“Nice outside, noticable faults inside”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood
Ranked #129 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I chose this location because of it's location. The cheap price was a nice bonus, but is reflective of what to expect.
The smells that hit you inside are wild. The hallways smell and the room I was in was so bad that I walked to CVS for air fresheners that could hardly keep up. The carpeting just needs to be replaced.

My phone never worked, even though I told the front desk and also filled out a work order request. One of the phone ports was actually ripped from the wall and there wasn't even a handset for the phone when I arrived - I had to get one from the front desk.

I agree with others that the cooktops, microwaves and counters need a bit of help - since I wasn't planning on cooking I didn't care too much but shot equipment in an unkempt state speak ill of the manager's attempt at running a tight ship.

Probably the biggest grief I had was their weird billing scheme. I tried to get into the backdoor half-way through my 12 day stay only to find the key no longer worked - the hotel shut it off to force me to go to the desk to pay for more of the bill!
I told the guy there that when I secured the room with my credit card I presumed I was good for the duration (I am at every other hotel) and he said that's just the way they did it.

As an 'extended stay" location I'd rate it as rather poor. As a landing spot after a long party I'd rate it as ok; you'll be too drunk to notice the state of the room and whatever mess you make won't stand out.

The pillows were comfy though!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gamdata
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The rooms were nice and the TV was good sized. My non-smoking room did not smell like smoke and was clean. The shower drained very slowly, but I wasn't devastated by this. I saw mostly families at this location and no hookers. I would stay here again if I got another good deal.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Illeria
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Staff was terrific friendly and very helpful. I will come back for sure and will reccomend it to anyone. Location was excellent the area was very nice. Only suggestion I would make would be to make the sofa a bit more private in room.

• Stayed: March 2013
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Reviewed 25 February 2013

As I checked in the hotel at 10:30pm my husband and kids was standing by the elevator...I had to pay extra for an upgrade to double beds because they had us in 1 queen bed. As we went up to our room it smells like old steal cigarette smoke and alcohol. We get to our room and my husband tells me that when they were waiting on me that at the elevator that several women got on the elevator that looked like hookers and men walking down the hall looked drunk. I called orbitz to see if I could get a refund and leave to find somewhere else. Orbitz never answered my question and sent me to several different departments I held on for 45 min. During this time my husband walked over to CVS to get us drinks because the drink machine was broke. He asked the cashier about the hotel and he indicated that this hotel was used for prostitutes and drugs. We decided to stay only because the kids were asleep and it was midnight and we had been driving since 12:30pm. I felt if we just stayed in the room until the morning we could get out as soon as possible. The room was decent and couldn’t smell the smoke but the shower didn’t work great. The beds were hard as ROCKS and kept me up all night. During the night there were fire trucks and police at the front of the building, I wouldn’t dare go out of my room to find out what happened. I called orbitz and canceled the next night stay. When I checked out I asked for a refund on the cash I paid with for the upgrade. The lady didn’t see anywhere in her computer that I had paid cash for an upgrade. After waiting on her she decides to give me half back but still doesn’t believe I paid for an upgrade. Maybe they need to question the guy on night shift instead of me! As I loaded the car there was a used CONDOM on the ground in front of the front door. I will never go back there!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jaime k
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Reviewed 19 February 2013

My non smoking room, reeked of stale smoke ! Kitchenette and bathroom countertops dirty ( I cleaned w/Lysol) . Fridge door had no handle(broken off) fan and light above stove did not work,, and cabinet housing garbage was broken. Bed linens were clean, thank goodnes.
inquired other pet friendly hotels in area, and they were booked.. Will NEVER stay in this chain again! I was unable to physically check out of hotel at 5:15 am on 2/18/2013. No one at desk or anywhere near....but front doors were unlocked for easy entry/exit. DO NOT Stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Hookers have been setting up shop here since I checked in for training two months ago. They're about as subtle as a nuclear bomb going off in your bathroom. They have their drivers/pimps drop them off in full hooker regalia and make no attempt to disguise what they are doing. Guys coming and going at all hours of the night and no one in management seems to mind even though kids and families are roaming the halls. Just a heads up. If you want some action after a long than this might be your place.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 12yu
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is contacting the police. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

This place is so shabby, horrible. I believe they have not changed their linens, beds, carpets in a decade. I was booked here to stay for 2 weeks on a business trip, and I moved out in a week. You will get some good hotels in Windy Hill Road & Delk Road, which are vwey close from this location.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank VasuRaj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#113 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood? Share your experiences!