“Stunning!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

What a gem! My girlfriend and I celebrated her birthday here and we could not have asked for a better stay! The breakfast was 5-star and the room was very comfortable. Paul and Lori were amazing to say the least! I can't believe Atlanta has a B&B like this right in downtown. Close to restaurants, shopping, beautiful neighborhood...I just can't say enough about how amazing this place was. We WILL be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite and it was unbelievable! Worth the extra money for sure! Huge room, ex...
3 Thank JakeB007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Fabulous room!! Great place with charm and history!! Really like home with great breakfast!! After big day really great room with amazing bathroom!!! We will be back sure!! Near peach-tree park!! We were like in home!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Renata D
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were expecting a cool new experience staying here, something different from a traditional hotel stay. We got so much more than we expected!

The house, gardens, and rooms are absolutely beautiful. The breakfasts were delicious. The snacks were always tempting. And the people were a delight (we miss you Lori, Paul, and Ms. Jackie!).

I'm forcing myself not to go into too many details about how warm, inviting, and downright impressive this establishment is, otherwise I'd never be quiet.

If you're interested in staying somewhere that feels more like home, somewhere you can treat as part of your trip instead of just the place you happened to sleep, then this place is definitely for you. Give it a try - you'll be joining the chorus of praises for this place in no time.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful. The second floor suites have some of the best views.
3 Thank Reina Q
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight at Stonehurst Place and could not have had a better experience. The home itself is incredibly beautiful and had so many nice amenities - wine cabinets, treats, books, movies and more. Location is very close to several restaurants and bars, and while we arrived in too late to enjoy the night life, I could see myself coming back and exploring the neighborhood a bit more. We stayed in the Eaves Suite which overlooked Piedmont Avenue and while the shape of the room was a bit odd since the walls are angled by the roof (my poor husband hit his head on the ceiling once), the room itself was gorgeous and very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful - fresh fruit parfait, banana bread, eggs benedict and cheesy grits and the hospitality we received was great. Overall, excellent location, beautiful property and best-in-class hospitality. Would definitely recommend to others!

3 Thank Nancy K
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a wonderful time we had at Stonehurst. Stonehurst Place, though right in the heart of Atlanta, the B&B itself felt secluded and quiet. Enjoyed a little time on the back screened porch as well. Our room was A-MAZ-ING!!! We had the pleasure of staying in the "Master Suite". Beautiful room. A bathroom to die for. Wish that tub would've fit into my suitcase. NOT that I would've stolen it. I promise. :) And the view from the bed! We had a lovely picture window over the bed and though we could see part of downtown Atlanta, again, there was a sense of seclusion from the gorgeous Oak in the front yard. Lori's Breakfast was awesome and both she and Paul were incredibly Hospitable. Does it sound like we loved it. Well Yes we did! Thanks for making our 29th anniversary so special. We'd go back for sure. Emilie and Dave Cruse Brown

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank emilie2738
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This place is amazing! I stayed there for two nights and had a wonderfully relaxing experience. I booked the Master Suite and was completely comfortable. Breakfast on my first morning with them was fantastic-berry parfait with zucchini bread, fresh veggy frittatta (veggies from their garden), bacon, and warm roasted peaches. I had to leave very early in the morning to catch my flight on the second morning, and they were AWESOME and packed me a little "to-go" bag with food that I could eat in the car on the way to the airport. The only thing that I would have to say that is slightly negative is that the combination of my room being in the front of the house, plus Friday and Saturday night in a very vibrant neighborhood plus being a light sleeper equaled me waking up during the night to late night bar goers on their way home. THANK YOU for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kathryn S
StonehurstPlaceInn, Owner at Stonehurst Place, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Kathryn,

I'm so glad you had a relaxing stay with us at Stonehurst Place! Uuugh, though, I hate to read your sleep was disturbed by neighborhood bar patrons. I have been investigating storm windows for that room and think they will improve the sound quality (or lack there of!).

If your travels take you to Atlanta again, I hope you will stay with us once more and if you choose the Master Suite, I promise to have this resolved.

Thank you for sharing your constructive criticism, we've taken it to heart!

Warm regards,

Barb Shadomy, Owner
Stonehurst Place
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My spouse and I love to stay at B&Bs when we travel, so we have been to quite a few. After just spending 3 nights there this past weekend, we can easily say Stonehurst Place is one of the very best. When there, you have to work hard to remember that you are in a big city. It is a lovely old house that is well kept up. A large front porch greets you upon arrival. There is also a nice screened-in back porch overlooking the back yard. We especially enjoyed hanging out in the music room (named so because of the piano which takes center stage). In the music room there is always free wine, soda, and snacks available. This was especially helpful when we returned later in the evening. Breakfast (which was delicious and generous in size) was served in a beautiful dining room. The owner has filled the house with museum quality art and lots of books. On a funny note, there were several pop-up books that we enjoyed looking through.

As great as the B&B itself is, it was the service that put it over the top for us. The innkeepers were extremely helpful - calling cabs, restaurant recommendations, serving breakfast when we wanted it, etc. One morning, we had to leave so early that we decided that staying for breakfast was not going to work for us. We were pleasantly surprised when on our way out we were handed a bag filled with homemade zucchini bread, bananas, and granola bars to take with us. We felt as if we were doing them a favor by letting them do things for us. That is what I call service. They could teach other establishments a few things.

Lastly, they are seriously committed to sustainability. They use solar panels to heat the water, gray (or is it grey?) water in the toilets, and they just passed testing and got governmental approval to use specially filtered rain water to supply all of their water needs. I was told that it is going "online" sometime this week.

If we ever end up in Atlanta again, we know where we are staying!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple