“Not a fun end to my trip”

Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #77 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Austin
“Not a fun end to my trip”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently stayed at Sheraton Gateway in Atlanta, due to flight problems and ending up stuck overnight. Free hotel shuttle was welcome, after a long day of travel. When I arrived at the hotel, there was a basket full of toothbrushes and little packs of toothpaste. I thought this was a great feature, since they were obviously expecting dozens of stranded travelers who were likely without their bags and hygiene items. There was also a beautiful dispenser full of ice water and lemon slices... and no cups in sight, which was not very helpful.

Getting settled in my room, I noticed the HVAC wasn't on. I turned on the fan and A/C and was dismayed to notice big chunks of black dust come floating out of the vent. Not appealing. I noticed many things in the room were encrusted with dust, such as the alarm clock. It looked like the room had not been cleaned in months. I went to the vending room for ice; the ice machine had a sign saying "ice machine cleaning in process; please use the other ice machine at the opposite end of the hall." So, I went to the other machine, which had an identical sign. I went to the front desk to ask where I could get ice. They directed me to the little snack cafe. The snack cafe told me they don't even have ice, and told me to try the bar. The bartender was overwhelmed and rude and very brusque. She set the ice bucket directly in the ice bin and scooped the ice into the bucket. I sure hope the ice bucket was clean on the outside, because those people drinking at the bar were about to get that same ice scooped into their next drink that the ice bucket had been sitting on. Not sanitary.

Thin walls made for a loud night.

So happy I didn't pay to stay here. I don't suggest people come here, unless they are stranded at ATL airport. The lobby is beautiful, and the rest of the experience is sorely lacking.

1 Thank AprilDvonne
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear AprilDvonne,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience with us.

Rest assured knowing that your feedback is very important to us and we will do all that is necessary to regain your confidence.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and do hope you will give us another chance.

Director of Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was a guest here for one night courtesy of Delta after a missed connection, arrived at the hotel close to 11PM with other travelers via the shuttle from Hartsfield. The front desk staff was wonderful, very friendly and had an easy check in because of my SPG membership they were able to link my info. I stayed on the 11th floor in a very comfortable room. Wanted to get something from room service but there was not a menu in the room, they quickly brought one up, I ordered and the food was brought up without delay and at the right temp, cool stuff cool and hot stuff hot. The room service staff was very very nice, I wish I knew their names. I would recommend this hotel. Sleep quality was great, no noise and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Holang;

Wow! We are extremely gratified by your kind words.

Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport we aim at providing service beyond your expectations and we are honored to have secured our objectives.

We do look forward to your next visit.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My flight was overbooked so I took the airline's offer which included a night at the Sheraton. While guest services, the shuttle driver who picked us up at the airport. housekeeping and the tech department members I encountered were all customer-friendly, I received exceptional service from the Front Desk Manager, Gladys Velez. She was friendly and went out of her way to accommodate me. She made me feel like a valued customer and is a great representative for Sheraton.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevators tend to have more traffic and therefore are noisier.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Robert AA,

We truly appreciated the time you took to share your encounter with Gladys.

She is one of our key players and we are thrilled by the kind gesture you have afforded her.

Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport, we strive for your optimal satisfaction. We are honored, our objectives were secured.

We are delighted as we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dedo F Dixon
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Great hotel. Close to airport with free shuttle service. Smooth check-in with friendly staff. Spacious, clean, modern decor rooms. My room had 2 queen size comfortable beds. Lobby has several computers with internet. Lobby also has a snack bar. Nice size pool. Fitness room. Thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear MzLoveTheIslands,

We are without a doubt elated by your kind words.

Our team is delighted and truly appreciates your honest feedback.

We are humbled as we sincerely anticipate your next visit.

Dedo F Dixon
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Very comfortable room, clean, tidy and well up to US 4-star(ish) standards. Restaurant was good and breakfast excellent. Business section very extensive and useful for meetings up to 40/50 people (in classroom) in some rooms. Staff generally on the ball. Useful location since you can get to it via the monorail train from the airport, just a few minutes away.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Kopel,

We are honored yet humbled by your ever so kind feedback.

Our team is elated and forever grateful.

We do look forward to your next visit.

Director of Front office
Quito
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The highlight of this hotel is the very friendly staff. Other than that, it's an airport hotel, convenient for an overnight stay. The room was very spacious. The pool was under renovation but they offered to take us one mile to a sister hotel's pool. The restaurant was surprisingly good, with healthy options like the veg and humus sandwich, yet overpriced at $13.50. Very disappointed that there was no free wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby which was uncomfortably cold. Also disappointed that we had to pay $12 for parking. But overall, it met our needs for a one-night stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LisaAnn61;

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are delighted by the kind words you have afforded our team.

Rest confident, knowing that I have shared your feedback with the relevant departments as we do look forward to our next encounter.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I had an overnight layover in Atlanta. I got to the hotel at 1am and was gone before 7am, so I didn't experience much other than the room. But the room was great! It was clean and more than enough for one night. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the bedding. It was perhaps the best hotel bedding I can remember. Love that the duvet was heavy (down perhaps?) and cozy, and the pillows were wonderful. Though perhaps it all felt so good because I had been travelling for 14 hours at this point and it was 1am... either way, a pleasant experience! Free airport shuttle was also great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear JessicaMichael100110;

Wow! We are elated by your extraordinary feedback.

Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport, we strive for your overall satisfaction.

We are honored and do look forward to your next trip.

Director of Front Office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!