“Great Hotel, would recommend to anyone”

Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #78 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Midland, Georgia
“Great Hotel, would recommend to anyone”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This was a wonderful hotel, especially for the price. I got a better deal when I called than what I found online. The room was immaculate and beautifully decorated. It was actually very roomy too which surprised me.

The only problems I had were I wasn't told about the manditory $8 parking for overnight guests. I didn't factor that into the price of the room, probably my fault and not the hotels since I didn't ask. The other issue was my credit card was overcharged and when I asked about it I was told I was overcharged for "incidentals" but since I didn't use any my card would be credited in a few days. That was a little shady to me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
We appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding our hotel and your recommendation for other guests to stay at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our roomy, immaculate and nicely decorated guestrooms which we always take pride in. In regards to the parking fee, we charge for parking as do our competitors in our area. We do hope that your credit card issues have been resolved; if not, please contact our Accounting Dept. as soon as possible and they will be more than happy to assist you. We appreciate your compliments as well as your patronage and hope that you will come stay with us again! Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My family and I (kids ages 9&11) stayed here last weekend. Very large hotel with ample parking. Rooms are spacious and bathroom is very clean, includes a second sink just outside the main bathroom, which was very helpful. Wonderful pool area: the kids got a kick out of swimming back and forth between the indoor and outdoor poos-which are connected by a "tunnel". We were the only ones at the pool despite the hotel being pretty bust with what appeared to be several conferences. Wonderful lobby area and good location if you are driving. Right down the street from Joe's on Sullivan: an excellent place to eat for some authentic food! Overall an excellent place to stay while visiting the Atl--only con: we had to call down for security to handle some loud neighbors. They did so within minutes and we enjoyed an excellent night's sleep!

• Stayed August 2010
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2010
We are very appreciative of your wonderful comments regarding our large hotel, ample parking facilities, spacious guestrooms and clean bathrooms. Our guests & their family do appreciate the extra vanity/sink located outside the main bathroom which comes into good use. Our guests and their children also thoroughly enjoy our "swim through" inside/outside pool which can provide families with fun-filled hours. We are also happy to hear that our Security quieted your loud neighbors which we always try to accommodate all of our guests so they can get an excellent night's rest! Thanks again for your wonderful comments and hope that you will choose us again when your travels bring you back to Atlanta.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I was recientally a guest at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport and was woken up at 4:30am by bed bug bites. I had big welts all over my body and even seen a bed bug on the sheet of the bed. I cupped the bug on the bed and took a video. When the attendant came to the room they offered me a coupon for free breakfest. The next morning I showed the supervisor my video and bites. I went to the clinic where they prescribed me atibiotics for my infection and the hotel offered to pay for my luggage and medical expenses and dry cleaning. I am now mentally scarred from this stay. I travel for a living and along with my job come stay in alot of hotels. Now at night time I lay in bed itching just thinking about what happened to me while I was a guest at the Sheraton Gateway Atlanta Airport Hotel. I have had trouble sleeping every night since this happened.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
11 Thank nicolelee202
We thank you again for your alerting us in regards to your experience. As we stated in our letter to you, the resurgence of bed bugs in the U.S. is a widely recognized problem which has affected not only the hotel industry, but hospitals, college dormitories and private multiple dwellings as well. It is suspected that this problem is a direct result of increased international travellers since bed bugs are easily transported in suitcases, purses and clothing, etc.
We do have an agressive pest control policy in place which includes regularly scheduled professional inspections to prevent infestation from occurring. We have also trained our housekeeping & maintenance personnel to assist in early recognition of an infestation. These standard procedures require that the room be quarantined until a thorough inspection by professionals be conducted. This policy has been fully executed in this case.

We have already contacted you in regards to this issue and have given you all the information needed to assist and compensate you.

We thank you again for your patronage. It is our expressed commitment to make every guest experience an enjoyable one and we are sorry that this occurred to you.
Maryland
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I recently stayed for 6 nights and regretted every minute of it. The lobby area is really nice, pretty, clean looking, etc. Once you go around the corner and hit the elevator, it's a whole other world. It's not filthy by any means, but it's definitely not as clean as one would think for the cost, as well as for them claiming to have recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation.

One would expect clean, unstained, and non-funky smelling carpet in a hotel that was just recently renovated. This hotel shows every bit of its age. The sad part is that I was on a floor reserved for Starwood Preferred Guests. I'd have to see/smell the floor for everyone else. The light switches, fixtures, etc. are all showing their age. Looks like the renovation was only done in the lobby. The bathrooms are extremely tiny, so tiny that you had to slide over to the side of the toilet just to close the door. I felt disgusted every time I got out of the shower because I had to slide across and touch the toilet just to open the door to get out. I found that to be disgusting, but only because I find toilets to be disgusting and they're the last thing I want to touch when I step out clean from a hot shower.

The blankets and sheets were stained, although small stains, but stains nonetheless. Needless to say the carpet inside the room was stained as well, and had a funky smell, as did the carpet in the elevator. It was a really awful, musty smell. A couple of days I could tell they put down some carpet fresh, but it didn't do any good. It was bad.

