“dont believe the hype”

HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #19 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 February 2014

its located on a highway,lot of noise from vehicles,we took the king guestroom.dont know about the suites.the bathrooms look good but the water flow is very very slow.it took me forever to brush my teeth and have a head bath.comforter is not clean.we bought our own blanket which saved us .the breakfast is just the average one you get anywhere.internet is good.i will definitely not book this hotel next time what ever the price may be.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank last g
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Last G

I'm sorry to see your expectations during this visit were less than pleasant. This is a new property and I do not understand what went wrong that evening, again we are trully sorry. I have sent you a private message to learn more about your recent stay. Please remember that if you are not pleased with your room, you can always contact the manager on duty, and he will be more than happy to assist you. I will share your earnest comment about engineering and housekeeping with the team, so we can better serve you in the future. Please accept our most sincere apologies for a less than perfect experience; we hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I cannot say enough about how this hotel overextended themselves to approximately 40 stranded people during Atlanta's winter storm this week! Despite the fact the hotel was fully booked, they provided all of their "unexpected guests" with blankets, pillows, a safe, warm place to stay (instead of spending 18-20 hours in cold cars as many people did), and great hospitality. On top of that, they saw to it we were fed (at no cost) and provided bottled water and snacks. There were many heroes during this storm, but special kudos are definitely due to Mark Luther, the General Manager, and his entire staff who handled this with many smiles during the worst conditions. If I had to get stuck, I consider myself lucky to have landed at the doorstep of the Hyatt House. Thanks so much!

Lisa Irvan

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa I
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Lisa I,

It is such an honor to hear that you had such a fantastic day with our winter storm task force team. It is such a delight to hear that you were satisfied with so many aspects of your day with us. And especially that you found it to be such a worthwhile experience in our beautiful new property. We hope to see you soon to help you and family enjoy and create many more lasting memories.

Sincerely, from Mark and all our great ambassadors

Reviewed 30 January 2014

After spending over 7 hours stuck in awful traffic, we finally decided to abandon our vehicle on the side of I-75 & I-285, near this Hyatt. ( about 8:00 pm ) After helping my wife climb up the slippery & snow-laden
Embankment & walking on icy roads, we finally made it to the lobby. Of course all rooms were already taken, so I asked the manager, Mark Luther if we could just hang out in the warm lobby.
He said with a big, genuine smile, sure thing. Within a few hours, many other stranded travelers
were in this lobby. We were all told that a conference room was being prepared with blankets, pillows, mattress pads, and sheets. Cases of free bottled water were also handed out. The staff was short handed, but were SO GRACIOUS, in offering to assist us any way they could. Next am, the same staff, invited all of us to partake in the b'fast buffet, coffee, tea, etc., all of the above at no charge, and with genuine care & compassion. ( Gregory the Engineer, Pearl the housekeeper along with Mark, I wish to especially acknowledge ). These people worked tirelessly all night and into the next day, offering free snacks & bottled water mid am. WOW, is all I can say. Human kindness personified. Good job Hyatt, in hiring such wonderful, compassionate, staff. Thank you so very much. Charles & Debbie Guisinger.

3  Thank C1aaa

Dear Charles and Debbie,

We are delighted to hear that you had such a memorable time spending your day with our winter storm task force team, It is such a delight to hear that you were satisfied with so many aspects of your day with us and especially that you found it to be such a worthwhile experience in our beautiful hotel. We hope to see you soon to help you and family enjoy and create many more lasting memories.

Sincerely, from Mark and all our ambassadors

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stay here during a business trip which happened to be during the ice storm. The hotel staff worried 3 days straight with going home. Their customer service was exceptional (especially Tania and Josh). Despite no sleep and little food for themselves they made sure my team was taken care of. This hotel staff is amazing! If this is how Hyatts are run I'm all in. Thank you Tania and Josh!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Brian H

Dear Brian,
We are delighted to hear that you had such a memorable time spending your day with our winter storm task force team, it is our main priority to create the best guest experience possible and we are so pleased to have done so for you. We work very hard for our guests and community. It is such a pleasure to know that we were able to make you happy and provide such a positive experience for your return to our brand. We hope to see you soon to help you and your group and create many more lasting memories.
Sincerely, from Mark, Josh, Tania, and all our ambassadors

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I wanted to share my experience as a guest at this hotel during a very stressful time. The staff was excellent and mangers and regional mangers where there and took care of everyone who came into the hotel. People where stranded and walked to warm place and the hyatt house welcomed them with what every they could do! I will stay there again no doubt… Our company had a meeting close to this hotel and we could not get back or go anywhere they put together a room for us and we were able to work thru the storm. I cant say enough about this hotel, staff really cares about customers.

2  Thank Mary G

Dear Mary G,
We are delighted to hear that you had such a memorable time spending your day with our winter storm task force team and ambassadors. It is our goal to make every Hyatt experience perfect and we couldn’t be happier to know that this was the case for you. We work very hard to make our community a safer and happier place for all. We hope you are able to return in the future to create many more lasting memories.
Sincerely, from Mark and all our ambassadors

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on the road for over 11 hours. Wheelchair accessible room was perfect bed height and very comfortable. The staff was the highlight of our stay. They helped us with room booking issue & made sure we were taken care of, helped with our food options for dinner and All ladies from check in to breakfast attendant made us feel like we were friends. So polite, helpful , friendly and courteous. Can't wait to go back to say hello!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joannestar13

Dear Joanestar13,
It is a true pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us so much and found all the facilities and services to be so comfortable. We are always pleased to find out when our guests have such a memorable time and we can’t wait to see you back again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

A solid choice in the area, near several major businesses. This appears to be a competitive entry to the Aloft-type hotel. Except this one actually works and is worth staying at. Room was compact but everything needed, including a refrigerator. Large, walk-in shower, free internet. How is this so hard for hotels to comprehend? One of the top complaints is paying for internet, particularly at high-end hotels, where it can run up to $15 a night. Here it is free. Free breakfast, though I did not sample. Excellent gym facility for a hotel of this, or any size. At least ten treadmills - exercise bikes and solid dumb-bell and weight machine. Have stayed at luxury hotels with far inferior equipment. Room quiet, bed comfortable. Only complaint - on checking out, I wanted to print my airline boarding pass at their cool lobby business office. Printer did not work. Informed desk of this and personnel there said, yes, it's out of toner. Anyone going to fix it? (Replacing toner about a two minute job.) No. Dumbfounded by this response. Put a damper on the whole experience, but a fine place to stay as long as you don't need to print anything.

Room Tip: On the fifth floor. Very quiet.