“A Sigh Of Relief”

Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th
Ranked #100 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 August 2008

I went to Atlanta for the weekend with my dad the first weekend of August. We were there for a church convention, and there was also a hair show that weekend. I used Priceline to make the reservation, and they gave the hotel a 2.5 star rating. I thought that was a little low for a Residence Inn, but it was fine for my father and I. We just wanted somewhere safe and clean to lay our heads while we were there.

The reservation was in my name, but my father arrived at the hotel first; the staff was pleasant to him while he waited for me in the lobby area. Our room had a queen-sized bed with a sofa bed. The decor was great, and we weren't expecting the flat screen in the room. While we didn't use it, the room had a stove, refrigerator, and a microwave.

I gave my dad the queen-sized bed, but I laid on it when he wasn't in the room & it felt wonderful! There were so many choices at breakfast that we often wouldn't eat again until later on in the day.

The reservation was made at the last minute, but I would definitely stay there again! Also, I with the extremely low rate I received with Priceline and the satisfaction of the hotel, I definitely had a steal; the only negative I recall was having to pay $19 per day per car for valet parking (the only parking they have).

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2008

I had asked for an early check in. Initially just for the bags. However, in the previous 48 hours we had had a 7 1/2 hour flight from the UK and an 18 hour overnight train journey. So we were very tired and very happy when the receptionist said that the room was ready and we could check in.

The room was excelent. More of a small studio flat than a hotel room. There was a small kitchen with breakfast bar, seating area with huge flat screen tv (showing Euro 2008 football which my husband watched) bed area and bathroom. All was very clean and looked fairly new. There was a gym which we didn't use and a laundrette which we did. The staff were very friendly. Must be that southern hospitality.

We had intended to see something of Atlanta but stayed in the room to catch up on some sleep. So we need to return to see Atlanta and this gives us a good excuse to return to this wonderful hotel. There are a couple of bars within a few yards which provided sustinence.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2008

This hotel is located in a SAFE location for individuals who like to travel via the Marta. We spent four nights at this Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / 17th Street locationfor the ATL Jazz Festival. The Art Center - N5 (Woodruff Arts Center) Marta stop is within a 1 block walking distance. The Woodruff Arts Center is located on the corner. Check-in was a pleasure with Ms. Monica at the front desk. The room I was given was LARGE for a studio, clean and the equipment (Stove, Micowave, Dishwasher, and fridge) worked. I arrived early and my luggage was kept in a secure location while I went to Atlantic Station (Publix, Target, Movies, DSW, Guess, lots to other shops and restaurants) via the free shuttle bus located next to the Marta for groceries and lunch. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays the hotel has meet and greet social hours from 6 to 8pm -- Excellent food and drinks (beer and wine) provided. The daily AM buffett breakfast of eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, yogurt and fruit is a great money saver. The 110 "The Peach Bus" stops on the corner and goes to the Lenox Square Mall or the Underground/CNN and offers excellent sight seeing opportunity for the kids. The hotel staff was truely WONDERFUL with how to get to the sites via the Marta. The Gym and Laundry room are avaialble 24 hours a day. If you do decide to drive, park the rental car in on the the lots on the block that only charges $5.00 per day.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMoniNYC
Reviewed 9 March 2008

We have stayed at the Residence Inn in Midtown several times while visiting friends in Atlanta. The property is convenient to many downtown night spots, the rooms are very clean, the staff is excellent.

The ONLY downside is parking. . . valet parking is required and it is $19 per day.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EPayne
Reviewed 10 January 2008

I have to really agree totally with the review below. This is a great concept - felt like having my own little studio apartment in the city. I liked the location - really liked the feel of the midtown area (museums, etc). Be warned a lot of the neighboring shops and eating places are closed on weekends (at least the weekend in December I was there) but a notable exception is the restaurant next door that supplies the hotel with room service - good food and service and you can smoke there.
The staff was very friendly to me and to my child - this is a very 'kid-friendly' place - seems there were quite a few there on the weekend I was there. Special thanks to them for the great directions (was even provided a custom map once).
Yes, the parking fee of $19 a day is mandatory, but you'll pay that most places in mid- or downtown and I found the valet service to be prompt, courteous and safe. I wouldn't call the breakfast gourmet by any means but it was hot and varied. Got a great rate on priceline, no problem with that at all from the hotel. I ended up being very happy I didn't stay is some sterile highrise in downtown. (However the Marta station is more than a block - more like 3- but not bad.)

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank bagspact
Reviewed 4 January 2008

One word, extraordinary! My friends and I stayed here for the New Years and this was beyond perfect! The rooms were immaculate, and they really do mean FULL kitchen (complete with dishwasher, utensils, stove top, microwave, FULL fridge). One block from the Arts Center MARTA station, Starbucks was literally next door. The best part of it, the staff. The staff was what made this hotel amazing...southern hospitality to its fullest. They treated us as if we were friends staying at their house. They made sure our stay was comfortable...to whatever means necessary. We were just dumbfounded by them...everytime we walked in, "hey, how y'all doing?" Everytime we walked out, "y'all have fun! And call us if you need a cab back, we wanna make sure y'all get back safely..." And when they write about the free breakfast, they mean it. Do-it-yourself waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausages, hashbrowns...the full works. I didn't even know that this type of establishment still existed...if you want amazing people that love their job and take care of their occupants...a room that is truly "home away from home" and a location that is perfect...this is the place to be!

Shout outs to Justine, Natasha, Chris and the rest of the Residence Inn crew...thanks again for making our stay in ATL a memorable one...

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I paid $104 (last minute deal from Marriott esavers) and it was worth every penny. The rooms are spacious studios complete with kitchenette. The decor of the room was pretty nice too.
I tend to stay at 4 and 5 star hotels when I travel but decided to stay here due to the location of where I needed to be, and I'm glad I did. There was also a really great hot buffet breakfast complete with make your own waffles, eggs, potatoes, croissants, muffins, etc.
For $104....you can't beat it. I'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo