“Almost five star rating”

Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis
“Almost five star rating”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We took a family trip to Atlanta the week after 4th of July. I got deal on hotel through Hotwire, a really good deal. The only negative about trip was that towels were not stocked upon check-in. We called front desk and had towels in moments. Other than that the hotel was near perfect. The customer service was awesome. The front desk was really nice and helpful. LaShonja Hardaway, Jenece, and Opel(bellman) were all super nice. I really enjoyed all front desk personnel. The beds slept great, and maybe to good. We often got our day started later than normal cause we slept so good. I thought I had great mattress, until sleeping here. The rooms, pool, lobby were clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear MemphisPumkinhead,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are truly elated by the wonderful feedback you have afforded LaSonja, Opel and Jenece. They are without a doubt all key team players and we are delighted to have them on board.

Our beds are agreeably amazing! They are called the Sheraton Sweet sleeper bed and they are Sheraton's signature beds. The beds were designed to eliminate pressure points caused from tossing and turning, with pillow top mattress and plush duvets. They can also be purchased online.

A communication was sent to our Director of Housekeeping advising of the ample amount of towels that were not readily available upon check in.

We are forever grateful for your feedback and do look forward to your next visit.

Director of Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Man I tell you, customer services very bad. I ask for extra sheets and told me to use the one I have! Pool closes at 8:00 Pm. And this hotel do not provide internet in your room, but sheraton in Puerto RIco does. Very bad customer services.

1 Thank Rick R
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Rick R,

Rest assured knowing that your feedback is valuable to us.

We are truly disappointed to learn that the pool actually closed at 8pm while you were staying here; our pool normally closes at 10pm and there are signs posted to indicate such. We will without a doubt conduct a research to understand why it closed at 8pm during your stay.

We also offer complimentary internet in the lobby area of our hotel to you our distinguished guest.

We have communicated your housekeeping concern with our director of housekeeping and we will do all that is necessary to regain your confidence.

We are truly sorry for the experience you've encounter and truly hope you will grant us another visit.

Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We got a decent rate through Priceline for this room so I can't complain too much but it was a little outdated and had the old hotel smell to it. Does NOT have free Wi-Fi and our room didn't have a mini fridge or microwave which was a little disappointing for the price of the room. The hotel does have a nice indoor pool that leads outside. Our experience was not a terrible one but I feel like I can get better for the money. I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lance F
Dear Lance F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are truly disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations. Here at the
Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta, your optimal satisfaction is one of our main priorities. We are truly disheartened, we’ve missed the mark.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance.

Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Highly recommend! Ample self-parking option and clean, well-stocked room/bathroom. In-unit AC was whisper-quiet and the room is super sound-proof. Loved the fitness center's free weights, benches, yoga mats, and other modern equipment. The restaurant and shops were all great - good quality coffee, breakfast buffet, and dinner.

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preferred member and you'll get placed on a preferred floor. We were on 10 and...
Green Features: Great green option - hang the doortag to decline daily room checks and get a $5 voucher for the hotel shops.
2 Thank GermantownJane
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear GermantownJane;

A perfect score! WOW!

We are truly elated by your feedback. Words cannot express how deeply gratified we are by your kind words.

We are truly humbled as we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Housekeeping on the 6th floor was horrible. Worst I've seen since I have been staying in any hotel. My family and I had 6 rooms on the 6th floor and 4 out of the 6 were not cleaned. When I came back around 5pm and saw that my room was not done I called to see what happened. They checked and said it showed that I turned it down that morning. I told her that I did not turn it down I just told the lady to come back a little later (it was 8 in the morning). She asked if I wanted the room cleaned or just needed some towels. I said I wanted it cleaned and when I returned this time there was a pile of towels left on the sink and that's it. I called once again and said I still wanted my room cleaned. They sent someone this time who did a half done job. My parent's room is one of the rooms that was cleaned and my mother complained that her bathroom was not cleaned good. Since housekeeping also neglected to do 3 other rooms that my family had there is no telling how many other rooms were neglected on this floor. My family said that they never called the front desk about their room, they just let it go.

Room Tip: 6th floor is called the quiet floor but if I had to have the housekeeping that was on that floor I...
1 Thank T W
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear T W,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are truly saddened by your cleanliness concerns.

Rest assured knowing that I have elevated your feedback to our Director of housekeeping and we will do all that is necessary to regain your confidence.

Please know that your feedback is truly valuable as we sincerely hope you will give us another chance.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Delta sent us here because of delays with flights. The room is ok, but the internet costs $10 in your room. It's free in the lobby. They didn't have a fan when I requested it either. I am not impressed with this hotel at all.

Room Tip: get ready to pay extra
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dissappointed175,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

Your feedback is of substantial value to us and we will treat the areas of concern you brought to our attention with the strictest of urgency

We are a bit disappointed that your request for a fan was not honored. We are not sure where there was a disconnect, but we will with a doubt do all that is necessary to avert any future reoccurrence.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and do hope you will give us another chance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Sidney Wood is one of the best, most professional, courteous and helpful front desk clerks I have ever met. Any question or request we had was handled immediately. He has a promising career in hotel management. Kudos to Sheraton for having him on staff!

Room Tip: Club level has fantastic views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KAustinJJ
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear KAustinJJ,

Wow! We enjoyed your feedback!

Sidney is without a doubt one of our key player and our guests usually ask for him by name.

He is a treasured part of the team and we are honored to have him on board.

We delightfully welcome your next visit.

Director of Front Office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!