“Chopstix is gone we are sad” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Atlanta Georgia
“Chopstix is gone we are sad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Chopstix was only a couple of miles from our house so we went frequently. It was very good. The resturant struggled in 2009. Admittedly we pulled in our horns a bit during that year also. I am not sure how a number of little neighborhood resturants made it through that time. We frequently went into resturants and we were the only people there. But anyway, the proprieter of chopstix had to take on a partner durning that stretch and they made several remodling changes that were probably a good idea. They changed their name to stix and steaks for about a year. But now the name is completely different and all the old standby entres are gone. The menu is now continental, but we have yet to go to the new reincarnation.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Kerwin G

Atlanta
“Upscale Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our third visit to Chopstix over the past 5 years and it has remained consistently very good. Inventive specials, top notch service and a quiet atmosphere. Even when the jazz combo is playing in the bar. The Peking Duck is superb and the wine list is ample. We don't go that often due to the distance from our home. But we highly recommend.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Phinda
Lantana, Florida
“Still good after 20 years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have been going to Chopstix since around 1987. I moved from the Atlanta area and remembered the delicious food. I was not disappointed. The service was friendly and prompt. The food was still very good. I ordered the won ton soup-very good and the shrimp with blackbean sauce. It was served with fresh, large shrimp and the sauce was quite good. I ordered a cup of tea afterwards and was served the almond cookie, I so well remembered. Unfortunately, it was early on a Tuesday night during the summer so there was not a huge crowd. I had a tasteful, delicious meal and was treated attentively as a solo diner. For fine Asian dining- this is a good choice.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank WPBTA
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrendous!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I went by for lunch and there isn't a lunch special, meaning... when you order a lunch special it shall come with a side such as soup or egg roll, but NO you'll have to pay extra for a soup. So, I went ahead and ordered egg drop soup and OMG, it's a soup from hell!!! It's not edible and believe me, I'm Asian and I've been to tons of Chinese Restaurant and this is by far the worst of the worst! Egg drop soup is watery, bland, no flavor but oil and... too much egg! My dog wouldn't eat it. I then refused to eat it after the look of it and a sip of it, so I told the owner that I don't want it and it's, "no good!" Again, I'm Asian and I know! Then came my order, Mongolian Chicken.... it looked good, but tasted the meat. Guess what? Not rich flavor as you would find at Golden Buddha in Chastain, too much onion, chunky chicken meat like you've never seen at any Chinese Rastaurant, and dried over-cooked!!! Ha, you Americans are too dumb to think it's delicious.... trust me, it is not. I don't understand why their business is up and running still. Just go about a mile toward Buckhead on Roswell and eat at Golden Buddha/Mo Mo Ya's. Yes, they included salad, soup, and fresh meat for lunch special!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank deanuga
atlanta
“Awful place; The owners don't seem to care about their business.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2009

The owners don't seem to care about their business.
We ordered "Salty Duck", and it looked like it had just been taken out of the fridge after standing there for about two weeks. Upon closer examination we felt an urge to vomit because of the way that the duck was cut; the pieces were out of shape and of all different sizes, almost as if someone chopped them in a rage. The skin was still on the duck and you could see some feathers.
After about 15 minutes my cold noodles arrived. These were very cold, tasteless and not fresh. The sauce on them tasted like it was just a random mixture of different leftovers.
No taste, careless presentation, the plates and silverware were very dirty. Out of the four dishes ordered we only ate the vegetables, but the person in charge didn't ask or care why we left the food untouched.
Finally I should note that the sign they have in the restaurant that states "100 best Chinese restaurants" is very deceiving and wrong considering how many excellent Chinese restaurants are out there.