“Great place for sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Old Fourth Ward
Neighbourhood: Old Fourth Ward
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped here becuz of scoutmob.com. this place has great bar service and sushi. Wonderful ambiance awesom

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've been to gekko over 10 times. This places is always great! Service is really good, they always have some discount, and the food is excellent! Try the Boston roll or the Gekko sooo good!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Creative food combined with some traditional favorites make this a great stop for sushi lovers. The very contemporary design fits comfortably with the surroundings. Atlanta has a number of good sushi restaurants and this one competes with the best.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We arrived with our 4 year old granddaughter in tow, about 25 minutes before closing. You never would have known. The staff was super friendly and made us feel welcome. They made kid chopstix for her without us having to ask, kept us aware of when last call occurred and made good suggestions. The food was fantastic.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I've only eaten at Gekko once, but it didn't knock my socks off I had the Tuna Tartar. The fish was fresh and tasted good, but the consistency put me off a bit. I was expecting small chunks of tuna, but this tuna was ground into a consistency resembling paste. It began to disintegrate in the sauces surrounding it making it soupy. I felt like I needed a spoon to finish it.
My partner had the Wasabi Rolls and California Rolls. The California Rolls were bland at best, but then again nothing good ever came out of the use of imitation Krab. I would rather pay more for real crab then its imposter sister. The Wasabi Rolls had a nice kick to them. I would definitely order them again.
The service was great! Spot on.
I'll give Gekko another chance and order some other items on the menu. Maybe it was an "off" day.

Been to Gekko Sushi? Share your experiences!