“Simply awesome!”

Ranked #1 of 20 Atlanta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Simply awesome!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the master suite to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Our stay was awesome and this was the best room we have ever stayed in. Every detail of this place was intentionally handled. Heated towel rack, shower that hits you with water from the front, back and top, cool fireplace, killer views of the city, homemade brownies and cookies available all the time, etc. And not only are the facilities and food excellent, but the staff was wonderful. This place gets a 10 on a 10 scale.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Richard M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 31 January 2014

As a resident of Acworth, GA, I wanted to help celebrate my husband's 30th birthday closer to the city. Upon days of online research, I came across Stonehurst Place located right in the heart of Midtown. The rooms looked amazing and the guest reviews were wonderful! As someone who enjoys visiting new places, I decided to spend our weekend here and I'm so glad that I did!

Upon arriving to Stonehurst Place, finding a parking space wasn't too much of a problem. They do have on site parking, which is a plus. We were greeted by one of the inkeepers, and she was so sweet and helpful! There was a nice, warm feel upon walking in, which could have been due to the great fireplace in the piano room, which served as a nice touch on a cold, winter night.

We stayed in the Hinman Suite, and the pictures do not do this room justice. The room was spectacular! Very clean and tidy, and the vintage pieces and fireplace gave the room a very warm and cozy feel. There was enough closet space for both of our things, and although the fireplace was a little small, the room stayed warm the entire evening. The bathroom was amazing. My husband and I got a kick out of the heated towel racks, which was a very nice touch after an evening or morning shower. The large poster bed & pillows were very comfortable!

The B&B is in a very nice location, just blocks away from a local park and near several restaurant options. My husband and I literally traveled 5 minutes to a nearby restaurant for dinner.

Breakfast the next morning in the dining area was nothing short of delicious! Both inkeepers were there to both cook & serve the food, and the baked apple was to die for! Everything was cooked to perfection!

Although our time there was short, we will definitely visit again. Next time, I would love to try the Gables suite, but everything about Stonehurst Place and our stay was great!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank _sophisticashion
New York, NY
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at Stonehurst Place for work. The experience of staying at this cozy, immaculate B&B was such a treat compared to the standard hotel room. I was also lucky enough to stay at The Hinman Suite which is perfect, The hosts were wonderful, the place amazing and the breakfast world class. I can't wait to have to go to Atlanta again!!

Room Tip: I don't think you'd go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank sanrib
Macon, GA
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I went to Atlanta for her birthday and wanted to stay in Atlanta overnight. Hotel parking in downtown is out of line to me, so I looked for a bed and breakfast to stay in. What a find, for only a few more dollars when you add the room and parking we stayed here, glad we did. We were early for check in but they had our room ready but they showed us around the whole house first, great place. There is a sitting room upstairs with coffee, tea, books to read, DVD movies. There was also a great sitting room downstairs with fireplaces where you can curl up with a book if you like.
Our room had a 4 corner post king size bed which was heaven, fireplace in room, desk to work on, WiFi and any other thing that you would want. The bathroom was something on it's on. Walk in shower with rain shower if you wanted, place to sit in the shower, and also whir tub if you wanted to sit for a while.
Breakfast was Super!!! A lot better than the hotel free breakfast and we didn't feel like we had to rush to eat and go.
The only down side was we only booked for 1 night and not more, but when we want or need to stay in Atlanta a day or two we will go back to Stonehurst.

Room Tip: They told us that they book early for some events in Atlanta so call early.
Green Features: They use rain water and filter it and they keep as much as they can environmentally-friendly.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank HenryA_Macon_GA
Denver, CO
Reviewed 11 January 2014

During a very crowded week in Atlanta, a few of us on business travel gave Stonehurst Place a try, with all the midtown hotels completely booked. It was a surprisingly convenient, clean, accommodating place to stay for downtown needs. Breakfast was very healthy and well made. Service outstanding. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Broomfield1
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

In December, I stayed several days at Stonehurst Place. It is a lovely BB with very hospitable hosts. The regular hosts were on vacation when we stayed but their replacements were superb. One thing I would emphasize is that there are a lot of stairs to climb. Travelers who have difficulty with stair will have a problem here. My cab driver dropped me off on the sidewalk at the foot of about 25 stairs. Luckily he took pity on me and carried my suitcase up to the driveway. I still had to carry it up stairs to the front door. If you stay on the second floor, there is no elevators just stairs. Many people who stay in BBs will be aware of this but it could be a problem for others.
There were cakes and other snacks available, wine at night , and a Kuerig coffee machine. As others staetd, the rooms are lovely, the staff very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Proviso
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We recently stayed at Stonehurst Place for a one night layover in Atlanta on our way to our honeymoon in St. Lucia. Wow, wow, wow! We stayed in the Master Suite and it was beautiful. Wonderfully designed, and large. Amazing view of Atlanta skyscrapers. Which was a cool surprise as we assumed a place like this would be in a more suburban surrounding.

We arrived late as we had a flight delay and we were welcomed by two lovely inn keepers (even though it was 10 at night). They quickly hustled us to our room as we were trying to find a place to grab a late dinner. At their suggestion we enjoyed Campanellos near by and it was delicious. The inn keepers were beyond kind. They showed us how to use Marta to get to the airport in the morning for our early flight. We had to leave before they put their breakfast out, so they were kind enough to make us "goodie bags" of zucchini and pumpkin breads and fresh coffee to go.

Our only complaint is we wish we could have stayed longer! The Master Suite shower is amazing (it's like a room to itself) and the heated floors are a nice touch. It was a wonderful place to relax after a long day of travel.

Room Tip: Master Suite is amazing but the whole place looked great
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple