“Great hotel rooms. A little busy on Saturday so breakfast was a little disorganized. Probably better during week”

HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #18 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Great rooms for families. Large, clean and comfy. We have a 4,5, and 8 month child and room was so spacious. Lots of families on weekend so breakfast tan por of things and I think we waited 10 min just got spoons. Staff were nice but sometimes hard to find. I would guess they are a little more attentive on week days but still overall nice place. Would be even better if they had an indoor pool!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear MBcastillol,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities, but are sorry that certain factors kept it from being a five-star stay. We revamp our breakfast area and we hope that you are able to return in the future for a perfect stay.

Regards,

Joshua Franco Baiter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Thai first
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night for the chick fil a bowl. Room is beautiful. There was a pair of underwear laying in the floor between the chaise and the cocktail table. I thought this could be a fluke. Although if the room had been vacuumed, it should have been seen. That's not the worst part if this review. We get back late after the game. There is no parking. We drive around for 10 minutes, give up and go next door to a seedy looking parking deck that has a visitor's sign on it. We park next to a car full of marijuana smoking thugs. We make the long creepy walk back to the hotel. The guy working the front desk tells us if we are going to park in the deck we have to go to the 8th floor. So, we have to go all the way back to the seedy parking deck. We go to the 8th floor and enter the code he gives us for the gate. It doesn't work. We hit all the buttons and beat on the keypad until it finally opens. We take the paper back to the front desk guy to show him the code is wrong and he says oh, you HAVE to leave that in the window or you will get towed. Sooo back to the seedy parking deck. Anyway, a little over an hour later, we get parked. This was an unreal experience with absolutely no help or sympathy from the front desk. If it weren't nearly 2am now, I would go somewhere else for the night. Do yourself a favor, go somewhere else. It is a gorgeous hotel, but so not worth it!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank lolo1418
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear lolo1418
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We would like to sincerely apologize about the condition of your room as well as for some of the experiences you had with some of our front desk agents.
We apologize about the experiences you described with our parking, service, housekeeping, and front desk. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests and we are truly sorry that your stay was not a relaxing one. We will embrace your feedback as an opportunity to improve our services for you and future guests of our beautiful hotel. Again please accept our apology and we hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel when my husband was in the area for a conference. The bed was very comfortable, and the free parking and WiFi were much appreciated. The breakfast was good, but it could've been refreshed more regularly to ensure each guest had a range of options from which to choose. Overall, we enjoyed this hotel and would stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Katie M,
We are glad to see that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Hyatt House where you found the rooms to be large and well-appointed and our dedicated team of ambassadors to be friendly and helpful. We cannot wait to welcome you back to enjoy the rest that our Hotelhas to offer.
Sincerelly,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

This is a clean new hotel in the Atlanta. It was an amazing value, offering a huge suite larger and better appointed than most two bedroom apartments for under $150. My only complaint is that I wish they would leave the breakfast open later than 9:30. Otherwise a great place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear GSL29

Thank you! It is such a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Hyatt Atlanta Cobb. We are so glad that you got to enjoy our hotel and the local area. We look forward to having you back again for another visit.

Josh Franco Baiter
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is the first Hyatt House I stayed in. I wanted to be near my family and they chose the hotel for me. I stayed for 8 days and will be staying longer in February.
The king studio was big and clean.
The staff are amazing and friendly. They all acknowledge you when you walk by.
The hotel has alot to offer including free internet, free local calls, free shuttle service and free breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear yyztraveler123 ,
It is such a delight to hear how comfortable and accommodating you found our hotel. We are always eager to hear about guest experiences and one such as yours makes us especially glad to do what we do. We look forward to your return to the Hyatt House in Atlanta Cobb

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I enjoy staying in this part of ATL when I come for business. I usually stay towards the mall on Cobb Parkway but I have been wanting to stay at this hotel. I found the location ideal and convenient to all the restaurants at the Cumberland Mall. Also being located in a small business center / park, it is a quiet location despite being very close to the interstate. I was not at the property for long so I wasn't able to have breakfast or experience any other services but I was very pleased with the room, i.e. cleanliness, staff professionalism and location. I will always stay at this property if it is available when I am in ATL.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Boss Hoh 0113
We are so pleased that you had such a comfortable stay at our New Hyatt House! It is especially a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities on site and found the staff to be so accommodating. We would be delighted to have you return for a future stay.

Sincerelly,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I came to Atlanta for the Thanksgiving holiday and I spent a long time researching which hotel to book for this trip. I chose the Hyatt House Cobb/Galleria because of the great price, the fact that it's fairly new, amenities and location. I have stayed in many Atlanta hotels and this is one of the best.

That said, there are a few issues. The housekeeping needs to care a little more- people pay money to stay in a clean hotel room, and when housekeeping cuts corners it is obvious. Non mopped kitchen floor, goo in the fridge, hairs on sheets, toothpaste gunk on mirrors, non mopped bathroom floor, soap residue in shower- your guests do notice slights in housekeeping even if we do not complain.

Also, the breakfast NEVER once, over the four days we were there, ever had an omelet station. I asked about it and was answered with a vacant look and apathetic shrug from the breakfast attendant. I realize that's an amenity and those are never guaranteed but I find this to be false advertising. Perhaps it's just hard to staff someone who can make omelets. But the breakfast was rubbery scrambled eggs, gray ham, good grits and dry donuts. That's it.

This property is just beautiful and is in the perfect location, and the price can't be beat. They have an amazing fitness center and pool table, bar and outdoor fire pit area. The rooms are lovely and decorated in a minimalist urban way that is altogether alluring. The kitchens are stocked well with dishes and cookware and they'll even go to the grocery store for you if needed.

That's why it's such a shame that they don't have better housekeeping or breakfast. This would be THE most amazing hotel in Atlanta if they did those two things. Front desk staff was totally nice and friendly. I spend a lot of money on hotels when I visit Atlanta and I'd love to have this be my 'go-to' when visiting, but the problems outlined above will cause me to continue my search in the future.

Room Tip: Highway noise can be a bit loud, so if that bothers you make sure to get a room facing away- odd num...