“Consistent and Friendly”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Purcellville, Virginia
“Consistent and Friendly”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on two separate occasions, both times the rooms were clean and comfortable. Close to Georgia Tech bookstore and business school. A few good restaurants with walking distance but hotel bar good too. Yason, the bartender is professional and courteous. I had two meals in the bar and they were very good. The wait staff at breakfast were equally friendly and efficient. I would recommend wholeheartedly to prospective Georgia Tech families, alumni and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you from the entire team here at Ga Tech Hotel and Conference Center for sharing feedback form your most recent visit with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit us and were able to enjoy a few of the wonderful benefits of the beautiful Midtown area. We will share all of your comments with our team and look forward to being your gracious host should your travel plans bring you back to Midtown, Atlanta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Nice, clean room. The restaurant service is a little lax but they are friendly and accommodating. The food is surprisingly good and reasonably priced (no $20 hamburgers here!). The breakfast buffet was very good as well and at $12, you can't beat it. However, when I had it, the food was only luke warm.

Overall, this is a good hotel. I'd recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here on Trip Advisor. We are deighted that you enjoed your stay but would like to offer our sncerest apology as it relates to your food and beverage experiece. We have shared your service comments with our restaurant manager and as well as our entire team. Again thank you for taking the time to provide us with the valuable feedack.
Hartsville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel and stayed over the night before. The hotel has everything you need and it is clean. The bar is a nice place for an evening snack and a drink. And the breakfast offered in the morning is great - anything you want is there. My guest room was perfect and the conference center itself was above par. I would return.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for sharing all the wonderful comments about your recent visit to our beautiful hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and will share all your comments with our entire team. We look forward to being your gracious host should your future travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center in January 2014. We were there for 2 nights. We loved the location and the ability to walk to Varsity's, Coca-Cola Museum and the Aquarium.

The staff was nice and the rooms were updated.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the tine to share feedback for your most recent visit with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy all of the wonderful offerings around the hotel here in Midtown, Atlanta. We will share all your comments with our entire team and look forward to seeing you again should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was apart of the conference that has been mention here twice already. We were one of the first few to put our names on the "que" for a room at 12:30pm. We were told we were 40th and 41st. We did not get a room until 4:45pm. We were lucky because probably 95% of the people did not have their rooms by the time the conference started.

Afterwards, I soon realized I was given a handicapped accessible room. It was designed for a wheel chair. As one of the first people to receive a room, I was confused why they handed out a handicapped accessible room so quickly. I didn't have a bathtub, so my entire bathroom floor would flood when I showered and I had no counter space for my things. I am also confused as to why their Handicapped Accessible room (designed for a wheelchair) was located on the SIXTH FLOOR. How are they going to get downstair in the case of an emergency?

The internet was complete crap. It worked on and off for the duration of the conference, because their service apparently can't handle 200 people. Seriously? One entire segment of our conference was screwed up because the internet wouldn't work.

My TV would lose its signal quite often. The gym is TINY. There was often a wait for a treadmill and forget trying to walk around if there's more than 5 people lifting.

The breakfast and lunch were actually decent. They had an omelet bar with a good choice of fillings and different egg options. And they offered different foods daily. The lunch was usually a choice of grilled chicken and either a beef or fish option. Good selection of steamed veggies as well. I try to eat healthy, and I surprisingly found there to be plenty of options for healthy eating.

Most of the employees were nice. A few of the dining room servers seemed irritated at times.

The bed sheets were a little dry and scratchy, but nothing too major or out of the ordinary for a hotel

The location is actually really great. It's withing walking distance to a lot of great restaurants. And because it's on Campus, it's very safe. I went out a few times by myself and I never felt uncomfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Holly R
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback during you recent visit. We sincerely apology for the inconvenience you experienced during the arrival process during your groups check-in. We are working very closely with our operations team to better improve our ability to overcome any of our customers having to wait any length of time past the normal 4pm check in time. We again offer our sincerest apology but hope you offer us the opportunity to regain your trust should your travel plans bring you back to Midtown Atlanta.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here for a business conference. We were required to stay here to attend the conference or we would still have to pay the hotel for other stuff. Doing that would have made the overall price very high. There were about 200 of us that stayed there. We got there on a Sunday to check in for a meeting that night. I didn't get a room til after 8pm (I got to the hotel at 2pm). They said the rooms weren't clean yet and they would get us in by 4pm. They just kept telling everyone they would let us know. The only people who got rooms even close to 4pm were the people who got irate at the on staff manager. To be expecting that many people and to be so unprepared was ridiculous. Everything was fine once I got my room. Great food, good amenities, good location. The unorganized start to my stay put me off for the entire week and probably wouldn't stay there again unless I was forced to (kinda like this time).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shawn S
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while my husband was attending a conference here. The rooms were clean and my husband had a good conference there. The location isn't that great and everything we wanted to do was quite a walk to get to. When we arrived Sunday evening the entire area was dead and we had a hard time finding somewhere to grab some food. It is right on the edge of Georgia Tech which could be convenient for some. Overall it was just fine.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your most recent visit with us.