“Clean, Comfortable & Efficient with a good location”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #24 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Mannford, United States
“Clean, Comfortable & Efficient with a good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Definitely need to stay north of the City in Atlanta, GA and this hotel was just 3 blocks from the metro. Staff processed me into my room in a matter of a minute or two. Everything was clean and in very good condition. Refrigerator & microwave in the room as well. Area was mostly college students and felt safe even walking around at night.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for recently choosing to stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a glowing review on Trip Advisor as well. It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave as satisfied as you and we hope you'll join us again next time you're visiting the Atlanta area. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Salida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Title pretty much says it all. Will not stay again. Front desk staff did nothing to compensate for lack of shuttle. I expected a hotel of this caliber to have at least one shuttle for 2 shared properties. Hot tub was broken. No price adjustment for facilities advertised, but not available. Beware

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your recent stay. We do apologize if you were under the impression our hotel offered a shuttle, however we have never offered such a service as we are conveniently located just blocks away from the midtown MARTA station. We do also apologize that our hot tub was unavailable during your visit. We are working on that issue and hope to have it up and running as soon as possible. While we do understand if you choose to stay somewhere else on your next visit, we do hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our property to you. Thank you.
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. My first stay was for business. The hotel was great but the room was suppose to be nonsmoking and was filled with smoke. The pervious people even put a garbage bag over the smoke detector to block the detector!!! We informed the staff and they quickly deodorized the room while we were out for the day. They even offered to move all of our items to another room if we wanted that. I'm glad they were attentive to our needs. The valet parking is expensive but I must say they moved a LOT QUICKER than my first stay! The first stay was horrible and it took ALL morning to get my car. They picked up the pace and had good turn around times! I was pleased. The bathroom this time wasn't as great. I had a walk in shower the first stay, this time it was a tub but there was mold around the edges. NASTY!!! It made me mad because I expected more! I'm still going to give them another chance due to my excellent first stay. I'll be back in April for the Lion King and plan on staying here again. It's close to a lot of eateries and quick access to the interstate. Let's see if the third stay is as great as the first! OHHHHH...I can't forget....the BEDS ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE!!! They are so much better.....I never like HGI's because of the adjustable beds. But I was pleasantly surprised when I say they were not! They were very comfortable and made for a great night's sleep!

Room Tip: Request a room upgrade. They're usually able to accommodate you. The rooms at the end of the h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle21496
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know the things we can improve on for our future guests. We do apologize that it took a significant amount of time to retrieve your vehicle however, we are glad to hear that your second experience was much quicker. We do thank you for giving us another opportunity to make your third visit as great as your first and look forward to seeing you later this month.
Roswell, GA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Couldn't have had a better experience. The hotel appears to be brand new, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the location near Georgia Tech campus and McCamish Pavilion was perfect. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sam C
We're delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us and that you would choose to stay with us again on future visits to the area. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback for others looking to travel to the Atlanta area. Thanks again.
New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for a family wedding. It was conveniently located for both the wedding venue and other activities at the Bride's home. The hotel was nicely furnished and very clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The onsite restaurant had a good breakfast but it was a little pricey. The valet parking made coming and going very quick and easy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your 5-star review of our Hilton Garden Inn. It was our pleasure hosting you during your visit to Atlanta for your family wedding. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our properties staff, restaurant and valet. We aim to please and appreciate you letting us know we did so during your stay. Thank you.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We loved the location of this hotel, next to the aquarium and found the room very nice and the bed comfortable. We really like the front desk staff who were all so friendly and helpful. They also have a Legal Seafood Restaurant on site which is an excellent choice for a meal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for recently staying with us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our location and found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you next time you're visiting the Atlanta area.
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I decided to try the new Hilton Garden Inn in Midtown during a recent business trip. I had decided to do so based on a former experience staying at a Hilton Garden Inn in New Orleans several years ago. This new property was the office where I was doing business, so it seemed like a good property to try, even with it's higher prices.

I arrived and was greeted by two desk clerks, the male clerk was welcoming and friendly and the female clerk never looked up, said hello or acknowledged my existence. The lobby was cold and uninviting, no seating, just a sterile entryway to a desk. My surprise was when I was told that the $150/night rate didn't include breakfast. It was included at a Hilton Garden Inn during my previous stay, and I had expected it.

I was given a room with a lovely view of the Turner Broadcasting headquarters and Georgia Tech, however, the noisy Interstate (I75 and I85 connector) loamed below. The noise from traffic and horns is a constant. The room is sterile. The entry and bathroom are cold simulated wood, there is no bathtub, only a shower, the lighting is poor. As well, the room is slightly smaller than I am used to at other Hilton properties. The nice amenities were a small refrigerator, a microwave and a Keurig coffee maker in the room. Those things I liked.

Everything about it said cold in feeling and cheap construction. You could tell by the choice of furnishings and fixtures that it was built as a box to make money off of for a few years. Nothing substantial

I also took a look at the Breakfast Room were breakfast is provided each morning for $11.95. It's crammed with the standard fake fireplace turned on in one wall of the room.

The experience wasn't bad, but I won't be back. It reminds me of a millennial property where it's more important to be "hip" than comfortable. It's as though Hilton is trying to provide a property equivalent to Sheraton's W or Marriott's Renaissance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back away from the traffic noise of the Interstate Highways.
1 Thank AtlStew
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us in Atlanta. We are sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay and felt as though the hotel were cold and unfriendly. We aim to provide topnotch customer service and are always disappointed to hear when a guest leaves at all unsatisfied with their stay. We certainly understand if you choose to stay elsewhere on your next trip to Atlanta but, would love it if you gave our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown another opportunity to provide you with a truly superior experience. Thank you again for your comments and feedback.