“Good Pizza and good service”

Max's Coal Oven Pizzeria
Ranked #23 of 3,959 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 2009, Max’s Coal Oven Pizzeria has offered authentic, New York style pizza, classic salads, pastas, Italian sandwiches, signature coal oven wings and freshly made desserts. One of our restaurant's signature features is that we have the only genuine coal-burning oven in Georgia, enabling us to serve perfectly crisp pizzas, and create a unique taste and texture that has been a hallmark of New York City pizzerias for more than a century.Here at Max's, we’re all about the pizza. We’ve created the perfect dough which we top with our secret recipe red sauce, mozzarella, classic meats and fresh vegetables. From sausage and pepperoni to peppers and onions, Max’s offers options to meet everyone's palette.Whether you’re ready to watch the big game with friends, celebrating a birthday or picnicking in Centennial Olympic Park on a summer afternoon, Max’s is the perfect place to eat-in or pickup simple and delicious Italian classics.
Cape May Beach
“Good Pizza and good service”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The pizza is good here. The servers are all very friendly. I would be happy to go back with friends.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
NC
“I ate here twice in two days.....Yup, its that good!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed at the Embassy Suites which was like less than two blocks away. I was told by the valet to make sure I gave this pizza joint a try, and it was the second best piece of information I have ever been given. The pizza here is the bomb, and the salads and garlic knots are just as good. I could ramble on and on about the taste and how great it was, but you really need to try it. Highly, highly recommend.

Visited February 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Yum! Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon Max's while traveling through ATL at the end of our two week vacation. First time in 30 yrs Lee B & I agreed on a whole pizza. And it was yummy! Thin crust baked in a brick oven. Fresh ingredients. Indoor & outdoor seating. Next up is dessert; can't wait!

• Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife and I ate here 2 yrs ago when we was in Atlanta at our company convention. This time we took some associates. Same great pizza and service. When our company Primerica has its convention again in 2 yrs we will go again and take more people.

• Visited June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Fantastic Pizza”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Was within walking distance of our hotel in the Centennial Park area. The pizza was delicious. Very fast service and was a good value for the price.

Visited June 2013