All reviews master suite bed and breakfast piedmont park heated floors gourmet breakfast enormous shower b bs walk in closet sitting room other guests soaking tub within walking distance each morning botanical gardens midtown area common areas visiting atlanta
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I wanted to take my wife somewhere romantic for our Anniversary this year, but it needed to be some place local. After searching the internet for both traditional hotels and many B&Bs in the Atlanta area, I decided on the “Master Suite” at Stonehurst Place based on the beautiful pictures located on the Inn’s website and “we” couldn’t be any more happy with the choice!

From the moment Linda and I arrived, the Inn Keepers Caroline and Gary made us feel welcome. Caroline gave us a fantastic tour of the house and told us some very interesting stories about its history. She also pointed out the many original art pieces and described the lengths the Inn’s Owner Barb went through restoring the property. After seeing her work, I’m reminded of the line in the movie Jurassic Park when the Park’s owner says “we spared no expense!”

Our room turned out to be more elegant, spacious and comfortable than the pictures on the website portray. We especially enjoyed the walk in shower, and the incredible bed!

Breakfast the next morning was wonderful, and our only regret was that our stay was over far too quickly. We've already recommended the Inn to a number of our friends for a romantic get away and have discussed when we can return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JLB71
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We happened upon Stonehurst when our plans to Savannah were diverted to Atlanta. They graciously accomodated our last minute stay. We stayed in the Piedmont room and loved it. I noticed a previous review noted that the bathrom is small. It is small, but in no way did that hinder our stay. The room was lovely with a wonderful fireplace and lovely furnishings. The history of the home is amazing and Caroline gave us a grand tour with many interesting facts about the history of the house. I awoke to the smell of bacon cooking in the kitchen and we indulged in a delicious gourmet breakfast.
Caroline and Gary were amazing hosts. I would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nashvilleres
Reviewed 24 January 2010

I am a very frequent business traveler and happen to thoroughly revel in a great hospitality experience when I have one! Stonehurst Place is an example of impeccable restoration paired with modern convenience and luxury. I was absolutely blown away by the beauty and comfort of the design and furnishings of the common spaces as well as my guest room - not to mention the delicious linens on my bed! The innkeepers are very attentive and exuded the kind of warmth that made me feel like I was visiting an old family friend! Breakfast is not the typical homemade blueberry muffin and coffee that you get at most Inns. It is a 2 course event - for example: fresh fruit salad and mini cinnamon buns followed by eggs benedict!
Finally, the location is terrific. There are many great restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance - and a book store. And, listen up Atlanta business travelers - free wireless and parking! How can you beat that!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank BizTravBeth
Reviewed 17 January 2010

This was by far the best B and B I have ever stayed in. It is 5 stars all the way. The house is exquisite and beautifully decorated, the bedroom was stunning, understated and elegant and I do not have words to describe the bathroom... it took my breath away.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Captain000
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Although we didn't have nearly enough time to enjoy the property, the accommodations and breakfast were great. The snow on the ground coupled with the fireplace in our room made a great combo... We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple