“Very pleased”

Ranked #97 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
LEXINGTON
“Very pleased”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights with a group of teens. Rooms were ideal for our needs with lots of space and the convenience of the kitchen. Breakfast was very good with lots of different choices and fresh fruit. The staff was very accommodating, even being sure breakfast was ready for us a little early as we needed to leave very early every morning. The kids enjoyed the theater room to watch the opening of the Olympics.

Staff and management was very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
California
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Quite simple and impressive. Dollar for dollar, this is hard to beat! Clean, large room, great location in Buckhead, Lots of free perks, parking & food. With all that being said I must say that the service at the front desk is lack luster. Needs improvement- Example I requested a simple item from the front desk and the guy was on the computer addressing me from the back room, would not make eye contact or even get up from his chair in the back office to assist me. That shows a level of laziness that is unacceptable to me in my world. Hopefully if Management reads this review, they can re train this employee at this otherwise pleasant hotel

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Milpitas, California
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Looking for a three-night hotel stay in Atlanta, my wife and I looked for a hotel with a reasonable price - in a good district - with amenities of free wireless internet and a laundry. I searched comprehensively on-line and decided to book at the Staybridge Suites in Buckhead. We were not disappointed. It met our needs very nicely.

The Staybridge Suites is an 8-story hotel in a largely residential part of Buckhead - north of downtown Atlanta. Buckhead is seemingly a "second downtown"? The hotel is off the beaten track, several blocks east of Peachtree in a mixed neighborhood of small businesses, restaurants, but mainly residential.

The hotel is a typical establishment of its size, comparable to other such chains. Overall it is pleasant, but clearly not upscale. On the other hand, we had no complaints about our spacious room. Large, clean, very nice bathroom and good bed. No great view - we overlooked the multi-story parking stucture. But that was fine, we were in Atlanta in get out during the day and have a nice room at night.

The Staybridge Suites offered a complimentary buffet breakfast. It was adequate for time-conscious business travellers, but not of a high enough quality or ambiance for vacationers. After the first morning, we ate elsewhere.

Don't stay here to stay in your room or the hotel. But if you want clean, inexpensive, convenient lodging -- I would recommend.

PS: We needed a laundry mid-trip to clean our clothes. Not only was the laundry for guests clean and well-appointed --- it was FREE. A very good touch by management, especially for quarter-challenged travellers.

Room Tip: The elevators are very slow, the neighborhood is quiet. Ask for a lower-floor room. But both the s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

Hotel is on a quiet street in buckhead, nice breakfast and managers reception. Pool was nice, but the hot tub is too hot and a little uncomfortable. Will stay here again if visiting the buckhead area

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Expat in Vietnam
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge as we were passing through Atlanta overnight and near friends at Buckhead. The location and staff were excellent. Quick efficient check in and reasonable price. Nice flatscreen TV and breakfast with healthy choices. They also have washing machines which is a nice touch.
The main compliment I want to give the housekeeping and management is regarding me leaving behind my expensive goosedown pillow. For 3 weeks I called and they kept seaching until I had given up. But I received a phone call from the GM and said they found it. I was so pleasantly surprised and delighted by their tenacity in searching for my pillow. So kudos to the staff for going the extra mile to satisfy a customer!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jkot
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very nice hotel. Free laundry!!!!!!!
The pool was clean and empty most of the time.
The staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have heard about the horrors of bedbugs but have never, ever experienced them until this week. I was horrified to discover them in my room. Management took one night off of my stay but I am terrified of bringing them home with me.

Room Tip: Wait until they have renovated this property thoroughly before staying here.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary W
, Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Orkin pest control and our housekeeping staff check for such regularily. Room has been treated and inspected by Orkin.