“overrated” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Jesup, Georgia
“overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Rooms were nicely decorated but not clean. Bag of trash with beer cans in one room when we checked in, crumbs and sticky spot on carpet and hair on toilet in the other. We reported it to staff and no offer was made to offer another room and we never heard from them again. Was rated as 3 star but does not qualify.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear loiswhoelse,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments regarding housekeeping and the staff are very troubling. I'm so sorry these happened but it is not the norm. Rest assured these will certainly be looked into.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel did everything possible to accommodate a large family reunion. The rooms were all ready, the service was great. I have to mention how you held over breakfast we we could go to church as a family. You guys are awesome, I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I am an OCD traveler. I try to read as many reviews as I can before going anywhere. My family was going to Atlanta to do the City Pass activities. We wanted to stay somewhere decent, but not spend a lot. The best deal I found was this hotel. It was very clean. The bed linens and towels were nice and fresh. The sheets were actually changed daily....which did not occur in a very upscale hotel I stayed in during an Orlando trip. The rooms had microwaves, refrigerators and free wifi. They has a washer and dryer available in an area near the ice machine which can be nice if traveling with children. The bathroom was very clean, but I hated the shower curtains. They were hard to stay closed. There was also free parking. The room we were in was very quiet even though we were near the elevator. They gave us free full hot breakfast daily which was unexpected and they had a free cocktail hour in the afternoons (Monday thru Thurs). The staff was very friendly. The hotel was near many restaurants and shops. Many of the restaurants delivered to the hotel. The area of town seemed safe. The bad about the hotel was that it did need some updating. The walls in the room needed paint or just spot cleaned with a magic eraser. The headboards were cloth and looked nice, but I just felt they were a little germy and dirty. Keep in mind I am OCD about cleanliness. I think it is just time to paint, change out curtains, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Mobile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed for one night for $75 and had a good experience. The room was spacious, clean, tidy, and smelled great (the flat screen TV with HBO was awesome too). The air conditioned worked perfectly and made little noise. We got a complimentary breakfast from 6-10am, and if you are going to interviews at the USCIS immigration office this is a fantastic place to stay because it is a mere block away. This is really convenient if your appointment is at 7am. Also, there are numerous restaurants and gas stations within a mile from the hotel. I recommend this hotel if you have to be in the area. And if you bring kids, it has a nice pool on the side!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank sburgosc
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed on business one night. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately this property is really run down. Everywhere you look there is rust, rot and a lot of damaged, scuffed and scraped walls, base boards, light fixtures, furniture, pool area, etc. I would not stay at this property again unless a major re-hab was done. Find a newer property. Even an HI Express that is newer would be a better choice. Good hotels have good people and a good facility. This property has the good people, but the facility does not make the cut.

Room Tip: My tip for a good room is to choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear dave c,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found our staff to be nice. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. You'll be happy to know that we have recently undergone renovations to update our overall look and feel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Upon check in at 2pm i found the coffee machine where the water is poured in, was filled with mucus looking slime. I took downstairs and was offered a curt apology and was told a new machine was to be brought up to my room. My family and I left and arrived back at 11:30 pm. No coffe machine and when I turned down the sheets they were dirty with blood spots. I called the front desk and their only remedy was to blame the previous guests and to tell us to come downstairs and get fresh linens.

Room Tip: Check your sheets before you lay in them
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Public Acknowledgement only

Dear shanpa,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I want to assure you we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. Please accept my sincerest apology if we fell below your expectations on this day.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
IHGcare
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I was there in October 2011 with granddaughter and stayed a couple of days. Room was fresh(important), clean bathroom and breakfast was postively Wonderful!!! Would stay again and recommend-only thing when I called for reservation was told hotel accept checks. If I did not have money on my debit card, I would have been up a creek.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ome J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#110 of 172 in Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!