“Heaven in midtown Atlanta!”
Review of Stonehurst Place

Stonehurst Place
Ranked #1 of 22 Atlanta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 24 January 2010

I am a very frequent business traveler and happen to thoroughly revel in a great hospitality experience when I have one! Stonehurst Place is an example of impeccable restoration paired with modern convenience and luxury. I was absolutely blown away by the beauty and comfort of the design and furnishings of the common spaces as well as my guest room - not to mention the delicious linens on my bed! The innkeepers are very attentive and exuded the kind of warmth that made me feel like I was visiting an old family friend! Breakfast is not the typical homemade blueberry muffin and coffee that you get at most Inns. It is a 2 course event - for example: fresh fruit salad and mini cinnamon buns followed by eggs benedict!
Finally, the location is terrific. There are many great restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance - and a book store. And, listen up Atlanta business travelers - free wireless and parking! How can you beat that!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank BizTravBeth

Reviewed 17 January 2010

This was by far the best B and B I have ever stayed in. It is 5 stars all the way. The house is exquisite and beautifully decorated, the bedroom was stunning, understated and elegant and I do not have words to describe the bathroom... it took my breath away.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Captain000
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Although we didn't have nearly enough time to enjoy the property, the accommodations and breakfast were great. The snow on the ground coupled with the fireplace in our room made a great combo... We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 14tidewater
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I have wanted to stay at a bread and breakfast for years, but most are old and stuffy with big stuffy furniture and all the warmth of a english castle, and I love modern and avant garde, i especially love the bogart era and its furnishings. We had two rooms, both on the first floor. This was a breath of pure fresh air. The decor is fabulous, no detail was spared, down the creative way that Barb did the fabulous chandelier in the dining room adding beautiful clear globes that take it into the modern era. The breakfasts were divine and the tea so delicious that I brought 5 different kinds from Portsmouth Tea when I got back home and I enjoy each sip when I get home from work, thank you very much Trenell. I could go on and on, clearly I am hooked. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else when I come to Atlanta, why brother, when I know that the personable and wonderful inkeeper, Ternell Smith, will take excellent care of me and my family. She is a true asset to this inn, anyone else could make it into a stuffy and high brow setting. She brings just the right amount of warmth and polish to provide you with the elegance and class that you will experience when you stay here. Lets not forget her outstanding customer service. Trenell also provides fresh snacks and beverage all day and night for you delight, the homemade sweets, cheese, and nuts were delicioussssss! I hope you will love it as much as i did the three days that I was there. Need I say it again, I cannot say enough wonderful things.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank SPotomac
Reviewed 4 December 2009

This beautifully restored 1896 home is indeed a wonderful experience to visit. The rooms awaiting you are large and comfortable with many special amenities. You are greeted with southern friendleness, will enjoy an excellent stay and be served a delightful breakfast in a beautiful dinning room.
My husband and I have stayed in many bed and breakfast, we can truly say Stonehurst Place is one of the best and we highly recommend it to everyone. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank Worldtravlersx2
Reviewed 3 December 2009

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at Stonehurst in the Hinman Suite the night of our wedding which took place right around the corner. Although the hotel that or friends and family were staying at offered us their Presidental Suite complimentary for the evening it paled in comparison to the luxury of the Stonehurst suites.

Trenell was on vacation the weekend of our stay, but we had the wonderful opportunity to meet Rosie who use to run a large B&B in Florida.

I dropped off our stuff that morning and upon our arrival which was fairly late Rosie had the fire going, snacks out, and everything was put away in their proper places.

Both mornings were true gourmet breakfasts. The second morning was highlighted by stuffed French toast using croissants before our dash to the airport to start the second leg of the honeymoon.

The antique bed slept amazing and the handwoven silk canopy is something to be admired. The stitching truly resembles stars as you lay falling to sleep. The bath tub was very relaxing. It was the first time that I have seen a tub that required a computer system to run the jets.

I honestly can not put into words how special our time at Stonehurst Place was.

We will always have special memories of Rosie, Barbara (owner who we met), and the inn. Hopefully we will be able to celebrate many anniversaries there in the years to come.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BuckheadAtlanta
Reviewed 22 November 2009

We can't say enough good things about our stay at Stonehurst Place. Being avid travelers, we've had the experience of staying at many places. Stonehurst Place is truly one of the most memorable. Not only is it luxurious, but it's also comfortable, with the added bonus of being eco-friendly. The accommodations were spaces, the bed, dreamy and Barb and her staff made us feel right at home. We loved it and highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple