“Second Stay Better Than First”

Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Durham, NC
“Second Stay Better Than First”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is my second stay at the GA Tech Hotel so I am familiar with the hotel and its facilities.

Check in took the longest time with two staff handling check ins. I arrived with friends late afternoon on a Saturday. The line wasn't long but it was taking the guests ahead of me an extraordinary length of time to finish up checking in. It would have been good if a third member of staff had come out or been brought out to handle incoming guests.

The room on the fifth floor was quite and clean. The mattress was firm and not sagging so I had two nights good sleep (I stayed for two nights). The bathroom was a good size for three guests but the bathtub drained so very slow. We did not notify anyone about this and this was the second hotel in this trip that had the same problem. It would be good if housekeeping cleaned or checked bathtubs for blockages to ensure the next guests had a bathtub that drained normally.

I ate one buffet breakfast at the hotel. It was late Sunday morning of my stay, about half an hour before breakfast ended so hot food was not so fresh but it was still edible. The covered platter labelled sausage and bacon contained no sausage and I guess due to the time, no sausage was going to be prepared so it would have been good to alter or switch the sign accordingly. Staff working breakfast were somewhat friendly enough. I got the feeling they were bored due to their facial expressions. The exception was the man who seated us. He seemed to be cheerful and his demeanor was a good start to breakfast. The cost seemed reasonable at $10.95 plus tax.

My only complaint about the stay was actually concerning confirmation of my booking. I booked via a group code and I received one email that simply restated the reservation. It was not a confirmation but it was correct. About a day later I received an official confirmation, a pdf document attached to an email. This was incorrect for so many reasons. It had the wrong number of guests, the wrong date, the wrong type of room. My address was not complete on this document either. I called twice to get this corrected and an amended pdf confirmation sent out. I had to call multiple times because no-one answered the phone.

One thing lacking from the emails from the hotel to confirm my booking was the check in and check out times were not mentioned. I called to get that information.

I might stay here again when returning to Atlanta but if I find a comparable class hotel with the same rate but free parking. $18.00 per 24 hours for in and out parking is rather expensive to me.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the elevators. On this occasion, I stayed in a room overlooking the inner cou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and will share all of your comments with the entire team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My work team stayed here while in Atlanta for a tech conference and did not know what to expect. This hotel went beyond our expectations. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds very comfortable and towels plush. The best part of our stay was the impeccable service! All the employees we interacted with at the front desk, in the dining room and at the bar area were very professional and friendly. They would go out of their way to make sure our requests and needs were met. Thank you Georgia Tech Hotel team!

1 Thank YoGos
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are dlieghted that you enjoyed your recent visit with we will share all of your cemments with our entire team. We look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.
Easley

Hospitality A+
Service A+

We have determined that this is where we want to hold all our future meetings. The meeting room was fabulous, and the dining was superb. All staff were friendly and extremely professional. Every member of our team gave enthusiastic remarks regarding this hotel. I'm certain that we will be scheduling many future meetings at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank AbeBulldog
Thank you for the great review of our property on Trip Advisor. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We will share all for your comments with our entire team.
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our company chose the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference center for a recent meeting site. The meeting rooms were spacious, the chairs were very comfortable, and the room was set up exactly to our specifications. The snacks and drinks available during our breaks were great and both the breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent. A big thank you to the General Manager, David Chesney, who even made it down just before our meetings started to be sure we had just what we needed. The rooms were very clean and beds comfy. The Club Room Bar area was very spacious, well decorated with attentive staff. Cleary we had a fantastic stay and plan to use the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center for all of our future Atlanta meetings. Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jay B
We are so delighted that your meeting experience here at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center Hotel was outstanding. We will share all of yuor comments with our entire team.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel last week during a training and the staff are what really made our experience phenomenal! The hotel is conveniently located in Midtown and within walking distance of several restaurants/shops/grocery store. There is even a GT Trolley for commuting to the MARTA station should you wish to venture further. But I must commend the staff for being the most hospitable that I have experienced. Thank you to Richard, Charlene, Jennifer, Lauren, Patrick and Falishia for making our stay so pleasant and for always offering your services with a smile. This was our first stay but I would definitely return!

1 Thank 214Sparkle1999
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. We are delighted we exceeded your expaectaions during your recent visit. We know you have hotel options in the MIdtown Atlanta area and thank you for the opportunity to be your gracious host. We will share all of your comments with our entire team.
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here while attending a conference at GWCC. Clean and very nice facility, very friendly and helpful staff. About a 6-8 block walk to Marta station to reach GWCC. Nearby restaurants were nice and good values.

1 Thank Kel88c
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a concert at Philips Arena. The entire staff was courteous and helpful. We had lots of questions about getting around the area for the concert and everyone we spoke with was glad to help. The room was well-furnished and clean, the beds were very comfortable and we had a larger than typical bathroom with a nice tub. The toiletries were luxurious and I enjoyed using the internet with no password requirement. It was difficult to get through on the reservation line but the front desk answered my questions and I made my reservations easily online. The next time I'm in Atlanta, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhondia L
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. Yes indeed, providing unparalleled "Southern Hospitality" is a focus of our entire team here at our beautiful property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. Even more so that your shared your feedback with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor every day. We will share all of your comments with our entire team.