“About Perfect”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jonesboro, GA
“About Perfect”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here on Nov 15 and were extremely happy with the service and the room. We arrived about 3:30 p.m. and our room was ready. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. He was able to put us in a corner room on the top floor. We had two windows in the room and were able to look out both east and south over the city. The room was large and provided us with a lot of extra space. We had a king bed that was comfortable and provided a good nights sleep. The room was quiet and we did not hear the people in the other rooms. The hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and we walked to Peachtree Street to eat dinner. We also had a hot chocolate the next morning in the Starbucks across the street. The hotel has a pool and workout room but we did not use them. We did visit the area and the pool and workout room appeared to be excellent shape and very clean. The only small drawback is the parking cost $15 a night and $18 if you want to go in and out. Other than that we had no complaints at all and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chanandmike
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for sharing all your comments regarding your recent visit to our beautiful property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The following people help me WAY BEYOND what I expected. JOHN the bellman got a note from the check in people so I could park in a handicap spot right in the entrance level and placed it in my car so I would not have to walk back with a cast and place it in the car. Felishia A. and Charlene N, made sure I was in a room by the elevator and took the parking charges off of my record as my company was paying for it. They originally realized I would have to walk to far to the elevator so they call my room and told me to meet them on another floor that had a room right by the elevator with the new keys already done even with the parking on my new key. BTW they both were busy as hell as the place was sold out and people were packing the front desk. Falisha A, met me at the new room with keys and everything so I would not have to come back down from the front desk to get the new key by the elevator.
Next Trakita L. noticed after our meetings were over which started at 7 am. and ended at 6pm. noticed I was in pain at supper and allowed me to order then bring it to my room so I could get the cast off my hand and leg ankle boot off ,which was swollen by this time. she would also get ice so I could place it in the tub so I could place my foot and leg in there to get the swelling down and did this every night I was there. The cook Wesley would have my meal prepared and ready to go went our supper started so I would not have to wait and Trakita L. would be waiting at my room with supper and a different dessert every night then go and get the ice, making several trips without me asking. This service just blew my mind. AT night I would drink some wine which was free but would not help me go to sleep as my back was injured also. Yason in the bar would make me a drink because the wine was just not working and I rarely drink. Yason made me a drink after me telling him if I could taste the alcohol I would not like it, would make me one and would pay for it himself and refused to take my money. He could tell I was in pain and I explained to everyone who helped me AND could see I was in pain that I was having back surgery the day after I left the hotel in Charleston, S.C. . Then on the last day after lunch they informed me that they would give me a late checkout so I could get the swelling down before I left and hade the hospital call the front desk so I could give them the medical info for my surgery Friday. Same girls Falishia A and Charlene N. unbelievable it brought me to tears as I left to go home. 5 hour drive. Absolutely the best hotel stay ever in my life without ever asking for the help. I will certainly stay at this hotel every time I come down period. The night before they helped me pack my car so that the day of checkout all I had to do was walk to the car. WHO ELSE DOES THIS? I'm still in shock by the genuine kindness of the staff at this hotel. These people need a raise or promoted to teach others the act of customer service. I'm crying now just thinking about it. No wonder my company uses this place for conferences. These people would even call my room to make sure I was OK.

Room Tip: because of my multiple cast they places me in a room by the elevator. and then presided to help me w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor each day. we are delighted that we were able to make you feel as comfortable as possible are you recover from your injury. We have shared all yuor comments with our entire team and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Dauphin, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel while in Atlanta for a course at Georgia tech. The rooms were spacious and clean. There are plenty of food options around the hotel and I loved having a Starbucks right across the street! Around the corner is also the world's smallest Walmart in case you forget to bring amenities with you. This was our first trip to Atlanta so didn't have much to compare to but in chatting with other course attendees, they were really impressed with the neighbourhood and said it's really improved over the years.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and allowed us to be your gracious host.
Middlesex, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went to visit GA Tech and found this newer hotel right within walking distance of campus. It is clean, efficient and great for families. It has a parking garage attached and for a small fee the cars can come and go which was convenient for us. The staff was polite and friendly. The beds were quite comfortable and the room very clean and new! We were impressed with the location as the College Bookstore Barnes and Noble is right across the street and it is walkable to get to the college and new arena.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We are delighted that your stay at Georgia Tech was memeorable and you took the time to share your recent experience withthe thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. We will share all your comments with our entire team and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
clemson, sc
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

This is the best choice of hotel when attending a conference or meetings at the Ga Tech Global Learning Center. Hotel is modern, clean, and well maintained. Definitely the best university run hotel I've ever stayed in! Rooms are spacious, there was a lockable safe in the closet, and a coffee/tea maker. My room had two queen beds, a large lounge chair, and two desks with chairs. Ask for a high floor for beautiful views of Atlanta - one side in particular has spectacular view of downtown. Location is in midtown and there were several good restaurants within a short walk. Hotel food was good, too.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback form your recent visit to the hotel. We will share all your comments with our entire team.
Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great hotel, nice personnel and clean and comfortable rooms.
Very convenient place, close to nice restaurants. You could also eat at the hotel restaurant. Prices were reasonable and the quality of the food was good enough. My room was next to elevator but it was always quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from recent experience at our beautiful property. We will share all your comments with our entire team.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was my third stay at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center. The rooms are up-to-date, clean and comfortable, the staff are friendly and go the extra mile to help, and the food is good. The meeting rooms and amenities are excellent. I highly recommend the venue.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback from your recent vsisit to our beautiful property.