“Horrible!!!”

Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #127 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was dirty, customer service was rude, no remote control, and so much more. I can go on and on about this hotel, but I rather not. Don't waste your money. My family had to check out and get a hotel downtown.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tearica S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Tearica S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered which did not live up to your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, we have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 28 February 2014

What a wonderful hotel. It is a five star in the Holiday inn chain. I stay at many holiday inns and this place is top notch. lovely large elegant room, exquisite details on maintenance. Everything woks well, great hot water, nice granite, lots of pillows, huge flat tv, nice speed internet, well these are the things I like and this place has them all.
oh yes and a big bug a boo for me is they have lots of plugs - even bedside - and they are for my use (not the hotel as in some other HI Properties). These plugs make life in the electronic age so much easier. Thank YOU

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We love this Hotel my husband and I stay time to time Great Staff and General Manager always around and helpful little thing can impact hotel service like Steve Wells do.

Rooms always clean and what great view outside all those flowers keep up the great job

Thanks
Quan Tran

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QuanTran2089
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I've stayed in worse Holiday Inns before, this was on OK hotel, OK for the value, could get good sleep. This is a hotel that does not provide anything special, but there is nothing wrong with it either. If one has some business to do in the are, wants a value hotel, does not spend much time in it, then it is a fair choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear TRozsa,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I travelled from Florida to Georgia for 3 days having previously spent time in an excellent Travel Inn at Florida. I booked into the Northlake Inn at Atlanta, GA expecting the same service as Florida, unfortunately I was very disappointed, these are a few of the areas why I wouldn't recommend or stop at this hotel ever again. "DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL"

1. At check-in I usually am offered a bottle of water and snack as a club member, this was not offered at all, and there was no water in the room.
2. Only 1 ice machine on all five floors was working.
3. The drinks machine on level 5, should hold 8 drinks to chose from, only 1 working which was diet coke, not everyone wants diet drinks
4. Carpet in my room was stained and dirty. had to wear socks all the time as the floor was so sticky/dirty,
5. Desk has black stains all under it like its growing mould.
6. The socket on the bedside table does not work, which I was not aware off till I went to use my lap-top which had not charged up.
7. The furniture was old, torn and worn, with black mould in one of the set of draws, so unable to put clothes away tidy.
8. Advertising a microwave in the room sounds great; unfortunately it looks like it has never been clean for many months, white all over the door and inside, not sure if it has magnets growing? couldn't use it, and don't wish to touch it inside, this is a serious health and safety food hygiene issue, needs reporting to Health & Safety, I couldn't heat food in this hotel, had to go to the shopping mall round corner to eat all meals.
9. Don't expect to get any food at this hotel, as there was not one person in the restaurant at 8pm, yet I waited 1 hour for Burger & Chips, they advertised around 6 deserts on the menu for room service, "yet not 1 desert was available, very poor service but a " good way to lose weight staying at this hotel.
10. Advertises Beer & wine for Government rates, never received any drinks, not even water in the rooms husband is ex-forces, very poor service.
11. Only 1 holiday brochure to look at tourist information in the entrance lobby, very poor
12. Carpet is stained terrible in the hall entrance of level 5, & smells as if someone has been sick, the smell is horrendous and needs addressing, smell never goes away it was there for all 3 days while at this hotel.
13. The toilet basin is broken/cracked in room 515 so doesn't fit at the back of the toilet, the toilet door at the back has stains all over it; not been cleaned for many months, this hotel has a serious cleaning issues. No dirty plastic cups removed from when the cleaners have been in to clean the rooms,
14. Safety deposit did not work, had to carry passports around and valuables
Do not stop at this hotel if you're not prepared to slum it, I was charged a reduced Government rate of $99:00 a night, it's not worth $50:00 a night.

Despite the poor hotel, i loved Atlanta, visiting the Zoo is a must for adults and children to see the 6 month baby Panda "twins" is a must, they are beautiful, i will be back to visit Atlanta, just not at t

Room Tip: This hotel had dirty carpets, fridge, & microwave, smells appalling, lift keeps you awake all n...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Julie c,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

So many things, I’m not sure where to begin. Getting on the elevator from the lobby to the fourth floor was an experience. The elevator interior was all banged up and the doors had major scratches on them, not to mention the noise and shakiness of the ride made me wonder if I’d sooner see the first floor again before I got to the fourth. The hallway on the fourth floor is in need of repair and updating with damaged wall coverings, stained carpets, damaged room number signs and damaged door handles. My room (401) was not much better. The desk in the room had food between the glass top and the wood desk top (not clean). The large, flat screen TV had the worst picture I’d seen on a TV since the antenna age. The alarm clock had not been changed from daylight savings time and there was no way I could find to change it. There was a double duplex electrical cut-out in the wall, but only one receptacle and no cover plate (exposed electrical wires). One light was burned out and did not work. Both sides of the bathroom door had panel and paint damage. Some of the furniture had laminate peeling off the pressboard in some places. The showerhead and bathtub drain were both dirty. The water pressure in the shower was barely enough to rinse under. There were also stains on the bathroom walls. Lastly, when I first got into bed, I thought the bed was very comfortable. But when I woke up, I had several red spots on both legs that were itching very badly. I’m not claiming bed bugs, it could have been a reaction to the detergent used to wash the sheets, but I stay in a lot of hotels and have never had this before nor did I have an issue with the towels.
The last time I was in this area, I stayed at the Hampton Inn right around the corner and I will stay there next time. The Hampton Inn was far superior and I say that as a proud Holiday Inn Platinum member. I do not recommend this hotel based on my experience, especially when I know of a better option nearby. Maybe I got a bad room, but based on the condition of things outside of my room, I doubt that is the case.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank KenS9
atlnl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thanks again for your feedback. I apologize that your stay with us this time was disappointing. I have shared the comments with our owner and our staff. We our committed to giving excellent customer service as well as making sure the quality of our hotel is up to a high standard. We are aware of the furnishing in a few of our rooms that have had more wear and tear then others since our renovation in 2008 and we are diligently working to get cushions as well as other furnishings replaced. If you decide to give us another try the next time you are visiting our area. Please give me a call. Again thanks for being a loyal priority member and taking the time out to give us the feedback on your stay with us

Sincerely
Kennlyn Forbes
770-934-6000 ext 122
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and i stayed for several days while our grand baby had open heart surgery . The staff became family. They ask about our baby everyday and even prayed for him. They were very sincere personable people right down to the kitchen workers. We loved the hotel also. It was extremely clean and comfortable. We will stay there again

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Champion1977
Thanks again for your feedback. The staff all enjoyed getting to know you and your grand baby is in our prayers. We strive to ensure we give excellent customer service and always enjoy reading the feedback from our guests. Please come back and visit the next time you are in the Atlanta area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#107 of 173 in Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!