“Kyma is an experience!”
Review of Kyma

Kyma
Reserve with OpenTable
Kyma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 4,038 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$24 - US$60
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Paces Ferry Rd.
Transit: MARTA (Bus)
Description: Kyma is a contemporary seafood tavern with an inventive yet approachable menu that stays true to its Mediterranean origins. Kyma’s dazzling constellation display on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and bold fresh fish display are dramatic while the inviting patio offers an ideal setting for savoring a glass of Greek wine. Fresh, healthy food, attentive Mediterranean hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I love restaurants where you are not rushed, and the food comes out at a nice pace. Kyma is just fabulous. Try the octopus---it was a new experience for me, but I LOVED it! It is a fun place to challenge yourself and try some new things. The service at Kyma is always top-notch. VERY recommended!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We ordered from the vegetarian menu, and could not have been happier! The zucchini fritters alone were worth the visit! Our server, Melissa, guided us as to a reasonable number of selections from the menu, and it turned out to be just the right amount of food for the three of us. Everything we had was excellent, and it is definitely on the list for our next visit to Atlanta!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went here with some friends and frankly, we were hesitant due to our inexperience with Greek food. However, the experience was one of the best we've ever had. I say experience because it was more than the food. Starting with drinks at the bar, the bartender was very nice and very helpful in helping us select the appropriate Ouzo. The wait staff was friendly, helpful, and treated us like we were family. And the food was excellent. We had several appetizers including the octopus, the prawns and the spread sampler. All were superb! We also had the pork ribs and the lamb chops which were cooked to perfection and the best I've ever had. Be careful when ordering the ribs, the portions were plentiful. We had 5 pieces for 4 of us and we could have been happy with 3. We did not leave hungry and definitely had smiles on our faces.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our first dinner at Kyma was a nice experience. They have valet parking ($2). I did not see an option not to valet. We had reservations for 6:30 and we arrived and we were seated immediately. The restaurant was a bit empty but filled up pretty quick.
The space was nicely decorated and it felt like you were at a nice dining restaurant. I enjoyed the layout. Too often when we go our I feel we are on top of our neighbors and it is too loud to have a conversation. I did not feel like that here.
We wanted to try a little bit of everything since it was our first time so we went with the Tasting Menu for two that included three spreads, four meze and the dover sole fish.
We chose the Tzatziki (yogurt/cucumber), Htipiti (red pepper) and Melitzanosalata (eggplant) as our three spreads. It comes we very tasty warm pita bread for the spreads. Easily our favorite was the roasted red pepper (Htipiti) spread. It was creamy and very tasty. I thought I would like the Tzatziki spread the best but it ended up being my least favorite. It was too creamy. Perhaps too much yogurt for my taste. Our third the Melitzanosalata was actually very good. It was our last pick and even though I don’t love eggplant I was quite happy with it.
For our Meze we chose the Dolmades, Spanakopitas, Watermelon Salad, and Spicy Lamb Pie.
The Dolmades and Spanakopitas came out together first. The dolmades were served cold and we enjoyed them. The grape leaves were good and their filling was quite tasty. You get four to an order. The spanakopitas was also enjoyable. They tasted like spinach cheese dip wrapped up. Nothing to complain about. So far we were quite happy.
Next the Lamb Pie came out. We started to dig in and it became evident quickly that we got the Cheese pie instead of the lamb pie. We enjoyed this but it was our least favorite of the evening. We mentioned to our waitress the error and explained we liked it and not to worry we would just finish it. I think we may have gotten someone else cheese pie because she came out with the lamb and explained it was already cooked so they wanted us to have the lamb as well. It seemed like an honest error and we were not offended at all. The waitress was very polite about the situation. When the Lamb pie came out it was easy to tell how it could be confused they are very similar in appearance on the outside.
We were both very glad she let us try the lamb too though it was easily our favorite meze that we had. The lamb was delicious. It had a little spice to it but I would not call it hot. It was just right.
The watermelon salad came out last. I loved it. The watermelon, feta, and sorbet textures and flavors really worked for me. They added mint as well which I thought was brilliant. I will say my date did enjoyed it but did not care for the feta cheese mixed with watermelon.
At this point we were already pretty full. That easily could have been a meal and I was worried how we were going to eat the “whole fish”. Our dover sole came out and I was surprised it is not a whole fish. We got two filet’s instead. The waitress explained that is the only fish they don’t serve whole. The portion size was good. After everything else we had I don’t think I could have handled much more then what we got. To be honest the only reason I finished is because it was very tasty. The fish had a hearty/meaty consistency I liked a lot. It was served with butter lemons and a quinoa/kale mixture. It was fantastic.
No dessert tonight we just did not have room. Our service throughout the evening was good. If I came back I would defiantly want the spreads again particularly the roasted red pepper. I would not skip the spicy lamb pie either. I don’t think I would do the whole fish and meze again. Very happy we did it our first time to try so much food but I think we would do the spreads, a fish and maybe a meze or two or just the Meze tasting menu if we did not feel like fish.
A very enjoyable experience all around.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were a party of eight and had a nice round table. It went downhill from there.
The appetizers of grilled octopus. And the special orange marlin were lukewarm. And over cooked.
Then the entrees came. The scallops were cold, the steak were well done instead. Of rare. Which was sent back and returned medium. The lamb also came out not hot.. The others ordered appetizers which were ok. Then we ordered dessert about 30. Minutes we still had not received our order. We asked for the manager and she came over and apologized and sent over some baclavar.. We will not be back. To top it off was how pricy it was for nothing .also the chairs are to hard.