“Outstanding Stay”

Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #102 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family and I stayed there this weekend and we had an awesome time. The renovations of the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite was great. Kudos to the company. The restaurant area was very tasteful and clean. I enjoyed my stay so much that my family and I have decided to stay there again in January.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thanks for the kind words.
Look forward to your return visit

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel had a clean pool and spa area inside. The rooms had plasma tv all working with cable. A kitchen area. A let out sofa bed. Bed was comfortable and clean . Breakfast was great buffet style. The room has make up remover for a lady pleasure and shoe wipes. Popcorn in kitchen by microwave sealed. Everything was perfect. Shuttle driver was nice and front desk clerk. Great location a lot of restaurants to chose from.

• Stayed: October 2013
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

We have shared it with staff
Hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Had a great stay! Friendly and very helpful staff . Asked for shuttle service several times and they were excellent! Never had to wait! Clean room and good breakfast! We would definitely stay again. Good job by everyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank paula b
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thanks for the kind words - we past along to staff
Hope to see you back

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The last time we stayed in this hotel was in 2010 and things have changed. They have remodeled the rooms and they look nicer but they did not think out the floor plan very well. In my room, they had to cut a hole in the door so you could close the bathroom door. The door and the toilet would otherwise collide. Also for a newly renovated room, the dishwasher had some issues, the soap area in the machine would not close. The room is cramped as they tried to put too much furniture in it and the placement of the TV is way off. There is really nowhere to sit comfortably and watch. The pillows are also very small, not a normal sized pillow. They may want to get some larger ones.
The breakfast was ok but they were out of 2% milk one day and it took them a while to get it fixed. We left before it was fixed. It was nice to have some fresh fruit available and be able to make your own waffle. They could have had more cereal selections (only four) and more tea selections especially mint tea. The breakfast people were hard to find when items needed to be refilled. We only ate there once out of our stay since it was easier to have breakfast in the room. We bought some groceries and ate most of our meals in room.
The one main thing that bothered me the most and I am not sure how they will be able to correct it, is the smell as soon as you walk in the front door. It is not a pleasant smell but thankfully it does not go beyond the front desk area. The first person who greeted us wasn’t very pleasant but the rest of the folks at the front desk were outstanding.
I was a little surprised but it was my own fault as I thought I was getting a room with a separate bedroom. Make sure you read the description carefully. I had a Queen Studio Suite. The suite part is what through me off and made me expect the separate bedroom. The room we stayed in was 414. I really like the free covered parking and the wireless internet definitely assets.
I’m not sure if I can recommend this hotel though as it has been almost a week since we checked out and there is still a pending transaction from them that is pending since a day after we checked it. It hasn't posted yet so I have been told I can’t do much but it is very upsetting to have to constantly check to see I it has posted so I can finally find out what is going on. WE had a zero balance when we left and there should not be anything pending. If it does work out, just make sure to be vigilant on the card you used to pay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank live2travel73
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thanks for your comments:
Some good suggestions: pillow size and amount of furniture we will consider.
Not sure about bathroom door - we did not cut holes in walls - orginal door and frame but will explore.
Pending transactions are funds held by your bank. Its probably a result of the authorization at check-in. We can only post actual charges, we can not place holds or pending transactions on your card. It should drop off soon if not already depending on the policy of the bank that issued your card.

We certainly apologize for any issues caused

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have to make my reservations through a state mandated travel agent so I always end up calling behind them to make sure they get everything right...they rarely do. So when I spoke to the front desk staff I mentioned that I really wanted a quiet room because I had read the reviews saying how noisy it is near the street or the parking lot. This has never worked at any other hotel. They just give you what's available. But here the wonderful front desk person mentioned my request and gave me a great room on the fifth floor away from the street and parking lot. And it is a great room too. It's newly renovated and I am very cosy and comfortable here. Love the kitchenette with the 3/4 fridge and full size microwave and 2 burner stove and dishwasher. Furnishings are new, Carpet is new. Everything is clean and modern and nice. I haven't been to breakfast yet or the light dinner they offer Tuesday through Thursday but I did take a look at the pool and spa and the fitness room last night and it all looks fine. The landscaping in front of the building is lovely and the parking area in back is ample and felt safe to me. Hope this helps someone looking for a place to stay in Buckhead- Atlanta area. I would certainly recommend this hotel. They have obviously done a lot of work since the previuos reviews.

Room Tip: I stayed in 514. Its great
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JKeesler
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thanks for the kind words. We still have more coming with our reburbishment project so come back and see us

Reviewed 16 August 2013

There is really nothing exceptional about this hotel. The check in is hard to find as it is in the back of the hotel through the parking garage. When I went to check in, the desk clerk started the process and then had to step away for amoment to do swomething else behind the desk (I don't know what it was) and left me waiting. That said, he was nice but no one here seems to go out of their way to make you feel at home. The room was nice but dated and a bit worn. The indoor pool area is great and there is a hot tub in the far corner. The breakfast buffet consisted of small pre-made mini omlettes with cheese, ham, pancakes and general continental breakfast items. Coffee was quite good. Considering the price was reasonable, the parking was free and the breakfast edible, it was an okay value. I do question, however, in a hotel that didn't seem to be very full, why would you put someone in a room that gets no light because of the parking structure and faces the cars in the lot rather than facing the garden area on the other side of the floor?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tmgmdny
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Good Day:
Thank you very much for your comments; they help us to improve.
We are in the process of remodeling all our guestrooms and have about half done.
Certain room types exist only in certain areas of the hotel and we will do a better job explaining to folks such. We were full with 2 groups from China and Japan so the garage may have not looked full. We apologize for the room location and hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My friends and I were celebrating a birthday on a rainy weekend. We decided to find a place to stay since we were in the area and it was raining. We checked in very late and the check in process went fine. It wasn't until the next morning, when the problems occurred. I went to the front desk twice and no one was there. You can clearly see the office from where I was standing; the two associates were back there chatting and playing on their phones. We wanted to split the bill in half and the front desk clerk was having troubles navigating their system. She kept saying, "our internet is down". Instead of contacting their support line or getting the manager, she suggested that we leave our credit card numbers and she will process it later. After about 45 minutes of waiting at the front desk, she finally decided to comp our stay. There were no apologies made; I felt like she comped our stay just so we can get out of her face. There were no contact information of the manager located in the front. Definitely the worst experience I've had ever. Took me awhile to write this review, but I felt the need to let others know.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruby T
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for your comments - its never to late to give your feedback, we always welcome this
Since the spring we have made several staffing changes in an effort to fix these issues. In addition, we are constantly coaching our staff and will use this as example of their impact. I'm truely sorry for the problems incurred to you during your visit with us.