“A Big Dissappointment”

Ranked #27 of 3,945 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 2009, Max’s Coal Oven Pizzeria has offered authentic, New York style pizza, classic salads, pastas, Italian sandwiches, signature coal oven wings and freshly made desserts. One of our restaurant's signature features is that we have the only genuine coal-burning oven in Georgia, enabling us to serve perfectly crisp pizzas, and create a unique taste and texture that has been a hallmark of New York City pizzerias for more than a century.Here at Max's, we’re all about the pizza. We’ve created the perfect dough which we top with our secret recipe red sauce, mozzarella, classic meats and fresh vegetables. From sausage and pepperoni to peppers and onions, Max’s offers options to meet everyone's palette.Whether you’re ready to watch the big game with friends, celebrating a birthday or picnicking in Centennial Olympic Park on a summer afternoon, Max’s is the perfect place to eat-in or pickup simple and delicious Italian classics.
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“A Big Dissappointment”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place does not lack Customer Service they have NONE.!! Waited 10-12 minutes after being seated for a waiter to even come over. When he finally got there he was Rude, brought drinks with no straws, no napkins, walked off before taking everyones order at the table and to top it off was "DIGUSTED" when my daughter found a "FLY" in her water, asked for manager and he appeared not to care,never apologized, never offered a discount, a coupon, nothing. He just went got another glass of water and sat it down. I saw this on Atlanta Eats...But This was not the BEST Pizza in town by any means!! Don't GO, unless you like taking Risk.

Ms. A/ Stone Mountain,GA

• Korean first
Cartersville
“Good pizza near Centennial Park with outside seating option and parking validation”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed eating outside last night at Max 's. The pizza was good. The service was a little slow but they were busy. I'm not a huge pizza fan but I read a link on the Hilton's website that they were a kid friendly restaurant who provided kids dough to play with while they wait on their meals. This is the only reason I chose this restaurant out of all the many options during our mini vacation to Atlanta. I have a very active three year old and I thought she would enjoy that. However when I asked the waiter for the dough he said they were busy and didn't want to run out of dough so he couldn't give her any. Bummer!

Douglasville, Georgia
“Excellent pizza and Greek salad”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very casual place with excellent pizza and salad. The Greek salad had heirloom tomatoes and all of the ingredients on the pizzas we ordered were very fresh and tasty.

Visited June 2014
Louisville, Ky.
“Great tasting non traditional pizza”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

While they have traditional pizza try something else. We had the Arugula and Prosciutto and it was absolutely the greatest! Pricier than many pizza chains but I have to say it is also better. Great atmosphere too. And just across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn.

Visited June 2014
Adelaide
“Terrific Pizzas and cold beer!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stopped off here for a late dinner while visiting Atlanta. My friend and I shared two pizzas and a jug of beer and everything was terrific. restaurant lacked a litre atmosphere, but that was my only criticism. Staff great and prices reasonable. Worth a stop.