“wonderful”

Ranked #33 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
chicago, United States
“wonderful”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is highly recommended. The room was very clean and comfortable, fully stocked kitchen to cook, nice complimentary breakfast, helpful staff, safe area for a morning walk and very family friendly. Everything was decorated tastefully, nice swimming pool, great excersize room, and close to everything we needed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jackie S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are thrilled you enjoyed our guestrooms, staff and complimentary hot breakfast during your stay. We are proud to give our guests a fantastic experience while they stay in Atlanta and we look forward to having you as our guest once again. Thank you for leaving your review for other travelers and choosing our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had a great stay. The rooms were mostly sold out, so they found me an accessible room and it looked great! The staff is really nice and kind. The breakfast was good. The valet staff was Really nice. The Garden Inn that shares the building had the best Food! I loved the Location. We were in the middle of everything. I will always stay at this property when I visit Atlanta. My Bed felt Wonderful. The only issue I had was that My room had not been cleaned, but they came up and fixed it within minutes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We love when our guests have an excellent stay with us and appreciate you taking time to review us here on Trip Advisor! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!! Thanks again.
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

On May 25,2014 I called the Atlanta Midtown HWS and made a reservation. I specifically asked for a Handicapped accessible room with a ROLL IN shower, as our son is a quadriplegic. I explained it 4 times what I wanted, as the last time we stayed at the Hilton attached to the HWS and had the same issue.The girl I spoke with when making the reservation repeated to me what I requested and the said that that room was available and it would be ours..
On June 15th, we checked in to our room and found that the room was NOT what we were told we were getting. It was handicap accessible, but NO roll in shower. I called the front desk and spoke with Catherine. She did apologize and said that room 521, was booked until June 19th. She did try and see if there was a room at the Hilton and said she would call back. At tis point, after traveling 4.5 hours to Atlanta and we had a clinical trial at the Shepherd Center the next day, we decided to make it work. The next morning before breakfast I spoke with Corsica, who said she would make some calls and see if the people in room 521 would relocate to our room. I told thank you and would check with her when we got back later in the day. Upon returning, we were declined to participate in the study. I asked if we could check out as it was after 3PM. Catherine(AWESOME) checked and said it was okay and we would only be charged the one night because of the reservation error. Catherine and Corsica were very helpful overall. Here is the other reasons why I rated it poor.
1)The shower ceiling needs to be repainted as it is peeling. This should be noticed by the staff when the rooms are "cleaned" daily. 2) Breakfast was terrible overall and very few selections.
3) we have stayed at several Homewood suites and this was the worse one we have stayed at.(Catherine and Corsica were the BEST reason for the stay) After reading the other responses from the General Manager, will be the cookie cutter response.

2 Thank Bob G
Michelle L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Mr. Bob G,

First I would like to thank you for being our guest and for bringing your concerns to my attention. I cannot apologize enough for not having the room you were expecting/needing when you arrived. I can understand your frustration and dissatisfaction with the situation. This will be addressed with the person and the entire staff on how to handle reservations that require handicap accessibility. The ceiling in the restroom has been repaired; yes this should had been addressed by a team member. You should not of had to be the one to point it out but I do thank you for doing so. I am glad that Corsica and Catharine did everything they could to correct the situation to your satisfaction. I will look into what can be done to improve the overall breakfast experience for all our guests and I am sorry that it wasn't what you had come to expect from a Homewood. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Michelle Lopez
michelle.lopez@hilton.com
Redford, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I like staying here - the decour and having a kitchen area is great. The breakfast is ok but I had a really good dinner with chicken gumbo and blackened chicken. The hotel is in an easily accesible area.

Bowie, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Well-appointed King Bed Studio Suite! Hotel is within walking distance (if you can walk on a hilly sidewalk) from the METRO Train station ($6.00 round-trip fare) to the Airport. Comfortable bedding, nice pool with breakfast and dinner included in the slightly higher fee you pay to stay at the Homewood Suites in Atlanta, Georgia. Conference rooms on the 12th floor are spacious with large windows with view of the city and the elements of nature.

Columbus, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I can say that this hotel is nice and the staff are nice. There are only 2 main gripes that I have to make it a 3 star hotel. One is that the noise even from the 7th floor on 10th street is really loud. Enough noise that even though it was about 12:30 am when we went to bed, it was close to 3:30 am before I finally dosed off due to the noise. I was even sleeping with noise cancelling earplugs and I could still hear the noise and vibrations from all the cars. The second major complaint was the breakfast. It was basically eggs and muffins and some other things they call food but I would never eat and I am pretty tolerant. Even my 6 year old complained about the taste of (or lack there of) the eggs. He said they had no flavor. The room we stayed in was nice and the staff itself was really nice as well. No complaints there. My kids were entertained by the staff and were all very friendly. Personally, I just don't sleep well in noisy areas, so it just wasn't the right hotel for me. I knew that going in, but hoping to get a room to the inside of the hotel which might have made a difference, but on the street side, it was just too loud to me. If you aren't a light sleeper and don't plan to eat breakfast, this hotel is really nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room to the inside hall.
2 Thank Richard G
Jackie S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We appreciate you letting us know that you found our hotel and our staff to be nice. We do deeply apologize for the noise you experienced and are especially sorry to hear that you and your son did not enjoy our complimentary, hot breakfast. Should you find yourself staying with us in the future, it would be our pleasure to try and accommodate a request for a room on the inside of the hotel. We have also forwarded your comments to our Food & Beverage Director for review, and do hope that you will give our property another opportunity to showcase our dining facilities. Thank you.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I like Homewood Suites if I am going to stay somewhere for a few days. I had a conference in Midtown Atlanta for 5 days, so this hotel was in a perfect location. I could park my car and walk to the conference and all the bars and restaurants and cool sights that Midtown has to offer. So, the hotel met expectations. It was a nice room, with appliances, full size fridge, nice king bed, flat screen, nice walk in shower, etc. The breakfast and light dinner were as advertised. Nothing special but really nice to have as an option. One night it rained like crazy, so I stayed in and ate a nice meal at the 'reception'. Yes, the parking was $22 but the rate for the room was good, so I was cool with it.

The thing that I was most pleased with was the staff. I had a problem that I needed to make the front desk aware of. It was handled immediately. With a smile. It was resolved. Then I come home from dinner, and there is an apology note on the counter, with a gift card to Starbucks and a cup full of snacks and candy. Totally unnecessary, but really appreciated. Every member of that staff that I met over 5 days (from the valet to the front desk to the housekeeping) was friendly, pleasant, and a joy to meet. So, you forget the problem and remember how it was corrected. I would stay there again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
It was our pleasure having you stay with us on your recent trip to Atlanta. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to assist you and resolve your issue so quickly! It is our goal to ensure all our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay and we appreciate you letting us know our staff was able to help ensure this was possible. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the Atlanta Midtown area. Thank you.