“Amazing hotel for the money”

Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Amazing hotel for the money”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in November 2013 to go see a show at the Fox. It was important to me that we be within walking distance of the venue, but I didn't want to shell out $200/night to stay right next door. This hotel was fantastic. It was beautiful with plenty of helpful, professional and very friendly staff. Our check-in moved very quickly and smoothly and the desk attendant took out plenty of time to give us restaurant suggestions and walking directions to/from the restaurant and venue. I was a little nervous because there was a performance at the conference center and a nearby performance by Elton John that night, but the hotel remained calm and pristine despite all the traffic coming through. The rooms were nice and had a really neat view of some of the GTech classrooms. It was clean, comfortable, convenient and affordable. No complaints at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value our position in the market place and are committed to provide clean, comfortable, affordable accommodations while striving for service excellence for all our visitors staying at our hotel. We will share all of your comments with our entire team and look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Will keep this as short as possible: spent hours looking up hotels, decided on this one and we were not disappointed! Rooms and property were very clean. Some noise from street (sirens) - and we were on the highest floor (8) - but that is to be expected downtown in a large city. Liked the eco-friendly shampoo/containers. Beds were very comfortable. Neighborhood felt safe - walked to Starbucks across the street for breakfast, the Varsity down a few blocks for dinner. Overall great stay!

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity for share your feedback with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We will share all your comments with our entire team here at the hotel and look forward to host you again in the near future.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was looking forward to my trip to Atlanta. On my way to Atlanta, I discovered that I would be arriving earlier than expected so I called to see if I could arrive before check-in. The woman who answered the phone rudely cut me off before I finished speaking to tell me that it would not be possible for me to arrive early, so I waited until the appropriate time to check-in.
Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk agent made an unnecessary and insulting comment that I looked too young to check-in alone. I work in the accounting and finance department at a five star hotel and have been in the hospitality industry for over five years, and I have never been treated this poorly by a hotel. At my hotel, we strive to make every guest feel important.

While in my room, I ordered room service for myself and my guest. Upon delivering my food to my room, the delivery person felt it acceptable to “inform” me that I could not charge it to the room if I was “using daddy's credit card.” Though I may look young, I am an adult and a professional, and this treatment and behavior by a hotel at which I am paying to stay is unacceptable.

Later on that night, while watching a football game on the television in my hotel room, a manager came to the room door and threatened my guest and me. After the frustrating night, we went to sleep only to be awakened at 9:00am by a housekeeper ready to clean the room. She did not understand that we were checking out at 11am, and we were basically forced to leave the hotel early and in a rush.

After more than five years in the hospitality and hotel industry, I, more than most, understand how a hotel should be managed and run. This hotel is an embarrassment to the industry. I travel to Atlanta fairly regularly, and I will not stay at this establishment again.

3 Thank Haley S
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback during your recent visit during the New Year's Eve Holiday. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you as a result of an extremely festive evening in the hotel but we do certainly hope you allow the opportunity to earn your business in the near future. We will share all your concerns with the entire team here at the hotel.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with the main intention to help my daughter settle into her rental apartment before her term starts in Georgia Tech. We were given a room on the 8th floor at a really fantastic student rate! Room was spacious and comfortable. Hotel location was suitable for our needs, we had a great breakfast at Waffles House and the mini Walmart had everything we needed. We took the MARTA and the tech trolley everyday and covered Downtown, Midtown, Decatur and Perimeter Village. Enjoyed our CNN tour on 29th Dec, Sunday and also had the rare opportunity to immerse into the 'excitement' of the crowd making their way to a football game that Sunday afternoon. We met many friendly locals. We tried the food outlets in Midtown and nearby Piedmont Park, and the food court in Perimeter Mall. Efficient check in/check out and smooth ride via tech trolley and MARTA from and to the airport. When we called to report a problem with the toilet flushing system on one of the days, it was immediately attended to and the problem rectified within minutes. A warm 'thank you' to the management and staff! We really enjoyed our stay in Atlanta!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Welcome to the Ga Tech Family. We are delighted you allowed us to be your gracious host during the recent student move-in. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful comments about your stay which we will share with our entire team here at the hotel. We look forward to hosting you again during future visits. Goooooo Jackets!
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my son's graduation from Georgia Tech (I also had stayed there for his freshman orientation!) It is a lovely hotel and well maintained. The staff was very attentive and helpful. It is on the Georgia Tech trolley route, so it is very convenient to campus and to MARTA. (Used MARTA to come in from the airport for only $2.50!)

1 Thank oh_mikki
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback during your recent stay. We are delighted that you allow us to be your gracious host and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The rooms were big and roomy, the service was attentive, and the food was better than we expected. I attended a conference here during the first week of December. I stayed in a king room, but even with the big bed I still had room to move about. I didn't get a chance to use the workout facilities or the pool. The food they had sitting out for us was great. And, all the staff I interacted with were pleasant and knowledgeable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank shebaspack
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. We wil share them with our entire team.
Hephzibah
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Although this is not the cheapest hotel in Atlanta, if you are a Tech fan then you must stay at this hotel! There is a replica of the Ramblin' Wreck in the lobby and everywhere you look is gold, white and blue. Then when you look out your window, it is everything Tech! There are buses going by with Buzz on the side, students everywhere and more. It was the closest we will ever be to actually being Tech students! The hotel is clean, very well maintained and the staff is extremely courteous and helpful. Room service was very good and very affordable. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The hotel is very well laid out. I do not think there is a bad location to choose.