“Visiting Atlanta”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Visiting Atlanta”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I just came back from my third visit to this wonderful Hotel in Mid-Town Atlanta located within the Georgia Tech campus. The first time I stayed at the Georgia Tech Hotel was when we took our son to a college tour, a year before he graduated High School. I was immediately impressed with the quality of lighting and the immaculate state of the lobby.
Our check-in process was smooth, no problem finding our reservation, no difficulty checking out.
The room was ample and both the bathroom and the sleeping area were neat and clean. We (my wife and son) stayed only three nights since we were running on a tight schedule.
What amazed me though was when I took my son to Atlanta once he decided to attend Tech. The first thing that impressed me was that the Front Desk personnel remembered mer from my previous stay almost a year earlier; this was a heartwarming reception and an example of excellent hospitality. To add a small detail, I will say that I am a Gumbo lover yet saw that it was on the menu of day after we left. I pleaded for a taste, but it was not ready yet. The second time I stayed at the Hotel, Ms Monica Hopson (House Keeping Manager) recalled the fact that I loved Gumbo and to my surprise stopped me at the lobby just to let me know that Gumbo would be served the following day and to remember to ask for it.
As far as location goes it is near the Fox theater, an array of excellent restaurants and informal eateries as well as the MARTA (Public transportation Bus/Underground) station. A taxi is always readily available outside the hotel as well as a very inexpensive valet parking if you wish to rent a car.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank farid-adel
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and will share all of your comments with our entire team. Thank for the wonderful comments about all of your visits with us. We are delighted that we have become your home away from home for your son for the next four years. We are delighted to have him as a member of the GT family. It was great to hear that Monica remebered you from your previous visits and your request for the wonderful GUMBO we serve in our restaurant. We will share all of your comments with our entire team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This well-located property in midtown Atlanta was so convenient to our concert at Fox Theater. Likewise, easy short walk to great food options, Starbucks and Ga Tech campus environs. The interior is immaculate, modern and attractive. In house convenience store was a welcome source of bottled drinks, snacks and necessities. Solicitous staff. Rooms are spacious, super-clean, beds very comfortable, great climate control and very quiet. Parking convenient in an adjacent garage was $15 (expected in any mid-city hotel). Everything one could want in a comfortable place to overnight. Looking forward to our return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank larnole
Kathleen, GA
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife took me to Atlanta for my birthday and we stayed here. It was great! We were 5 minutes from everything we wanted to do, we could have walked if we had known where we are going.

As for the hotel itself. I don't have anything but praise for the place, doubly so considering that it was much less expensive that the other hotels in the area. If you stay here, get the in-and-out parking pass so you don't have to pay for parking every time you come and go.

The room was very nice (again especially considering the price) and the hotel has all the amenities you would expect from a downtown hotel.

Given the chance, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Check in parking is a little tricky. Make sure you don't stop in the taxi lane.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scottinkga
Ricky P, Public Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback from you recent visit with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and will share your kind comments about the hotel with our entire team. We would love to have you visit us again soon.
Ringwood
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had many packages delivered to the hotel. My son is starting as a freshmen at ga tech and I come from nj. The security manager David Squires went above and beyond. I have never experienced such service. He called me when packages were delivered And made sure it was all kept together. I felt comfortable knowing that someone cared about my stuff. When I arrived I met David and he helped me retrieve all my stuff.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Aamador
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for all the wonderful comments about Davis Squires. With another exciting school year upon us we look forward to seeing again very soon.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had a wonderful stay here. Everyone was so friendly and kind. It's impossible to name all the staff but the following went above the call of duty to make our stay more pleasurable: Shante, Roberta, Glen, Bobbie, Latoya, Sam and last but not least, Lee!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your wonferful feedback. We are indeed excited another school year in upon us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share all of your comments with our entire team. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Shillong, India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a great stay at Georgia tech in Jun-July 2014. Staff were very cordial & helpful. It is very centrally located, too. Many eating joints & shops near the Hotel, within walking distance. Breakfast was excellent every morning. Having a gym & pool in the premises means we get off to a fresh start every morning, too! The room was very comfortable. The guest laundry system is an added benefit. Keep it up, Georgia Tech!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted that you have great "Memories of Georgia Tech." We will share all your comments with our entire team.
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great property and perfect location for Georgia Tech families. Book early as they fill up fast. Breakfast is good and you can walk to campus. Rooms are very comfortable and the price is reasonable. Very centrally located in Atlanta close to the campus and restaurants. Very near the CNN building and Coca Cola.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank winrobaaa
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback form your recent visit with us. We are delighted you allowed us the opportunity your be your gracious host. We look forward to hosting you again when you return to Midtown, Atlanta.