“so disappointing”

Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #102 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was always a huge Candlewood Suites fan until I stayed in the Staybridge in Springfield, IL several times. I fell in love with the hotel and swore I'd always stay in Staybridge when I travelled from now on. So we went on a trip half way across the country and I was excited to try my 2nd Staybridge. When we got there the place was dirty. There were black marks all over the walls and doors...it was like no one cared about the property. the room smelled terrible and was also dirty. the shade under the curtain had been ripped and it only covered 2/3 of the window. Both my husband and I were scared for our safety, We got up in the morning and went to breakfast before skipping out. Not surprisingly, the breakfast was gross and the ladies attending the breakfast were rude and barely working. They were just eating and drinking and being loud. We quickly got our things and left. I just checked my bank account and they charged me $19 more than was on my bill when I left. I think I'll go back to Candlewood!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole L
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments from your visit.
We do apologize for the inconviences
As you may have observed we are in the middle of refurbishing the hotel. This will include the hallways; walls, carpeting, lighting, and painting of doors.
The amount you see on your credit card statement is an authorization which is taken at check-in and adds for possible incidentals. The bank that issued your card will drop this and replace with lower amount actually charged once they process
Again, we very sorry for the circumstances and did not wish to frustrate you

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here week before last for one night on a quick trip to Atlanta. This hotel was in a convenient location for us. The room was clean and comfortable, and suited our needs just fine. The staff at the hotel was very polite and friendly. Overall a very pleasant stay for us. For someone on an extended stay, they might find the room to be small and cramped. For an extended stay, I would have preferred a larger suite with a larger kitchen area and a recliner.
The evening social was fine for a cold beer or a glass of wine. But, I would not eat the food again. We were there for hamburger/hotdog night, and the quality of the food was very poor to say the least. We were out late, and did not make it down for the morning breakfast, so I cannot comment on that.
There was a lot of road noise, as previous reviewers have commented, but it was not enough to keep us from sleeping. Again, for someone on an extended stay, they would likely prefer a quieter place
Depending on the purpose (location) of our trip, and length of stay, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from the road for a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your observations.
As an FYI we have different size rooms in our inventory . Because some maybe sold out, it will not always show all the options but it may help to call the hotel in those cases to double check availability.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was staying at this place during the month of May. The room was pretty good. Large, with nice clean toilet. Bed was neat and tidy. I would like to thank the room service who made my stay even better by taking care of the daily clean up of the room.
The tiny kitchen was equipped with every single thing you might need to cook your food.
The front desk staffs were really helpful in all the way.

Altogether beautiful people, pleasant stay.

I would recommend this hotel to every one, especially who are planning to visit and stay in Atlanta for longer duration.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Yajnaseni
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank for your thoughts. Glad we could be your home for a month.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Recently stayed at the Buckhead Staybridge Suites for 4 nights, I expected that it would be fine, but it was better than expected. The rooms are newly refurbished and looked great. Breakfast was very good, lots of fresh fruit, eggs, pastries, etc. I went to the "manager's reception" one night and had hot dogs, hamburgers, salad and beer. All very well done. The staff was uniformly helpful and friendly.The only sight drawback is that the hotel is a little removed from most of Buckhead. We had a car so it wasn't much of a problem, and the hotel has a shuttle to get around without a car. But there's not much in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rich_NJ_8
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments.
We hope to see you back

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Missed a Delta connection back to NY and had to stay the night, and this was the first of two hotel choices given. We may never know the hospitality of the other option, but it's easy to say that from start to finish during a short overnight we felt the comfort of home.

Gorgeous stone inside, close to the airport, beautiful and well-kept rooms. Incredibly comfortable king bed and all the space you could ever need in the suite we were given. We got in at 11pm and left at 6am so the experience was short but very sweet. Friendly and welcoming staff could not have more helpful and approachable. Fun to chat and joke with.

Ended up taking a 5 minute walk over the adjacent bridge to a karaoke bar for a few and the energy showed us a great side of the city, as long as you're up for anything and willing to make some new friends. Didn't know what to expect and we got the unexpected. Just a willingness to journey.

I wish we had more time to spend enjoying all the comforts. Although the traveling experience was long and frustrating due to flight issues, we were very fortunate to get a free night at Staybridge.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank nealmyselfandi
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thanks for the comments but wonder if they were meant for the Stabridge Suites location near the airport

Reviewed 17 December 2013

12/13-12/15 are the nights I stayed here, I came here from fl for my biryhday. The staff were very pleasant, and when I got to my room I was totally surprised. The room looked nothing like the pictures it was 100x better. This hotel is near night clubs, restaurants, and Lenox sq mall. The only thing I didn't like was in order to use the pull out bed it was an additional 10 a night I was under the impression it was included. If I had know. That I would have gotten a room with two beds. But other than that I had a fantastic stay and would def book this hotel again

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Astaff12
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thaqnk you for the kind words
Glad you enjoyed yourself

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in Atlanta visiting family over Thanksgiving. I like this area because it is in the heart of Buckhead without the traffic and hassles of Buckhead. It's so nice to self park in a covered garage and not pay $32/night for parking.
The rooms are nice and clean and beds comfy. The lobby and breakfast area is very nice with a great 2-sided fireplace~Very stylish and cozy. I had asked for a room on the North side of the hotel as that is what other reviewers had mentioned as being quieter. However the North rooms look out at parking garage so I would next time ask for a room on Maple Street.
Things went well until Thanksgiving evening when we came home to a dog barking in a room a few doors away. Management was unable to locate the owner and so we had to turn on room fan and use the sleep machine app on our phone. Very, very annoying. However, the next morning Tony (the general manager) said he would take care of the problem for us and he did.
The only other snag was one morning while we were having breakfast the hotel maintenance or cleaning staff was gathered in the breakfast area discussing the party the night before they attended. One youngish man kept staring and ogling all the hotel guests. Very unsettling. Since we had the dog issue and that was remedied I let the "staring man" issue slide but if it happened again I would address it with management. Also I would ask for a 1 BR suite next time I go as my husband likes the TV on more than I do and I would have preferred to retire to a quiet room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bookwoman44
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Good Day:
Thanks for your comments they are taken to heed. We have addressed congregation issue with staff
Hope to see you again soon