“Great Renovations”

Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th
Ranked #93 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our family had a wonderful, and all too short stay at the Residence Inn Midtown. We have stayed here several times, and the renovations have made this a much better hotel. Visibly the hallways, rooms, and lobby are very attractive. Comfort is very good. The mattresses on the beds are a bit too soft. Breakfast was good. The location of the hotel has always been a plus. While you may have to do a bit of walking to restaurants, the High Museum, the Botanical Gardens, and Piedmont Park are very close.

Room Tip: Get one facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I typically stay to the Marriott brand because of their rewards program. My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn Midtown this past weekend using a reward night. I haven't really stayed at Residence Inns much prior to the last couple of years. My earliest experiences with RI's were of stinky, loud, and unkept properties, however the past several ones I have stayed in has countered those previous stays.

This property is located in a good location that is convenient to some of mid-town Atlanta's shopping and art. We only stayed one night but found it easy to drive over to Atlantic Station for a little shopping.

The check-in experience was a little disappointing as the desk clerks were a little more interested in the NBA playoff game than guests. It didn't slow down the process just made it a little disconnected. Being a Gold Elite member with Marriott, I'm used to my simple requests of a high floor room (this property only has 7 floors) and extra towels. For the first time I can remember I was assigned a first floor room. That was disappointing in light of my request for a 7th floor room. In fact, I haven't been given a free upgrade in several stays across the Marriott brand.

The room was OK. It was clean, but devoid of the decorations that other RI properties have had. It felt sterile. The bed was very stiff.

The breakfast buffet was good except the staff decided not put out some items at 9:45 when breakfast closed at 10:00 despite the breakfast room and buffet line being full of people.

Overall, we appreciated the cleanliness and quite rooms, but the details could have been improved to make it a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband, college aged son and I visited Atlanta for three days to attend a wedding and stayed at this hotel. We found our room to be a good size for three adults with a nice sitting area and kitchenette.

My favorite part about staying here was the place where they served breakfast. Truly, it had the nicest ambiance of any breakfast room I've ever been to in a hotel. It has various kinds of seating: counters and tables and decorative light fixtures. Three large walls of windows allow light to pour in, a welcome morning sight. The hot food, such as potatoes and sausage gravy, was tasty and I loved the display of five clear juice pitchers that sat on the counter looking so appetizing. Oh, and the coffee was delicious! They ran out of some of the hot food a few times but it was quickly replenished. I just loved having breakfast here; it made starting the day something special.

This hotel was close to the airport and the various sites we took in while we were there, such as CNN, the Coca Cola Museum and the Jimmy Carter Library/Museum. It was a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for a music festival last week, the rooms were very clean, the staff was nice. The only downside is you have to pay $28 a night for valet parking or park way down the block. The hotel was very close to lots of nightlife spots and Atlantic station.

We got a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite for a very good rate. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jentronica
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here on business, the rooms were newly renovated and very clean. I was on the 7th floor with the high ceilings which gave the room a loft feel. My room was VERY quiet, I didn't hear a another guest for three days. The breakfasts were good and the front desk staff very nice and helpful.

The location of the hotel seemed pretty decent as well. We were able to walk to FANTASTIC restaurants and other things we needed. Nice, clean hotel, they met my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor (7) and it was very quiet. The elevators were fast so being up high wasn...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Techsan93
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Looks like remodeling is finished and feels like new hotel. Location is great, staff is amazing. The room gives you comfy feeling. Really enjoyed southern hospitality...
Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night only. Overall impression is very good. Room was not huge, but adequate, looked modern with fully equipped kitchenette, queen size bed and pullout sofa. Great location, just 10 min straight walk to the best Atlanta Midtown has to offer, 5 min walk to the Art Center MARTA station. We didn't have a car, however I noticed that parking charge was $28 per night. Very good breakfast selection and decent exercise room. From now on, this is my new favorite place for overnight stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ilovenonrev
Travellers also viewed these Atlanta hotels
Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown
Regency Suites
Regency Suites
#79 of 172 in Atlanta
Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#17 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th

Address: 1365 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309-3123 (Formerly Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / 17th Street)
Region: United States > Georgia > Atlanta > Midtown
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#71 Business Hotel in Atlanta
Price Range: £120 - £434 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / 17th Street Hotel Atlanta