“Quiet and convenient”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #58 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here one night while in the area for work. Location was convenient to get to. Valet parking is $22. It is connected to a Hilton Garden Inn, but entrances are clearly marked. Staff I encountered were friendly. My room was clean and quiet. Because it is a suite, it was very spacious. Looks like if you are visiting Ga Tech-you can't beat the location.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

We love when our guests have an excellent stay with us. Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers and spreading your affection for our hotel.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Loved this hotel. Great location near Piedmont Park. Breakfast was delicious and the staff was very helpful and offered to make my waffle for me. The rooms were fresh and clean. This experience met and exceeded all of my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and that we exceeded your expectations. We are proud to give our guests a fantastic experience while they stay in Atlanta and we look forward to having you as our guest once again. Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers and choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed in Atlanta for four nights & found the Homewood Suites Midtown Atlanta to be a very good location. Staff are helpful & friendly - thank you Michelle!

It was convenient for my work, close enough to good public transport (MARTA) while the main restaurant area for our 'downtime' was only a few minutes walk away - try Gordon Biersch & Ecco.

Be sure to find a few hours to explore Piedmont Park, just 15 minutes walk.

& yes, Atlantans do walk!

Room Tip: I'd go inside away from the main road - 943 was ours & had a good view of the north mid town...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for leaving your review of our Homewood Suites Atlanta Midtown. We are delighted to hear you found our staff to be so helpful and have passed along your comments to Michelle as well. We hope we will see you again next time you're in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This new hotel has suites with full kitchens and is well located. Our room was very spacious and clean. The included breakfast was standard but the room and service were great. My only criticism is that there were no in room safes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marc L

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope you'll choose our Homewood Suites Atlanta Midtown on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights at the beginning of September while attending a conference on the Georgia Tech campus, and it was truly an excellent stay. This is a brand new property, so it's clean and modern. I wasn't sure what to expect with the half-Homewood, half-Garden Inn setup, but the hotels really are operated as separate properties that just so happen to share a pool, fitness center, and parking garage. Given the minimal cost differential between the two brands, I'd strongly recommend the Homewood over the Garden Inn.

The rooms are standard for a new Homewood, which is to say, very nice — large bedroom, large living area, well-appointed kitchenette, etc. I was surprised to find a walk-in shower instead of a tub (I've never seen a hotel room without a tub), but it was very nice. When I left dirty dishes in the kitchenette one day, I came 'home' to find them in the dishwasher with a note saying that the dishwasher had been run.

The breakfast is definitely the best free hotel breakfast I've encountered at any hotel, period. Likewise, having food and beer/wine for dinner from 5-7 was very nice, and the food was pretty decent. I only wish they did it 7 nights a week (it's only Mon-Thurs nights, and coming from the airport on Sunday, I would have preferred to not need to leave the hotel again to grab a bite).

All the employees were very kind, and when a small hiccup happened with billing my company card, they took care of it right away. The hotel is about 2 blocks away from the MARTA station, and about 3 blocks north of Tech Square, so it's very walkable. There's also a Publix grocery store about a block away, which made the kitchenette all-the-more convenient.

Overall, I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel N

Thank you for recently staying with us in Midtown Atlanta. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed our new property. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review for other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I love the Hilton Homewood Suites Mid-town, everyone are very friendly. the hotel is in Avery good location about 1 block from Marta train station and also it is very close to Public Food store and there are also several food eatery in that area

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jackie S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our new Homewood Suites Atlanta Midtown. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here with my brother and his girlfriend over the Labor Day weekend while we attended DragonCon. Overall, it was a very positive experience. Location isn't great, but decent - two blocks from the Midtown MARTA stop and a short ride from either downtown or Buckhead. We travelled primarily between Midtown and Peachtree Center - not more than a 10-minute ride. The suite was clean and very comfortable, and the hotel staff were super friendly and helpful. The (complimentary) in-room wi-fi worked just fine, and the complimentary breakfast was also a small step above your average hotel breakfast, which was nice. I did have one minor issue: My (younger, college student) brother was arriving before I was, so I wanted to ensure that he'd be able to check in without having to put his credit card on file for the room charges. Ridiculously draconian procedures that it took three phone calls to figure out. Also, maybe not the best choice if you're travelling on a budget. Granted, it was a holiday weekend with at least three major events going on (DragonCon, Pride, and college football), but our suite (two queen beds and a fold-out couch) was over $200/night, and parking is also not complimentary. But our stay was pleasant and comfortable, and we had plenty of space (although the bathroom setup was a little cramped) - which made for a much more relaxing and enjoyable getaway than we might otherwise have had.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We're so sorry that you had difficulties with your request. We have forwarded your feedback to our Front Office Manager so that they can review this procedure with our associates to ensure future gusts do not have the same issues. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you and your brother enjoyed DragonCon.