“trendy”

Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“trendy”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

seemed a bit short staffed. Be sure to arrive early for breakfast, lack of silverware/plates if you're a late sleeper. The rooms are really comfortable and trendy, however, limited parking space. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: def the king size room w/ pull out sofa
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marcus P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us!! We are so glad you had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel! We enjoyed having and serving you. I hate that you didn't get a chance to experience our 24 hour menu. We have delicious soups, sandwiches, flatbreads, pizzas, salads, and burgers!! I sincerely hope the next time you're in town, you'll give us a try!! Thanks again for your comments and for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Frequenting Atlanta often for long periods of time; I found my new go to hotel. The rooms were spacious and the couch provided a feeling a home. I could sit there and watch tv and not feel like I am in a hotel. While they did not have a restaurant on site, they did have a small bar which I originally thought only served beer and wine but also offered a few liquor choices which was nice. The free breakfast was very good and the hot skillet items were delicious. And it is in walking distance of a few good restaurants, especially Spondivits.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BigRedSoBo
Thank you so much for staying with us!! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back to see us soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for one night during a 14 hours drive. The room was a suite...which I believe they all are at Hyatt Place. There was a full size sleeper sofa and two queen beds...more than enough for a family of four. Pool was outdoor only. Complimentary breakfast buffet was very good....bacon was cooked in a circle shape...not much fat...very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChTrk
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!!
Louisville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My fiance and I took my brother who is in a wheelchair to a concert and decided to stay at this hotel. I called a month a head of time and made reservations specifically for a handicap room with a handicap shower so that he would have access to the bathroom. When i arrived the hotel clerk informed me that there were no rooms available that were handicap. How is that possible when i called specifically for that day over a month a head of time. So i took the room because i was told that i would be charged if i did not stay there seeing how it was not cancelled 24 hours prior to the arrival date. I later went to the front desk to ask if they had any kind of shower stool that i could use for my brother and was informed that they did not have any thing like that in the hotel! I was highly upset with my stay. I even emailed several people about the rudeness of the clerk and the fact that i did not get my reserved room and i never heard back from them. If someone in your party needs any assistance i dont recommend this place at all and i hate that because otherwise it would have been a nice place but they ruined it for me with rudeness and not being able to accommodate for a handicap child.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank erachels88
First I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am so sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We try to always be accomodating to all of our guest and in your case we failed to do that. Again for that, I sincerely apologize. Please know that your comments and concerns have not fallen on deaf ears and I will be using your comments to share with my staff the importance of taking care of every guest, every time. I wreally wish you had asked to speak to me before you left so I could have addressed your concerns. Again thanks so much for staying with us.
London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overall a great property which is typical of Hyatt Place generally. The shuttle was waiting when iarrived but be mindful it only runs every 30 mins so if you just miss it it's a long wait for the next. Offered freezing cold water upon arrival and the transfer was quick and comfortable from ATL airport. Assigned a room as requested on the highest floor away from elevator. Check was quick and easy. Lifts (only two) can be slow at time. The fitness center was nice but didn't have a chance to use it. The wifi is good and fast, and the breakfast was sadly a bit of a let down whilst free they didn't have any hot items like a hampton inn. It's been a while. The hotel is in close walking proximity to a thai restaurant down the road which is recommended. All up - good value and comfortable stay. I'm not a big fan of the new toiletries, i preferred the old portico toiletries but nothing this hotel can do as it's from hyatt corporate i'm sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I shelled out a little more money than I usually do for this hotel stay. The hotel was clean, but all night long we could hear the airplanes take off. I was disappointed because I rely on other reviews when I book a stay, and most reviews never mentioned that you can hear the planes. We could also hear people outside at very late hours in the evening, and I know that is not necessarily in the control of the hotel. We could also hear doors slamming. We were on the first floor if that helps anyone plan their stay. During breakfast, they were out of a ton of stuff. We ate at a variety of times to see if getting their early helped, and it didn't. One day we waited for coffee and spoons. The next day we waited for spoons and they were out of rolls/donuts. The next day they were out of fruit and other things. I did see the staff in the breakfast area working very hard, but it felt like they didn't stock the food well over the course of the 4 days we stayed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

After staying at the Hyatt Place in Aurora Co last summer, I thought I found my near hotel chain, but clearly not all Hyatt's are the same. The rooms at this Hyatt were much much smaller, it was, more of a traditional hotel room not like the suite size room we had in Colorado. The Hyatt Place in Aurora has chips and salsa in our room upon arrival, this Hyatt did not. Overall don't think I would stay at this particular Hyatt again over priced for the size room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!