlanta Galleria. Our number one goal is for our guests to leave extremely satisfied, and I am so happy we could do that! Please know that I have contacted my Chief Engineer as well as the Housekeeping manager, in regard to the a/c and odor issues you experienced. I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff for taking the time to share your kind words with us, and also to inform us of the areas we need improvement! Please come back and see us the next time you are in the Atlanta area, we look forward to your return!

Smyrna, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I sit here in the Atlanta Airport with literally nowhere to go. I checked into your hotel on 7/29 due to a water leak in my townhouse. I am a USAA customer and they suggested I check into your Homewood Suites off Cobb Pkwy, Atlanta, GA. Upon arrival, the line was almost out the door. When I finally got to the front counter, the Representative was very helpful (Traceye). I told her I needed a few things 1). A handicap accessible room for 1 month 2). a working bathtub due to my disability 3). my Travel Agent Number with Extreme Travel Associated with the stay 4). My Hilton Honors number associated with the stay. The room I was assigned was not handicap accessible, so I asked if the room provided could have a working tub. The room had a tub that did NOT work until after 4 days of being there. The water kept draining out of the tub. Upon opening the building door to building E, the hallway had an awful smell. Also, both locks on the door looked as if they had been broken. The maintenance men came and fixed those issues rather quickly. Regarding the IATA Number for my travel Agency being associated with the account, Traceye suggested I speak with Stephanie (in Sales) to get this set up. Stephanie never called me, so I made my way to the front desk. Finally, on 8/5 she associated my IATA number to the account and told me my rate would be $129. That same day, I received a bill under my door showing the $159 rate an me checking on out 8/5 when I requested one months' reservation. Upon bringing this to the property Manager's (Karen) attention, she refused to honor the $129 for the entire duration of my stay, which started on 7/29. Lastly, on 8/7, my mother was assisting me with organizing my things in the room when she found a huge black mold spot in the bottom of the kitchen sink. I took a picture of the issue and called the front desk and asked that Karen and the Maintenance Engineer come to the room. The first to arrive was the Maintenance Engineer who was floored to see the mold. He immediately apologized and stated that the entire sink area would need to be ripped out. When Karen arrived, she stated that the Maintenance Engineer was not a "Mold Expert" and she would need to have the room tested to confirm. In the meantime, she only offered to find me a different property (not another room in your property) and refused to do anything about my bill except comp me for one nights stay. So, I remain homeless (real time). I was billed over $1500 for the stay from 7/29 - 9/7. With the issues, stress and anxiety I experienced, I really feel as thought Karen should have done a lot more. Her demeanor was that of someone who did not care that I was frustrated and stressed with the entire stay. And to make matters worse, I just had Achilles repair surgery on 6/17. This was the reason I needed a handicap accessible room. She did not offer any assistance with packing my things. I had to call friends to assist me with packing all of my things and moving them out of the room. She also did not offer me another room on her property. I felt like she was kicking me out when I am not the reason the mold existed under her sink, among all of the other issues that I experienced from 7/29-8/7.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Angela M
Angela M.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor Community. I'm very sorry that you feel you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff and management. Thank you once again for your comments and concerns.

Sales Coordinator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!