“Great downtown location”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #25 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Planned a trip to down town Atlanta. This hotel is located in close proximity to Georgia Tech, Emory hospital,Peachstreet, Piedmont park, Centenal Park, CNN, Georgia Aquarium and many more down town sites. Its was a bit confusing to find the parking entrance once getting off I 75. There is a $22/day parking fee which is your only option because there is hardly any parking areas down town. Both the Hilton garden inn and Home suite hotel are connected so it can be confusing. The room was very nice. I stayed on the 12th floor over looking I 75. Eventhough I was so high up you can still hear the noise from the traffic at rush hour but nothing that is unbearable. The bedding was really clean and comfortable. Only thing is that it is the smalled king size bed i have ever slept on. The entry way to the room had beautiful "wood" which I later found out was tile made to look like wood. the bathroom was modern and clean. One draw back about the room is that the mini fridge was so loud it woke me up several times. There is a pool on the fifth floor. The pool area had several really nice stone fire pits which would have been great to use if it were cooler outside. I did not find a resturant but there is an area where you can purchase breakfast for about $12. Its was unlimited and the food was fresh. For a major city, that was a very safe area and I was not afraid to walk around alone. Also if you need to purchase groceries, there is a publix 2 blocks away. Enjoyed my stay. Will definately go back

Room Tip: ask for a room on the highest floor. it will help cut down on the traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for recently staying with us. We're glad to hear you found our location convenient. We do apologize that your refrigerator in your room was so loud. We've already alerted our Maintenance Supervisor of the comment so that they can address the issue for future guests. Thank you for bringing that to our attention and for leaving your review of our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Door so heavy could not get in. the door was locked a 1;00 p.m. Told no rooms ready and didn't no my name. Could not get extra pillows and blanket was thrown on the floor and taken away everyday. I do not steal. ALWAYS out of cookies. the manager reduced the limit per day. Major construction 2 doors down because 6 room on 2 floor were completely flood. Refused to move my room. I am bipolar and almost had a nervous breakdown because they calmed I had left soiled marks on the shirt and was going to charge me $100.00 Thrown out of hotel before I could pack, shower and take my very necessary medications

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed there with my son. Visiting Georgia Tech. Really nice hotel. At night, not really walking distance from anything. Atlanta is kind of car-centric. In the day, could walk to places. It's a good place, just need to consider that you will need to walk some distance to restaurants, offices and Georgia Tech. No cabs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you leaving your feedback for others and hope we will see you again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Waited for over 20 minutes for the bartender to bring me a vodka soda. He forgot to put my food order in and then forgot it. Came back 10 minutes later to ask me what I wanted again. Bar atmosphere at night is uninviting and service is poor. Front desk was friendly and professional at check-in, but when I called down to ask about wifi they seemed "bothered". Rooms are fine. Didnt realize the ONLY parking option was valet until I arrived of course there's a fee for that.... Glad its only one night!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kirby4134

We are deeply sorry to hear about your recent experience. We have already alerted both our Front Office Manager and Food & Beverage Manager about the incidents you mentioned. We can assure you this is not the standard by which we operate. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our property to you on your next visit and thank you for making us aware of these issues.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Pros: We grabbed a great internet bargain, <50% of posted rate for a king size room, immaculately clean and excellently presented. Close to Midtown Marta station, walking distance to many attractions. Friendly, helpful service.

Cons: Our request for a room on a lower floor was lost in the system. The bar itself was fine but the meal we had there was expensive and frankly a bit mediocre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback of our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown. We are glad you enjoyed our staff and location. We do apologize that your room request was lost and that you did not enjoy your meal with us. We have already passed these comments along to our management team and appreciate your comments. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Atlanta so that we can provide you with an excellent stay.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This Hilton Garden have been the best Hilton I have every stay in. The clerk at the front desk was awesome Olivia made me feel like I was at home very welcome.. she told ne about all the attration and restaurant in the area.. I asked for one of the quiet room and she give me just that..she went over and beyond to make my stay the best.. my room was the best house keeper s was very nice and friendly they also did a awesome.. the breakfast was great..

• Stayed: October 2013

We are so happy to hear about your recent visit and that Olivia provided you with such excellent customer service!! Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers and we can't wait to see you again next time you are in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

the staff was very friendly,helpful and courteous ,the hotel was clean and they all went out of their way for us. I would definetly go back. matthew facenda front desk clerk was exceptional. everything was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your review. We love hearing when our guests have such a great stay with us. We have shared your review with our staff along with Matthew so they can read your praise as well. Thank you again for your comments.