“Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red and Green Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #727 of 3,906 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I found a special coupon being offered at the Red and Green Brazilian Restaurant in Northeast Atlanta and decided to go there. We are from out of town and were in Atlanta for a few days for business and a show. We had been to Brazilian restaurants in other cities and found that we enjoyed the variety of meats served. When we entered the small shopping center where the restaurant was we almost turned around. It was not an upscale area, and with a large massage parlor just a few doors down, the area worried us. But we decided to go anyhow.
When we entered we found a very well appointed restaurant which was full of customers. We were seated promptly. They offer a soup and salad bar along with the meats. I have been to many salad bars but I must say theirs displayed the freshest foods that I can remember. My wife usually does not care for salad bards due to the hit and miss nature of them. She piled her plate high and loved it, as did I. They provided a wine with the meal due to our coupon and we found a large selection and selected a Napa Valley wine which was very good.
They soon began bringing the meats by our table and we loaded up. I especially found the sirloin and filet minion to be tender and very good. I could have skipped the chicken, which I did not care for, as it came in small pieces wrapped in bacon. But except for that, the food and service was very good and with the discount coupon it was a bargain.
My wife said we should come back here again and I would agree.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank AuburnBirmingham

Atlanta, Georgia
“A Meat-eaters Dream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am shocked by all the negative reviews of the Red and Green. My wife, youngest son, and I visited on June 7th and really enjoyed it. I have seen three main issues on previous reviews that I’d like to address.
The food:
My son and I ate our weight in meat while my wife did a “healthier” balance of meat and salad. While her salad looked great, I thought it would take up too much valuable stomach room that could be used for meat! Seriously, taste is very subjective but we all enjoyed our dinner.
The service:
As some have indicated, I too noticed somewhat of a language barrier with some of the staff. That certainly did not affect the quality of the service. Actually, it enhanced it for us. Our drink glasses were never empty, there was always a cheese roll on our plate, when we would ask for a certain type of meat, it was presented within seconds. The staff always smiled and seemed genuinely pleased that we were their guest.
The Price using a coupon:
We used a Livingsocial coupon which sounds similar to the Groupon deal. $55 Dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine up to $30. On our deal, it states taxes not included as well as "An 18% gratuity charge will be automatically added to all bills (based on the pre-discounted total)”. I’m not sure if the Groupon deal is that clear but we went into dinner expecting these charges.

So, in short, we loved the Red and Green. Without Livingsocial we would not have found them and now I’m sure we will be going back.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank mringold
Atlanta
“Less pricy than similar restaurants but as nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is definitely a place to go if you love meat. This is actually a pretty good deal for a churrascaria. It has very well cooked meat and a simple but nice salad bar. Although the meat is of similar quality compare to Fogo De Chao for instance (I cannot really tell the difference), the salad bar is less exciting. It does not have the nice charcuteries and cheeses that Fogo De Chao has. However, for the "budget conscious" people who try to have a good time and a good meat experience, this is a perfect place to start. Also, be aware that the meat menu is not exactly the same for lunch and for dinner. Usually, lunch has fewer meat options than dinner. This is also why it is cheaper for lunch than for dinner. Oh, and yes, they have delicious cheese rolls...

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Bloubliu
Cartersville, Georgia
“Greedy and Deceitful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner on a 2 for one coupon. It included a bottle of wine as well for $55. The "salad and sides" table was a generic salad bar. There were several meat carvers who came around with a variety of meats that were actually good. As we are not drinkers, we would have preferred the option of a soft drink instead of the wine. When we were ready to leave, we were hit with a bill of $26.50 for tax and gratuity. We planned on leaving gratuity as we did like the service of the carvers. As I explained what tax would actually be on $55, the cashier said tax was figured on the full price of $106 and then 18% gratuity. In reality, this was a 25% off coupon. If all you want is a dinner of meat in a nice looking restaurant for a high price than this is the place for you.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank gitchoo
“Just eat the meat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Been several times with a groupon. Meat always good. Salad bar is pretty sad, so don't go unless you want to eat a lot of meat. Service has always been pleasant. A solid experience.

2 Thank AC1DC2AC3