“Was disappointed ”
Review of Takorea

Takorea
Reserve with OpenTable
Takorea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Asian, Korean, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Takorea is all about bold flavors at an affordable price. We have combined the best of Korean and Mexican street food to bring you a new culinary experience in a fun atmosphere. Dishes include Spicy Korean BBQ Pork Sliders with Cucumber Kimchi Slaw, a wide selection of Takos, addictive Sesame Fries, Gogi Nachos, Bibim Bop heaping with meat and veggies, topped with a fried egg and Korean red pepper sauce. Wash it all down with our selection of local craft beers, signature cocktails and unique wines.
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Over all it was just ok. Place was clean. Food was cold. We were traveling through Atlanta n decided to stop there. It is a Mexican-Korean fusion. I've had better Korean food. My parents did not like it.
We has BUILD-A-BOP BIBIM! (One with grilled ckn n the other with Korean Fried Ckn), kimchi fried rice, steamed and fried dumplings and Bulgogi (Ribeye).

1  Thank RajTis
There are newer reviews for Takorea

Reviewed 28 October 2013

As a fan of both Korean food in general and Korean tacos in particular, I was eager to try this place, and my expectations were easily met. The beef taco (flour tortilla with Korean barbecued beef and Korean vegetables) was fantastic, just bursting with flavor, and the crispy tilapia taco was also first-rate. I'd also mention an appetizer we loved: "sticky chicky," which was small pieces of sesame-crusted chicken in an apricot glaze, with cooked red onions and jalapenos. A sampler of "banchan," Korean vegetables, made a nice side dish. The drink menu is also innovative and inexpensive, and my mango-jalapeno martini was really good -- and not too hot or spicy, but just right, and only $5. The whole bill per person, with drinks and tip, was just $24.
Check out the menu online: they have variations on more standard Korean fare, but the Korean tacos are worth a trip out of your way.
The place is attractively decorated in a modern style, and although there was modern alt-rock on the sound system, it was not too loud, so it's easy to hold a conversation. Service was cordial and quick.
If you like Korean and/or creative fusion, this place is a must. We needed no reservation on a Sat. evening. It is an easy walk from the Midtown or North Ave. MARTA stops, one block east of Peachtree Street. It's also easily walkable from the hotels on West Peachtree, such as the Renaissance and the Indigo.

1  Thank jonco
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Unique blend of korean and mexican food. Fun atmosphere, ambiance and employees. And Tako Tuesday for Two Bucks! Go!!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Poor taco, neither korean nor mexican food are good there, the place is a shed, old and not inviting, uncomfortable.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was in town for a conference and looking for something interesting. I was not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the service was great (thanks Penny!). Although the tacos looked good, I stuck with the standard bibimbap (for $1 extra you could substitute kimchi fried rice, which I did). Just fantastic. You had a choice of 10 banchan, which was nice. Hot and spicy, but not TOO hot and spicy. Four of us showed up and we were expecting two more to join us. When 10 more showed up, we were so apologetic, but they were so gracious in accommodating us. I will definitely go back the next time I am in Atlanta.

Been to Takorea? Share your experiences!