“If you want a delicious Brunch (without the wait or attitude) . . .”
Review of Dakota Blue

Dakota Blue
Ranked #575 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Neighbourhood: Grant Park
Neighbourhood: Grant Park
Atlanta, Ga
“If you want a delicious Brunch (without the wait or attitude) . . .”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

BRUNCH BRUNCH BRUNCH!

If you find yourself in this neighborhood and want a delicious brunch without the wait and without the attitude then visit DAKOTA BLUE (see my disclaimer below about Ria's Bluebird).

The breakfast is fairly standard but the SPECIALS are OUT OF THIS WORLD. I am in love with their Baby Daddy Skillet (baked with Apples, Potatoes, Bacon) and served with Eggs Benedict over the top is Ah-mazing! I am a picky person and I've gotten this dish several times and it is sheer perfection. They have several other specials that sound De-lish.

I would give the place 5 stars alone for the food. The service is friendly if a little scattered (but someone tell me where in this part of town the service isn't a little scattered). The space is extremely inviting and they even have a little section of toys for this tots.

If you hate yourself and want to wait ages service shooting you the middle finger (then go visit the RUDE people at Ria's Bluebird who advertise on their menu that they specialize in customer DISSERVICE)! I don't care if God made the pancakes I wouldn't walk in their door.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Thatguyfsu

Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful little restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

After a trip to Zoo Atlanta, we were hungry and our usual haunt in that part of town was mobbed. We decided to try something new and are glad we did!
Dakota Blue feels like many of the restaurants in Boston, located in an old building with some outdoor seating along the street. Very nice server and extensive menu. My son enjoyed a large steak burrito with a side of chips. My friend and I each had different large salads. Great dressing and liked the sesame seeds and blue cheese crumbles on the salad. Will visit again after our next zoo visit!

Visited October 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No big deal”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We went here for lunch on a Saturday after visiting the zoo. First of all on weekends you can't order off most of the menu. We wanted nachos but were told no. My husband ordered a skillet that was greasy as heck and I ordered a burrito asking for extra pico de gallo and barely got any at all. The waitress parked her butt with a fellow employee gabbing away and when my husband got up and asked about drink refills, her fellow employee looked at him like he was an alien from another planet for expecting our waitress to...WAIT on us. We won't be back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SheriLGH
Georgia
“My new favorite casual place in Atlanta”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I discovered Dakota Blue during a walk around Grant Park and the neighborhood. A friend and I met at the park and walked 4 miles, enjoying the park and looking at the renovated houses in the neighborhood. We stopped at Dakota Blue and hoped for the best. We got the best!

My friend ordered the eggs benedict and they were great. I ordered the Bleu Burger - and it was the best burger I've had in a LONG time. The food was so good I returned with another friend yesterday. She loved the bleu burger just as much as I did. I tried a chicken salad sandwich with a twist. It was FABulous. The beer is great. The service is attentive. We ate at a sidewalk table both times. The second time we had a pup with us. After eating at Dakota Blue we wandered and walked the park. Location = great. Food = great. Ambiance = great. I've found a new favorite in Atlanta!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank onemoreroad
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, kid friendly.”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This place is what you think about when you picture a neighborhood family-friendly restaurant. Good food, tons of kids running around, and no one cares about the noise.

Been to Dakota Blue? Share your experiences!