“Awesome Atlanta!”

and up
Full Day Black History Day Trip to Alabama Sites
Ranked #24 of 59 Tours in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of Atlanta picks up at most hotels located near the Airport, Downtown,Midtown and Buckhead Atlanta. We offer both individual and group tours. While on board, hear interesting facts about the city and experience the rich history and culture of Atlanta. Our Hop On/Hop Off tours feature multiple preselected stops where you can "hop off" to go shopping, eat, or tour attractions, such as the World of Coca Cola. We also offer specialty "themed" tours; for example, shopping enthusiasts love our Elegant Homes and Shopping Tour, and sports lovers enjoy our Stadium Tour. Groups can choose from our existing itineraries or customize tours to suit specific needs.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure to have this bus tour of Atlanta in June 2013. Despite the heat, the A/C bus and the driver and guide were awesome. We stopped at so many great points of interest and they kindly let us stay for more than 30 minutes in some places like Barves Field, the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial and his first place of residence, CNN, Coca-Cola. Can I go on? Finally, we were left at one of the most awesome food joints in downtown Atlanta, right near where we were picked up for our tour. Everything worked like clockwork yet it was so personal and customized. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Tom Terrific and Mermaid Mary

7  Thank TomTerrific51

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our opinion of this tour is mixed.
The plus is:
* they will pick you up at several hotel sites and Marta
* the person doing the tour seemed nice and conscientious though oddly with only about 12 on the small tour bus, she repeatedly told us to raise our hand to give the right answer to her questions so she could pass out candy bars for the correct answer.... would rather have had one person concentrating on the driving
The cons are:
* this tour is not as comprehensive and organized as the standard greylines are
* except for some time at the Martin Luther King site and a stop for lunch, there was no time to do anything else but stop maybe 2 times for a few minutes for photo ops at the other sites
* bus windows were not clean
* driver was answering phone calls while driving and once on freeway was trying to plug in her phone- the driver and the guide are the same person
* bus broke down at lunch time, but company did get cabs for us to return us to our hotels

7  Thank Bea r
Reviewed 24 September 2013

As a native of South Carolina, I have visited Atlanta often for its convenience of shopping, visiting family or enjoying a night out of town. However, during our family’s 50th reunion my aunt organized a city tour there. I think the highlight of the tour was how the tour guide was able to accommodate such a large group and keep the interest of various ages.
It was a new experience, I can now see Atlanta in a new light and more important I can be informative about its culture and myths. I was so impressed how we were able to see so much in a short amount of time not taking for granted how everything was done for us and how interactive the tour guide was. While I have taken many tours and some of them for free this was one adventure worth paying for. My aunt has now made taking a tour of the city part of our family’s reunion tradition. I would definitely recommend Tours of Atlanta to a friend.

1  Thank love0609
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I thought this was a real find...an overall view and feel of Atlanta for my many out-of-town visitors. The idea is great but it needs to be smoothed out and perfected. The day in the Blue Bus started with the driver being 1/2 hour late for pickup. Visitors from Australia were also stranded with us. The day proceeded going by some Atlanta highpoints with some interesting facts. The driver/guide, however, was not well trained and kept repeating some facts and -surprisingly- getting some facts wrong or woefully incomplete. When lunch time came, she dropped us at Atlantic Station (which is simply adorable) for an hour lunch. She directed us to be back by 2. All attendees were back at our designated pickup point at exactly 2....no tour guide or blue bus. At 2:20 several of us began calling the company..my visitor from Seattle was hung up on when she inquired about reimbursement. At 2:30 our guide showed up to let us know that she had left the van on to listen to the radio and have air-conditioning during her lunch and now it would not start. At 2:50, a van cab showed up to take us on the rest of the tour. We directed him to take us back to our car at "The Varsity'. I have always enjoyed such tours in the various places I have gone i.e. NY, Chicago, Miami, SanFrancisco, Portland, Seattle, Paris, Rome.....NEVER has one been so poorly run. I do hope "Tours of Atlanta" gets their act together as it could and should be a valuable resource for visitors to the city.

4  Thank GetzResults
ToursOfAtlanta, Manager at Tours of Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Tours of Atlanta prides ourselves in excellent sightseeing experiences for our guests, and we apologize that your tour with us was not satisfactory. We are currently the only company offering half day tours for individuals with hotel pickups at hotels spanning from Buckhead to the Airport complimentary. With this service, variances such as morning traffic can delay pick up times occasionally depending on the number of different pickup locations. On the day of your tour, an issue with the vehicle caused a delay in the departure from an indoor/outdoor mall. Our number one priority was making sure the tour was completed and that all participants were returned to their starting destinations in a timely manner, safely and comfortably. We are also committed to continuous tour guide training to ensure historical information is accurate. We have conducted 100’s of Tours in Atlanta, and we are very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We are frequent visitors to Atlanta, and thought we were knowledgeable about the history and background of the city. Well, when we left this tour we had a much more thorough understanding of the beauty and culture of Atlanta. The tourist sites were a great experience, and included the The Martin Luther King Center, The Jimmy Carter Museum, The Atlanta Station(where we enjoyed a respite, that included shopping, and a good meal), and more.
Everything was well planned and thought out. The Sunday we toured there was a Marathon, which required manipulation of the schedule and the route , but you would not have known that because of the skill and planning of the Tour Manager.
We must say, one of the highlights of the Tour was the enthusiasm and knowledge of our Tour Guide Carmella. She has an in-depth and thorough knowledge of all things Atlanta, from Historical Sites, The Origination of Neighborhoods, Civil War History, Current Architecture, Popular Restaurants and Meals, Local Culture, Transportations, Sports Teams and more. She was very engaging, and generally could answer all questions, or find the answers.
We would not hesitate to use and recommend this Tour company again, and I have current plans to recommend them to my Corporate relocation contacts, so that they can get a true perspective of Atlanta from different angles. This is a must see tour.

5  Thank JeffAndRoxx