As for the food, save your money. My daughter loved the wings, but she's a teen and doesn't know any better. They were extremely large, as if they were on steroids, and I thought they were disgusting. I didn't even eat them. I hated the tacked on gratuity and delivery charge, but I understand that's to be expected with room service, so whatever. I don't understand the $8 parking per day, but it's better than the $50 per day that I have to pay when I go to NYC.

Overall I was totally underwhelmed and not impressed with this hotel. I know for a fact that I would never stay here again, unless my only other option is to sleep in my car or on the street. It's just not worth it to me. I could have gotten the same tiny little bathroom and bare minimum housekeeping (who by the way didn't even leave clean towels one day) at another much cheaper and economical hotel.

I feel cheated but it's done and over with. Lesson learned.

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Paquita79
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2010
We thank you very much for your feedback and sincerely apologize for all the issues you encountered. Please feel assured that we take all of our guest's comments very seriously, and I have passed them on to our Operations Team for their immediate follow-up and corrective action steps to improve our service issues and product.

We also want you to know that what you experienced is not the norm for the Sheraton Gateway Hotel and hope that you give us another opportunity to prove to you otherwise.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2010

OK hotel if you need a place to sleep while at the airport. The staff is professional & friendly, the beds are clean, comfortable, and the bathrooms/rooms remodeled. The hotel shuttle was prompt and driver was very helpful. I found the club lounge pretty basic.

You can tell this hotel gets a lot of traffic with the worn and tired decor, broken elevator light, and mildewy hallway smell. My room has a smokey smell, and the door door has a large gap underneath with a nice view of the hallway (no need for a nightlight). If you use Starwoods frequently for business, I would try the Westin instead. The Sheraton hotel was at near capacity during my stay, and I was happy to have a room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us! I’m so happy to read that our staff was professional & friendly and that you enjoyed our very comfortable beds, clean guestrooms and beautiful remodeled bathrooms. I will certainly pass on your compliments regarding our shuttle drivers to them!
We are a non-smoking hotel and advertise as such. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to prevent all guests from smoking in our guestrooms. However, as a preventative measure, we do charge a $200 fine to guests, who do not abide by our non-smoking policy. Please note we do take all of our guest’s feedback very seriously to make the necessary improvements; and will definitely work on more solutions to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a smoke-free environment!
We thank you again for your comments, and hope you will visit us soon.
UK
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My family has stayed at this hotel a couple of times having stayed at others in the area and been disappointed. The reception is very spacious, elegant and clean. We were tired when we arrived but the reception staff made us feel welcome. We were immediately directed to two perfect rooms. Nice and clean with everything you would need for an aiport stop-over. Although the hotel was busy with reunuions and group functions we found the rooms quiet and we all slept well. Even better we were able to use our Delta Sky Miles towards the cost of the rooms so paid very little. We did have a look at the pool and area. It looked fine but it is small and I imagine it can get very busy. There's a bar and a restaurant but we didn't eat there as the menu wasn't up to much but fine if you were really hungry. We opted for Ruby Tuesdays a few minutes walk away. There's not much in the area apart from more hotels. They do have a courtesy car and the driver did stop us on the driveway on the evening of our stay the to ask us if we needed a lift to anywhere but we were happy to stretch our legs and just have a little walk around. It's a good hotel for an airport stop and we would definitely use it again.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank so much for your comments regarding on how very spacious, elegant and clean our lobby area is. Our staff is definitely welcoming and provides warm, comforting connections to our guests consistently.
We are so happy to hear that you were able to get the much needed rest you needed in our very comfortable and quiet rooms.
We do offer complimentary shuttle service to our guests who do not have a car, upon request, to and from the Camp Creek Marketplace. The Marketplace which is located just a couple of miles from the hotel has a plethora of restaurants and shopping for our guests to enjoy. For your future visit, we also offer complimentary shuttle service to the MARTA train station located at the airport which can take you almost everywhere in Atlanta.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and look forward to your return visit…

General Manger
UK
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We were stranded here because of the Volcanic Ash Cloud, ended up spending 6 days in the hotel. It was fantastic, very clean, amazingly helpful staff and great shuttle bus which was good for us to get to the airport frequently to sort out our flights back to the UK - never had to wait more that 15 minutes.

Lovely pool, free computers in the lobby and printer, great rooms, very large. Beds were soooo comfortable. Their sound prrofing is out of this world, our room looked out onto the end of Atlanta airport runway which was in use 24/7 and we NEVER heard a thing !!

Cannot praise the staff enough, everyone at the front desk understood our position and did everything they could to help us. Full of praise for this great hotel and it's amazing staff.

• Stayed April 2010
Dear Valued Guest:
Thanks very much for your wonderful praises regarding our amazing helpful staff, and all the wonderful amenities we offered to you during your six-day visit with us!
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool, free Wi-Fi and Printer in our Lobby Sheraton Link Café.
Our guestrooms are quiet and our Beds are indeed extremely comfortable and alluring!
We hope that your flight home was a safe one, and that you will choose to stay with us again when your future trips include Atlanta.
Kerry Ringham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!