“Comfortable stay at the Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North”

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #46 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Dallas, TX
“Comfortable stay at the Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North”
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place near the Pittsburgh Airport and we were pleased. So when we were deciding on a place to stay near the Atlanta Airport it was decided to stay at the Hyatt Place due to our previous pleasant stay in Pittsburgh. It was a great choice!
It was near to the airport, the shuttle was convenient both times that we used it. (It runs every half an hour). The room was clean and comfortable. I like the big TV, the many mirrors and the way the room is set up. The breakfast was just right - bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. All in all it was just what we hoped it would be. The only problem we had was that our wake up call that we requested was never sent.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank winepourer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tipton Indiana
Reviewed 1 October 2009

My husband and I stopped at this hotel the night of September 18th on our way to Florida. I had remembered that I had two $50 gift cards for Hyatt that one of our children had given us for Xmas. The hotel had plenty of rooms available. When my husband presented the cards to the desk clerk he said we could not use them. They were not good unless we had a reservation and had a confirmation number! That made no sense at all to us and my husband asked him to show us where on the card that was stated. He showed my husband the reservation phone number and the website address but nothing about prior reservations required. Tired and not wanting a confrontation my husband then asked him to make us a reservation but again the clerk refused saying we had to have a confirmation that was received in the mail. We left then and went to a hotel across the street. Obviously the clerk did not know how to process the card, or he just didn't want to mess with it. I guess Hyatt just doesn't need the business

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Don't book through the hotel's website directly. I booked my stay online and specifically marked that I would be a late check in because I was driving there (~9 hr trip). Upon arrival, the front desk attendant didn't know I would be checking in late. In fact, he told me if I came any later I would have been considered a no show and I wouldn't have gotten the room or my money back. He suggested that I should have called the hotel to make sure they knew I was a late check-in. I understood his point but what was the point of checking in through the company and marking I was a late check-in if they weren't going to send the information to the hotel directly. Besides this mishap, the first room I checked in had wet carpet and smelled horrible. I was immediately placed in another room that was fine. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. However, the continental breakfast was horrible. Absolutely no meat or water available. You had to purchase any meat you wanted.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We chose this hotel because it is close to the Atlanta airport and we were arriving late. The lobby is small but nicely designed. The staff at 11pm at night was OK. Didn't offer a lot of information like breakfast times. We had to ask.

When we got to our room, it was nicely designed. But we needed to use the sofa bed for our teen girls. We had the king bed room. We went to open the sofa and noticed food crumbs/particles on the cushions. When we opened the sofa bed the particles appeared there as well on the sheets. Not exactly a nice welcome! However, we immediately called and asked for new sheets. We did offer to pick them up ourselves, which was fine. And they gave us two sets since one of our daughters wanted to sleep on some sofa cushions instead of cramming on the double bed sofa bed. We got more towels too since they only gave us three sets for four people.

The king bed was nice, however the throw pillow, which was dark brown, looked like someone had slept on it and drooled on it. Not very inviting either!

We did like the sink being outside the shower area so people can get ready in two places at once.

The breakfast is pretty good. You can order hot breakfasts at a cost and the complimentary breakfast has fruit, cereal, breads, yogurt, juice, coffee. We did notice that the fresh pineapple tasted like it had absorbed the smells of the refrigerator (so not fresh) and the cantalope was a bit fermented. The grapefruit was fine though.

On the whole it's not entirely bad. I know it was inexpensive (we used points for a free night) as the front desk clerk quoted someone $109/night.

Oh, and the staff in the morning was very friendly and nice. A big change from the evening staff.

I would recommend this hotel for a one night stay at the airport, but not for anything longer than that. It's not up to par.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2009

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor I was expecting a much cleaner, modern establishment. While there is a lovely large television in the room, the room itself was disappointing. It didn't smell fresh (smelled a bit like body order), the towels were stiff, the bathroom is old, and the tub's stopper had to be physically removed in order to take a shower, and the refrigerator started buzzing very loudly in the middle of the night. Maybe it was just the room I received, but overall I was very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
orange county, ca
Reviewed 14 July 2009

I come to Atlanta about every 2-3 months for work and this has been my hotel of choice when I am in town. I enjoy the free wifi, the big plasma HD TV, the comfy bed and the free breakfast. The staff is friendly and there are some fast food restaurants near by for a quick bite. It is an old Amerisuite remodeled but overall they did a good job. I like the mini fridge as I can stock up on drinks.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Stayed on the Hyatt Place for the first time and i was impressed. Check in was easy, room has a nice layout, though the closet is unbelievably small. Comfy bed and couch, with a big TV that swivels back and forth between the room. Paid $120, which is very reasonable.

Breakfast could be improved greatly but overall I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Balckyball
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!