“Very Dissapointed in Recent Stay”

Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Elberton, Georgia
“Very Dissapointed in Recent Stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am extremely disappointed in my most recent stay. I made reservations three months in advance for a course I was attending through Georgia Tech Professional Education. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that the hotel was overbooked and that they would move me to another hotel and take care of those charges. Additionally, the hotel that they sent me to was substandard. After already having one horrible experience at the GA Tech Hotel, I made reservations to stay again because the course I was taken was held at the Global Learning Center. One would think that guests who reserve a room three months in advance for the purposes of attending a Georgia Tech course at the Global Learning Center would be guaranteed a room. However this was not the case. I would certainly have appreciated a phone call in advance of check-in notifying me of the error. That way I could make arrangements at another hotel that met my expectations, as opposed to the hotel that I was referred to. I was also informed that it is common practice of the hotel to overbook to allow for cancellations. While this is probably customary in the hotel industry, it is poor customer service, especially to those customers utilizing more than just the hotel. I would absolutely NOT recommend that any of my colleagues, family, or friends stay at the hotel, not only because of the generally unfriendly staff, but also because of their inability to meet customer expectations on many different levels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank alwaysonthego4488
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
On behalf of our entire staff please accept our sincerest apology. We indeed where over one hundred percent capacity on your arrival night and this unfortunately resulted us relocating your reservation. We truly understand the inconvenience this may have caused and made every effort to provide comparable accommodations (at no charge) for you at a neighboring hotel. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to regain your trust and allow us the opportunity to be your gracious host should you travel plans bring you back to the Midtown Atlanta area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our company hosted a 600-person industry conference at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center last month, and could not be more thrilled with our experience there! In fact, we loved it so much, that we're bringing the event back to the GTHCC next year.

The entire planning process (8 months) was smooth and flawlessly executed from the sales stage to the actual live event. The conference space is very professional. Many of our attendees stayed on site and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The food served was by far the best we have had at any conference we've run (and we do these events in 4 continents!).

I have to comment on the service we received from the GTHCC staff - they were EXCEPTIONAL, both in the planning process and on-site. Anytime we needed anything, we were helped quickly and with a great attitude. We loved our event manager, Yolanda, so much, that we demanded to get her next year (and it's in our contract ;)). Stephanie in Sales, Warren in catering, and Candace at PSAV (the in-house tech supplier) were all fantastic to work with.

Can't recommend hosting an event (or staying) at the GTHCC enough. Thank you for making our event so great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback form your recent visit with us. We are delighted that you allowed us the opportunity to be your gracious host and look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Midtown Atlanta in the near future.
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The Georgia Tech Inn and Conference Center was clean and comfortable. The staff at the reception desk were friendly and extremely helpful. We requested directions to several area attractions and information was swiftly and accurately supplied.

The hotel features wireless throughout and iMac computers in the lobby for guests. It was a convenient location from which to visit Georgia Tech as well as do a bit of sight seeing. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for allowing us to be your gracious host. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were in town for an event at the hotel and arrived early so we went into the Lobby Bar. Kenny and Lee were our bartender and server! Best service I have ever received from a bar/restaurant. The food was outstanding and the service from both .was beyond excellent. They were able to tell us about the buffet they do on GT game days, parking in the area, etc. We had such a nice experience with an early dinner because of them. So friendly I felt like I had found a bar like "Cheers". Will definitely return when I am back in Atlanta.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for wonderful review. We are delighted that shared this wonderful experience with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. We aill share all of your comments with our entire team.
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not the cleanest bathroom, but fabulous location to get to football games, freshman dorms and west side of GT Campus. Actually, it is ON a newer part of campus that crosses over I-85/I75. Also, the GA Trolley stops right at hotel.
The breakfast was expensive $15 and it was a nice buffet and omelet station, but for my money, I prefer the Waffle House right out the north door of hotel and full breakfast for $5. Don't fret, it was a nicer "GT" WH. Many choices of restaurants right out the door. Park your car and leave it there!

I do have to note that the person who services the room wore her plastic gloves in the bathrooms and then came over to fluff up our pillow and touch our sheets:yuk! The bathroom floor was not clean and few other problems with bathroom, but seemed like a nice enough hotel. Hotel is cute --decked out in gold and navy for GT with a "rambling wreck" automobile in lobby.

Room Tip: It is in a city: you are going to hear noise so higher up the better. Maybe the rooms on the west si...
Green Features: Nothing really evident Except for the average "re-use your towels unless on the floor" and new sheets only every fourth day,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ncaggia
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We ceratinly appreciate and value all of your comments and will share them with our entire team.
LaFayette, GA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for my son's FASET orientation at Georgia Tech. Everything was great and convenient!! Enjoyed the breakfast - BEST omelet (house special) ever!!! Staff was very friendly. Look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feebdack with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again during a future stay in Midtown, Atlanta.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Located in a nice safe area in the city close to everything in midtown and downtown Atlanta. The service in the hotel was amazing. The food was great and available all day. We walked everywhere. Has a small fitness center and small indoor pool. Very quiet hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you feebdack with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again during a future stay in Midtown, Atlanta.