“Cancelled my reservation and lied to me about it”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Athens, Georgia
“Cancelled my reservation and lied to me about it”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Showed up tonight at this hotel with a reservation and learned that they'd cancelled it because my card was declined. The front desk was unapologetic, said they'd attempted to contact me via phone and e-mail. I had no record of a call or an e-mail to the current numbers on my Hilton Hhonors profile.

To be fair, my card was blocked due to a security alert. I learned of the block earlier in the day and cleared it. So, I understand that they had reason to question the reservation. Still, I believe the hotel staff blatantly lied to me about attempts to contact me. The phone number they said they'd called to contact me was not mine. I told the staff I had no record of attempts to contact. No response.

To be fair, Hilton Hhonors customer service gave me extra points to compensate and promised to check into the problem. For that reason I gave the review a 2 instead of a 1.

For those booking here in the future, caveat emptor.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jack B
Mike E, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your genuine feedback and have shared with our management team. We were unsuccessful in contacting you when your credit card was declined and we have made every attempt to make it right. When travel brings you back to the Atlanta/Marietta area, please give us the opportunity to welcome you again to the DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta/Marietta hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Napoleonville, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

this is an extremely outstanding hotel with truly a professional staff at all levels. the hotel was clean, refreshing and comfortable. I was made to feel at home throughout my stay. I look forward to my next visit this Double Tree Hotel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Indoor and outdoor pools. Hot tub inside but could not get jets to come on. Room and other amenities first rate and great value for the money offered on Priceline. Very convenient to Marietta/Cobb Co. area and I-75. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. Wanted to stay longer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Memphis, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I are moving to Atlanta for better business and networking opportunities. So we decided to spend the New Year holiday there to find a place to stay and make network contacts. We wanted somewhere nice to stay but outside of Downtown Atlanta. I have always had a pleasant stay at Double Tree Hotels and this time was no different. Every question that we asked the front desk attendant was handled professionally and attentively( we asked a lot of questions). The room was immaculate and spacious. It is near numerous restaurants, shopping areas and right off the interstate. They handled the two issues we had very quickly. I recommend the Double Tree in Marietta Ga to anyone planning to stay in or around Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank Michael And Lin... W
Covington, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I frequently lodge at this Double Tree and I have never been disappointed. Typically, the rate meets my Company's travel expense guidelines, so it's one on the best values I have found for business travel. When traveling for business, I prefer a hotel with a restaurant, and the selection and quality of the food at the restaurant is consistently good.

1 Thank John M N
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I normally stay at Hyatt Suites but they were booked for this last minute business trip so I opted for staying at the DoubleTree because of past experience, proximity and shuttle service to my office. I was not disappointed. It was clean, quite an the staff was extremely nice. My regular hotel will need to step up their game! Especially in the shuttle service department. DT's service was far more superior. Little wait and NONE of the excuses I usually have to contend with.

Macon, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Just a few minor nits that wouldn't stop me from coming back. My room did smell as if someone had smoked in it, so that is something I would check on right away. Other than that, an overall great place.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta? Share your experiences!