“Extended Stay America-Wildwood”

Ranked #138 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Marietta, Georgia
“Extended Stay America-Wildwood”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was kind of reluctant to book another two star from my recent past experience at another chain's two star status, but since I would only need two nights, I said I'd "suck it up." To my surprise, the room was not bad. I stayed in Room 118, and I could see my rental car from the window, and I was close to the pool and the exit.
When I arrived, Ms. Jones, the front desk person, greeted me with a smile and was very polite and accommodating. She even checked the room out for me before I entered. She said there would be no linen service, but that was OK because there were more than enough towels, hand-towels and washcloths for my use
Shortly after putting my bag down, a maintenance person came to the door. Apparently Ms. Jones noticed the knob to the shower was loose and had fallen down a bit, and she reported it to maintenance. The maintenance person was very polite and apologetic for the inconvenience of the shower. I told her don't worry about it. She said she would check on what she had did before she left for the day. Sure enough, she returned to see if what she had did had dried (she put caulk around the base of the handle to make sure it was secure). It had not dried and she said she would be back in the morning to check. She did come back the next morning and the shower was fixed. Again, she was very polite and apologetic for any inconvenience this may have caused me. The tub/shower shower surround looked like it was new and the sink and toilet was very clean.
The room had a very nice flat screen TV that swiveled so you could watch from the bed or the sofa, which was nice. I didn't need to use the kitchenette, but it seemed OK. The bed was OK, but the pillows were a little uncomfortable...no big deal though.
The only complaint I had was the people upstairs. I guess there were kids in the room because
periodically I would hear thumping noise, like someone was jumping up and down.
The breakfast was not that hot, but considering anything was given is a plus. They had apples, coffee, granola bars, muffins, cocoa, etc. It was a "grab and go" type deal. But you have to remember, it's a two star, not a four star.
Overall, it was not a bad experience.

Room Tip: Room 118 was near the exit, pool and parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that we were able to provide you with a clean and spacious room; however, I do apologize that the amenities in your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cno@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Myself and my 12yrs old stayed here for one week it was clean when I check I was very exceptical after reading the reviews brandon was very helpful I told him my concern so he give us a home close to the car park and best of all it was clean and had a good scent. The breakfast was not good but there was a very good bagel store just next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank happy2828
Reviewed 2 September 2013

-Our carpet was dirty
-Towels and wash clothes were dingy-the front desk stated that they couldn't give us more because they were expecting 60 arrivals/check-ins
-the bathtub was absolutely filthy
-our bed linens had holes in it

The only positive thing about the room was the nice tv.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our front desk clerk was not helpful with your needs. I am taking corrective actions to ensure that the issue towels and sheets does not happen in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at Acu@extendedstay.com or call me @770-933-8010, should you wish to discuss this further.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I chose this location because of it's location. The cheap price was a nice bonus, but is reflective of what to expect.
The smells that hit you inside are wild. The hallways smell and the room I was in was so bad that I walked to CVS for air fresheners that could hardly keep up. The carpeting just needs to be replaced.

My phone never worked, even though I told the front desk and also filled out a work order request. One of the phone ports was actually ripped from the wall and there wasn't even a handset for the phone when I arrived - I had to get one from the front desk.

I agree with others that the cooktops, microwaves and counters need a bit of help - since I wasn't planning on cooking I didn't care too much but shot equipment in an unkempt state speak ill of the manager's attempt at running a tight ship.

Probably the biggest grief I had was their weird billing scheme. I tried to get into the backdoor half-way through my 12 day stay only to find the key no longer worked - the hotel shut it off to force me to go to the desk to pay for more of the bill!
I told the guy there that when I secured the room with my credit card I presumed I was good for the duration (I am at every other hotel) and he said that's just the way they did it.

As an 'extended stay" location I'd rate it as rather poor. As a landing spot after a long party I'd rate it as ok; you'll be too drunk to notice the state of the room and whatever mess you make won't stand out.

The pillows were comfy though!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gamdata
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The rooms were nice and the TV was good sized. My non-smoking room did not smell like smoke and was clean. The shower drained very slowly, but I wasn't devastated by this. I saw mostly families at this location and no hookers. I would stay here again if I got another good deal.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Illeria
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Staff was terrific friendly and very helpful. I will come back for sure and will reccomend it to anyone. Location was excellent the area was very nice. Only suggestion I would make would be to make the sofa a bit more private in room.

• Stayed March 2013
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this review, 31 March 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 25 February 2013

As I checked in the hotel at 10:30pm my husband and kids was standing by the elevator...I had to pay extra for an upgrade to double beds because they had us in 1 queen bed. As we went up to our room it smells like old steal cigarette smoke and alcohol. We get to our room and my husband tells me that when they were waiting on me that at the elevator that several women got on the elevator that looked like hookers and men walking down the hall looked drunk. I called orbitz to see if I could get a refund and leave to find somewhere else. Orbitz never answered my question and sent me to several different departments I held on for 45 min. During this time my husband walked over to CVS to get us drinks because the drink machine was broke. He asked the cashier about the hotel and he indicated that this hotel was used for prostitutes and drugs. We decided to stay only because the kids were asleep and it was midnight and we had been driving since 12:30pm. I felt if we just stayed in the room until the morning we could get out as soon as possible. The room was decent and couldn’t smell the smoke but the shower didn’t work great. The beds were hard as ROCKS and kept me up all night. During the night there were fire trucks and police at the front of the building, I wouldn’t dare go out of my room to find out what happened. I called orbitz and canceled the next night stay. When I checked out I asked for a refund on the cash I paid with for the upgrade. The lady didn’t see anywhere in her computer that I had paid cash for an upgrade. After waiting on her she decides to give me half back but still doesn’t believe I paid for an upgrade. Maybe they need to question the guy on night shift instead of me! As I loaded the car there was a used CONDOM on the ground in front of the front door. I will never go back there!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jaime k
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood, responded to this review, 27 February 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood? Share your experiences!