“Hilton Garden Inn”

Ranked #23 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Camden, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This hotel is amazing! The service is impeccable and the staff were more than willing to do anything to make our stay comfortable. The hotel itself is beautifully designed. Our room was spotless and the bed was beyond what I would consider comfortable. One thing that really impressed me was I couldn't hear anything going on in the hotel at all when I went to sleep. No other t.v's, nothing! For a light sleeper it was heaven! The food at the hotel was AMAZING. We ate there for Breakfast and Lunch. The rooftop pool is very secluded, and even had daybeds to lounge on! The gym was super nice as well! I will definitely be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown. We are proud to offer our guests a state-of-the-art Garden Sleep System® bed and are glad you found it so comfortable. I have passed your review on to our General Manager so he can share your kind comments with the rest of our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Staff goes out of the way to make pleasant stay, but just too much 'trouble' to make the stay enjoyable.

To me, for a new hotel and HIG brand this hotel was extremely loud! Hallway noise, traffic noise, thin walls, etc. I heard my neighbor clearly take a shower and flush (way too much info I know!!) This hotel does not also the adjustable comfort beds either - one of the reason I usually stay at Hilton Garden Inn when traveling.

I just would not stay here again due to the access to my car. I am not a valet fan and the extra daily tips it entails. In the mornings make sure to leave an extra 15 minutes in your schedule to get your car out of valet. Parking is extremely limited in valet area and both HIG and Homewood Suites use the same space.

FYI-Coffee is available in the lobby, but breakfast buffett is $11.95/person.

Room Tip: If there is a way to get away from the I75/I85 traffic side I would do it. I think I opened my wind...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank orreo5859
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for your review and we are sorry you left the hotel feeling unsatisfied. While we do not have the adjustable beds we do offer Hilton’s new state-of-the-art Garden Sleep System® bed and apologize that you did not find the new bed as comfortable as the adjustable beds. I have also passed along your feedback to our general manager to share with the valet to ensure we learn from your experience.
south carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, rooms were nice,front desk staff nice and smiles. Parking is a problem. Like all Atlanta downtown hotels, parking is scarce. Only option is valet. Had to get something out of my car after dinner and they would not let me walk to car to get. Hd to walk with attendant up stairs, to get something out. Of course had to tip for him to walk to car. Like they'd ere holding car hostage. Next morning I called down and said I was coming down please bring car around, was told when you come down will get car. Probably will not stay here next trip, too many other good options

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize that you had an unpleasant experience with our valet however, I can assure you the valet was not escorting you solely for a tip. It is company policy that all hotel guests be escorted to their vehicles for several reasons. The most important is that we want ensure the safety and security of all our guests and their vehicles. Secondly, we require a valet attendant to escort guests as the valet knows precisely where the vehicle is located and can show you right to your car as opposed to allowing our guests to wonder the area searching for their vehicle. We have notified our valet manager of your comments though to guarantee this policy is clearly stated to our guests. We do sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us one more time as we would love to have the opportunity to make your next visit a pleasant one. Thank you again for your review.
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Sparkling hotel. Beautiful lobby. Very helpful staff. Great beds and pillows make for a very comfortable stay. Only draw back, they down have call down valet car parking. When paying $22 a day you should be able to call down for your car and not wait in a long line. Unpredictable wait times a drag.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank stasiakay
Thank you for review of our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown. We are pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We do apologize that you experienced a long wait for your car. We do try to retrieve vehicles as quickly as possible and have shared your feedback with our valet manager so that we can learn from your experience. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.
Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is fairly new. It's nothing special, but it is the most affordable spot in midtown. Accordingly, it seems to be getting a lot of traffic and wear and tear is already noticeable. Valet parking (the only option) costs an additional $22 per night.

I would prefer not to stay here again if staying in the midtown area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear ebum192, Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We do apologize for any noticeable wear and tear and will certainly look into what we can do to address this issue. Additionally, we understand if you would like to try another hotel in the area however, we would love to have the opportunity to host you again.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Amazingly friendly staff, top notch service and smiles all around in this brand new hotel in Midtown. Meeting services staff was fantastic. Excellent service and effort to make us feel welcome. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Thank William H. I
We love when our guests enjoy there stay and are so glad you had such wonderful experiences with our staff. Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers. We hope to see you again soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed here in April for a girl's weekend. New hotel, so very clean with nice finishings. Close to Atlantic Station, shopping and eateries. 15 or so minute walk to downtown restaurants. Pool was nice as was the fitness center. Good breakfast, too. I will definitely stay here the next time we're in ATL!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Jackie S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Maria, Thank you for your 5 star posting. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown and appreciate you sharing your review with other travelers. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to hosting you in Atlanta again soon.