Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown
US$244
US$209
  • Pool
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center(Atlanta)
US$236
US$126
US$118
US$361
  • Room Service
All reviewsgeorgia techgreat locationvalet parkingjunior suitepiedmont parkvalet servicefront desk stafftwo blocksnice hotelclean roomswalking distancemarta stationper dayeasy accessenjoyed my staynice roombusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I decided to try the new Hilton Garden Inn in Midtown during a recent business trip. I had decided to do so based on a former experience staying at a Hilton Garden Inn in New Orleans several years ago. This new property was the office where I was doing business, so it seemed like a good property to try, even with it's higher prices.

I arrived and was greeted by two desk clerks, the male clerk was welcoming and friendly and the female clerk never looked up, said hello or acknowledged my existence. The lobby was cold and uninviting, no seating, just a sterile entryway to a desk. My surprise was when I was told that the $150/night rate didn't include breakfast. It was included at a Hilton Garden Inn during my previous stay, and I had expected it.

I was given a room with a lovely view of the Turner Broadcasting headquarters and Georgia Tech, however, the noisy Interstate (I75 and I85 connector) loamed below. The noise from traffic and horns is a constant. The room is sterile. The entry and bathroom are cold simulated wood, there is no bathtub, only a shower, the lighting is poor. As well, the room is slightly smaller than I am used to at other Hilton properties. The nice amenities were a small refrigerator, a microwave and a Keurig coffee maker in the room. Those things I liked.

Everything about it said cold in feeling and cheap construction. You could tell by the choice of furnishings and fixtures that it was built as a box to make money off of for a few years. Nothing substantial

I also took a look at the Breakfast Room were breakfast is provided each morning for $11.95. It's crammed with the standard fake fireplace turned on in one wall of the room.

The experience wasn't bad, but I won't be back. It reminds me of a millennial property where it's more important to be "hip" than comfortable. It's as though Hilton is trying to provide a property equivalent to Sheraton's W or Marriott's Renaissance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back away from the traffic noise of the Interstate Highways.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AtlStew
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us in Atlanta. We are sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay and felt as though the hotel were cold and unfriendly. We aim to provide topnotch customer service and are always disappointed to hear when a guest leaves at all unsatisfied with their stay. We certainly understand if you choose to stay elsewhere on your next trip to Atlanta but, would love it if you gave our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown another opportunity to provide you with a truly superior experience. Thank you again for your comments and feedback.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

room, lobby and front desk help were great. bed was comfotable and the A/C unit was quiet. Stayed on 11th floor so outfoor noise was minimal. One complaint- other hotels of similar quality offer free parking. this hotel doesn't allow self parking and forces you to pay $20-25 (this wasn't disclosed until after arriving. Be sure to add this into your budget

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed our front desk staff, lobby and room! We do apologize that you were not aware of the charge for valet parking as we do try to ensure all our guests are made aware of this prior to arriving. We appreciate you leaving your feedback for others on Trip Advisor and hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed for a week-long class at GA Tech. The hotel is clean and well-maintained, has a very nice fitness room with treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, free weights, and more. All staff were very professional, welcoming, and friendly. Good food and service in the bar. Easy walk to Midtown MARTA Station & GA Tech. Bathroom & closet both a little small.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for recently staying with us in midtown Atlanta. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our fitness center and restaurant. We hope we will see you again next time you're visiting the area.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is basically new and in very good condition. It is very comfortable and within walking distance to all Atlanta Midtown attractions. The Midtown MARTA train station is only a couple of blocks away.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review! We are glad to hear you found our location convenient and withing walking distance to your destinations. Thanks again for leaving your feedback for others.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were very inpressed by the Hilton Garden Inn Midtown Atlanta. From pulling in to parking, check in/out, everyone on the staff at the hotel was very warm & welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Atalnta area..

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for leaving your review of our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown. We strive to provide excellent customer service and appreciate you letting us know how warm and welcoming our staff was during your visit. We appreciate your recommendation. Thanks again.