“Great location!”

Ranked #7 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Location was perfect in Midtown across from GA Tech bookstore. The Tech trolley was convenient for traveling. The room was clean and the beds slept great! Bellhop was friendly. More counter space in the bathroom and hooks to place clothes on would be helpful. The pool was clean but no large towels available.

Stayed July 2014
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. As a senior review we value you reconition of great service along with a great facility. We wil share all of your comments with our entire team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Home
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Very happy, excellent size room with effective air con. Staff really welcoming, nothing too much trouble for them. Minor downside was no room fridge to keep water etc. cool
Friendly bar. Only ate at breakfast time, plenty of choice.
Overall would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful coments. We appreciate your feedback and will share all of your comments with our entire team.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was truly a great experience. The price of the hotel was very reasonable. Access to the Marta Train to get to and from the Airport and hotel were in great proximity of it each. They have great restaurants in that area in walking distance that way you don't have to drive and have to pay parking via parking meters. There was a mini Wal-Mart convenient store just two building down that way if you need anything you didn't have to go far. I will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and make reservations when I visit ATL in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
We are delighted that you shared your wonderful experience with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor each day. We look forward sharing all of your wonderful comments with our entire team. We would be delighted to be your gracious host when your travel plans bring ou back to Midtown Atlanta.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was truly a pleasant surprise. The price was very reasonable. The room was spacious as well as nice. The staff was exceptional and very helpful (When you visit make sure you stop by the bar and speak to bartender Yeson, he is very informative). Breakfast was superb. We did not order from the menu but from the buffet which we thought was the better deal. The location is close to many of the attractions. You can choose to walk or ride the city transportation. The next time I visit the Atlanta downtown area this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted that your experience was memorable and will share all of your comments with our entire team.
Durham, NC
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is my second stay at the GA Tech Hotel so I am familiar with the hotel and its facilities.

Check in took the longest time with two staff handling check ins. I arrived with friends late afternoon on a Saturday. The line wasn't long but it was taking the guests ahead of me an extraordinary length of time to finish up checking in. It would have been good if a third member of staff had come out or been brought out to handle incoming guests.

The room on the fifth floor was quite and clean. The mattress was firm and not sagging so I had two nights good sleep (I stayed for two nights). The bathroom was a good size for three guests but the bathtub drained so very slow. We did not notify anyone about this and this was the second hotel in this trip that had the same problem. It would be good if housekeeping cleaned or checked bathtubs for blockages to ensure the next guests had a bathtub that drained normally.

I ate one buffet breakfast at the hotel. It was late Sunday morning of my stay, about half an hour before breakfast ended so hot food was not so fresh but it was still edible. The covered platter labelled sausage and bacon contained no sausage and I guess due to the time, no sausage was going to be prepared so it would have been good to alter or switch the sign accordingly. Staff working breakfast were somewhat friendly enough. I got the feeling they were bored due to their facial expressions. The exception was the man who seated us. He seemed to be cheerful and his demeanor was a good start to breakfast. The cost seemed reasonable at $10.95 plus tax.

My only complaint about the stay was actually concerning confirmation of my booking. I booked via a group code and I received one email that simply restated the reservation. It was not a confirmation but it was correct. About a day later I received an official confirmation, a pdf document attached to an email. This was incorrect for so many reasons. It had the wrong number of guests, the wrong date, the wrong type of room. My address was not complete on this document either. I called twice to get this corrected and an amended pdf confirmation sent out. I had to call multiple times because no-one answered the phone.

One thing lacking from the emails from the hotel to confirm my booking was the check in and check out times were not mentioned. I called to get that information.

I might stay here again when returning to Atlanta but if I find a comparable class hotel with the same rate but free parking. $18.00 per 24 hours for in and out parking is rather expensive to me.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the elevators. On this occasion, I stayed in a room overlooking the inner cou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and will share all of your comments with the entire team.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My work team stayed here while in Atlanta for a tech conference and did not know what to expect. This hotel went beyond our expectations. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds very comfortable and towels plush. The best part of our stay was the impeccable service! All the employees we interacted with at the front desk, in the dining room and at the bar area were very professional and friendly. They would go out of their way to make sure our requests and needs were met. Thank you Georgia Tech Hotel team!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank YoGos
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are dlieghted that you enjoyed your recent visit with we will share all of your cemments with our entire team. We look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.
Easley
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hospitality A+
Service A+

We have determined that this is where we want to hold all our future meetings. The meeting room was fabulous, and the dining was superb. All staff were friendly and extremely professional. Every member of our team gave enthusiastic remarks regarding this hotel. I'm certain that we will be scheduling many future meetings at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank AbeBulldog
Thank you for the great review of our property on Trip Advisor. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We will share all for your comments with our entire team.