All reviews master suite bed and breakfast piedmont park heated floors gourmet breakfast enormous shower b bs walk in closet sitting room other guests soaking tub within walking distance each morning botanical gardens midtown area common areas visiting atlanta
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Right at Piedmont Park and minutes by foot to The Fox, and other midtown locations

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rwchason
Reviewed 18 February 2010

It is not very often that one can experience "True Excellence". The Stonehurst Place is that special occasion. Charm and Gracious Southern Hospitality are the norm. The rooms are extremely well decorated with period furniture and contain a gas fireplace. Breakfasts are perfect. The location is close to many attractions and many of atlanta's finest restaurants. We definitely SHALL return for a Spring visit.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JJL1
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We stayed in the Master Suite and were amazed at everything. My wife said it was better than any place she'd ever stayed. The breakfast was awesome, they are tremendously accomodating, service is top notch and the decor is perfect. I highly recommend this place to anyone. It's also right down town in the perfect location. I'm sure i'll return for another stay. Thank you.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank captmello
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I wanted to take my wife somewhere romantic for our Anniversary this year, but it needed to be some place local. After searching the internet for both traditional hotels and many B&Bs in the Atlanta area, I decided on the “Master Suite” at Stonehurst Place based on the beautiful pictures located on the Inn’s website and “we” couldn’t be any more happy with the choice!

From the moment Linda and I arrived, the Inn Keepers Caroline and Gary made us feel welcome. Caroline gave us a fantastic tour of the house and told us some very interesting stories about its history. She also pointed out the many original art pieces and described the lengths the Inn’s Owner Barb went through restoring the property. After seeing her work, I’m reminded of the line in the movie Jurassic Park when the Park’s owner says “we spared no expense!”

Our room turned out to be more elegant, spacious and comfortable than the pictures on the website portray. We especially enjoyed the walk in shower, and the incredible bed!

Breakfast the next morning was wonderful, and our only regret was that our stay was over far too quickly. We've already recommended the Inn to a number of our friends for a romantic get away and have discussed when we can return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JLB71
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We happened upon Stonehurst when our plans to Savannah were diverted to Atlanta. They graciously accomodated our last minute stay. We stayed in the Piedmont room and loved it. I noticed a previous review noted that the bathrom is small. It is small, but in no way did that hinder our stay. The room was lovely with a wonderful fireplace and lovely furnishings. The history of the home is amazing and Caroline gave us a grand tour with many interesting facts about the history of the house. I awoke to the smell of bacon cooking in the kitchen and we indulged in a delicious gourmet breakfast.
Caroline and Gary were amazing hosts. I would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple