“Good food - local hangout”
Review of Six Feet Under

Six Feet Under
Ranked #135 of 4,304 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Grant Park
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had a family birthday celebration here and were seated immediately (get there before 6pm). Our server was friendly and took good care of us. Everyone seemed pleased with their entree. I had the ahi tuna and it was very tasty but a bit dry. Portions were large and no one left hungry. Suggestion...after eating, head across the street and walk through the beautiful Oakland Cemetery! You'll see great views of Atlanta and enjoy the very lush, well-maintained grounds.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I phoned in an order at Six Feet Under today with the expectation that my meal would be ready when I arrived and I could get back to make a business appointment. Needless to say, that didn't happen. The bartender was oblivious to to the fact that the order was sitting on the counter, where he passed by it for 20 minutes without as much as checking to see if a customer had ordered it. Then, once he was informed that the meal had been sitting there, in plain view, for almost 30 minutes, he had the nerve to snatch it off of the counter and try to give it to me. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

I do give the manager credit for trying to make things right; but, it cost me another 20 minutes to get the remake! And the place was almost empty! More than1 hour for a call in order! UNACCEPTABLE! I really enjoy the food at 6 Feet Under, but the service sucks. Not the first substandard customer experience I've had there. Won't go back!

1  Thank mrsgapeach
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visit this restaurant at least a couple times a month. We love the seafood there, including the crabcake appetizers and the enormous fish stew. There’s a deck upstairs that’s lovely if the weather’s not too hot.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We called ahead and were placed in line so upon arrival we were seated rather quickly. The atmosphere was great and the food was DELICIOUS!! We ordered various dishes and all were great but the blackened catfish, the salmon and the crab cakes stood out. The server did forgot to put our appetizer order in but he apologized and adjusted the bill. Other than that minor hiccup, our visit was great and before we left they came over to make sure our visit was great before we left. This place is a treat that we will revisit!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

When visiting family in Atlanta, this is our go to spot. Great seafood and burgers. Service is outstanding. Wife and I shared the fried catfish, tilapia and oyster combo with onion rings. Light batter and almost too much to eat. Margarita was also very good. Can't wait to go back in November.

Been to Six Feet Under? Share your experiences!