“Yummy Mediterranean”

Ranked #1,560 of 4,043 Restaurants in Atlanta
Neighbourhood: Cumberland
Neighbourhood: Cumberland
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Love the Mediterranean flavors of hummus, grape leaves, lentils, lamb, olives, etc. I eat lunch here about once a month and the service is pleasant and quick. It is always a good experience from the servers to the menu to whatever delicious dish I choose.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I am a big fan of the Olive Bistro; it is one of my personal favorites in Atlanta. It is located in the Kroger shopping center on Cobb Parkway inside the perimeter. It's a small place with (maybe?) 10 tables. I have been several times and most recent visit I went was for lunch last week as a treat. My favorite dish is the vine platter. It is a ridiculous amount of food for lunch, but I thought , "Hey if I'm treating myself, why not?" You get six stuffed grape leaves, a ton of rice and lentils, hummus and pita, and a greek salad. I was able to only eat about half of it. The hummus and pita are a great appetizer. The pita is grilled and yummy. They make their own hummus, which you can tell the difference between this and the store bought kind. The greek salad is addictive, the dressing is really good and I think has a little bit of crushed red pepper, which gives it a kick. They have lamb kabobs on the menu and lamb chops as a special, both of which are good. They occasionally will have my pasta weakness, lobster ravioli, which is excellent. The homemade baklava is great for dessert (I usually get it to-go because I have no room left in my stomach). The atmosphere is casual and they do specials like half priced bottles of wine during the week (Wednesdays I think). The service is for the most part pretty good. We usually go for dinner and Bruce is our waiter. He is excellent and will not steer you wrong, if you ask for his opinion.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

The Olive Bistro is a little place located in the same shopping center (Riverview Village) that houses a Kroger and the C&S Oyster House at the intersection of Cobb Parkway (Rt. 41) and Paces Mill Rd SE. There are a few patio tables available during nice weather.
The menu is standard, well-executed Mediterranean fare. There are a number of small-plate items to choose from, as well as many entrees. Everything I've tried so far, from lamb to chicken to vegetarian dishes, have been terrific. The menu is available online. http://www.olivebistro.com/ . There are 2 other Olive Bistros - this is the Vinings location.
They offer a small but serviceable wine and beer list.
Service is friendly and efficient. Just as with anyplace else, if you are in a hurry, you need to say so before the meal, not in the middle of it.
Olive Bistro is appropriate for well-behaved children, as there is no room for them to run around.
Parking is plentiful for lunch, but there is competition with the other businesses in the evening.
In short, a very good lunch or dinner option near the Cobb Galleria and Cobb Energy Centre, as well as for the many local office buildings.